• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 19 - CCM v WSW at Gosford

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Okon is just not getting the best out of his players.
From the Ramble interview I can't help but wonder if he tries to give his players too much autonomy on the pitch. Which is why none of them look like they have any goddamn idea what they're doing.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Pretty sure Okon is thinking what we're all saying here....'the f**k is wrong with these clowns? They get on the piss this morning or something?'

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Pretty sure Okon is thinking what we're all saying here....'the f**k is wrong with these clowns? They get on the piss this morning or something?'
Actually, scratch that. From my experience in the lower tiers of All Age (and I'm sure others would agree from experience!) half the time being hungover/still drunk somehow gets people to play better. Might help our guys get out of their heads.

Also, that last play from Hoole. Nothing is going to happen with that one, why pass it to the player with 2 on them. I really feel like we need to keep it simple. For a possession team, we could probably do better with the frequent short passes.

I also think none of our players seem to be aware of the value of drawing defenders out of position to create space for other players.

nebakke

Starting to think last week was less of a 'blip' and more of a 'new look mariners' - we're f**kimg dire to watch front and back now - so i suppose the team has found a certain balance.

Woollybutt

Random first half thoughts. 1) Turns out Baro's organisational skills are underrated. 2) I miss the old NYL. Having Rose and Roux come in with limited football under their belts means they look off the pace massively. How hard is it to have a decent reserve competition that runs the length of the season? 3) We need a real left back. 4) Would like to see Skapetis on at half time.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hoping to see Skeps replace Wales by the time the 2H kicks off. Not up to it today
Agree. I think Wales has a place off the bench, but I don't think he's 'earned his stripes' enough to keep getting a start. He's had a few chances and still hasn't lifted to the level he needs to play at.
He seems lost out there.
I don't think any other team in the league would give players so many chances.

nebakke

Jesus f**k who the f**k is training corners with them? Both Hoole and Wales had decent corners in them for their first couple of games, then went to shit. Outs almost like the coaching is breaking them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred