• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18

bobandbill

If anyone wants to laugh at Sydney...

http://channelsurfing.net/watch-wabsg-1.html

Pity there's no Aloisi to laugh at this game... :(

bobandbill

And... a 2-0 win to Adelaide, with Sydney also having a player sent off in the last minute.

Wonder what the Sydney forum is like at the moment...

northernspirit

tonights result all but sews up 1st spot
from here on in we should hope that adelaide win against melbourne and queensland and we win ours to claim 2nd spot

marinersman

Agreed. Very much looking forward to Tuesday night and Adelaide doing us a huge favour.

Next Saturday night is a six pointer against Queensland.

cruiser

northernspirit said:
from here on in we should hope that adelaide win against melbourne and queensland and we win ours to claim 2nd spot
Pretty much.

For those who think that winning the plate is more important than winning the toilet seat I ask this: how many people remember that Adelaide finished the 1st season on top of the ladder compared to those who remember that Sydney won the grand final? In Australia, nothing matters more than winning a grand final.

northernspirit

thats true, true football supporters will acknowledge that being top at the end of the season is the mark of a true champion, the best and most consistant side over the whole season - in finals football anything can happen, a dodgy call (cough, handball in grand final last year), injuries, changes in form etc... however in australia it is very much a grand final culture built on the traditions set from AFL and Rugby league, thats fine - it gives the ffa a massive boost in crowd numbers and tv ratings at the pointy end of the season meaning more revenue but i still think that winning the plate isnt recognised enough - maybe its the FFA wanting to put more emphasis on its finals series, theres nothing minor about winning the premiership

its: premiers and champions

anyway, at least this year noone expects us to be the champions - Adelaide are favourites and rightly so, but anything can happen in finals football, if we can finish 2nd that 2nd chance could be invaluable - newcastle won from that position last year and no reason why we cant... tonights game with Melbourne at home to Adelaide is MASSIVE and the waves will be felt right up to Queensland, hopefully Adelaide do us a favour against Melbourne and Queensland and then our destiny is in our own hands

Arabmariner

cruiser said:
northernspirit said:
Pretty much.

For those who think that winning the plate is more important than winning the toilet seat I ask this: how many people remember that Adelaide finished the 1st season on top of the ladder compared to those who remember that Sydney won the grand final? In Australia, nothing matters more than winning a grand final.
Winning the plate gets us entry to the ACL.

We should be trying to win the league not come second.

I hope our team management don't think second best in the league is good enough.

Don't get me wrong.I'd enjoy a GF win as much as anyone else but as far as I'm concerned winning the league is the big one.

northernspirit

Arabmariner said:
cruiser said:
northernspirit said:
Pretty much.

I hope our team management don't think second best in the league is good enough.

Don't get me wrong.I'd enjoy a GF win as much as anyone else but as far as I'm concerned winning the league is the big one.
i agree but lets be realistic here, in order for us to finish top ALOT of things have to fall in our favour... fact is Adelaide is 2 points ahead of us with still 2 games in hand, thats a bridge too far imo

Arabmariner

northernspirit said:
Arabmariner said:
cruiser said:
northernspirit said:
Pretty much.

i agree but lets be realistic here, in order for us to finish top ALOT of things have to fall in our favour... fact is Adelaide is 2 points ahead of us with still 2 games in hand, thats a bridge too far imo
Yes it probably is too big an ask.

However should we win all of our last 3 games and the others in the top four have lots of draws we'd win the league with points to spare.Remember the start to last season?.....Us on top while everyone kept drawing !

I just think that until it's mathimaticaly impossible to win the league that's what we should be aiming for.

bjw

bjw
Jets v Wellington today..

score, predictions, etc..

1-1 draw with Griffiths getting sent off.

FFC Mariner

cruiser said:
northernspirit said:
Pretty much.

Their bank manager and the Asian Federation remember.

Part_Timer

northernspirit said:
Arabmariner said:
cruiser said:
northernspirit said:
Pretty much.

yeah alot has to go our way but like last year when qld f**ked it and handed it to us never say never on the coast..

Gav...

Wellington will win 2 -1.

Hopefullt Griffiths has a brain sanp again and gets sent off

BAD BULLZ

Arabmariner said:
cruiser said:
northernspirit said:
Pretty much.

I'm still hoping for the most EPICEST sunday EVER with the season coming down to the last match of the season ADELAIDE VS MARINERS AT BLUE TOUNGE FOR THE PLATE
which will hopefully follow the EVEN EPICERR BATTLE FOR THE SPOON BLING VS SCUM MATCH

Correct me if i'm wrong but should adelaide come first and mariners 2nd we would still be going to asia because adelaide already qualifed by getting to the final against gamba?? or did they have to win it?

northernspirit

BAD BULLZ said:
Arabmariner said:
cruiser said:
northernspirit said:
Pretty much.

I'm still hoping for the most EPICEST sunday EVER with the season coming down to the last match of the season ADELAIDE VS MARINERS AT BLUE TOUNGE FOR THE PLATE
which will hopefully follow the EVEN EPICERR BATTLE FOR THE SPOON BLING VS SCUM MATCH

Correct me if i'm wrong but should adelaide come first and mariners 2nd we would still be going to asia because adelaide already qualifed by getting to the final against gamba?? or did they have to win it?
no eggy, adelaide have to qualify for asia like the rest of us - so if adelaide win the plate and win the grand final, the grand final runner up will take the 2nd asian spot (which is how adelaide qualified for asia this time around with melbourne winning the plate and toilet seat in v2)

dbryant

Why are the Scum allowed to wear their home strip and not the change one? It isn't like their white (away) strip would clash with Wellington's black one...

Maybe the FFA are experimenting with changing their policy about wearing change strips...?

kevrenor

dbryant said:
Why are the Scum allowed to wear their home strip and not the change one? It isn't like their white (away) strip would clash with Wellington's black one...

Maybe the FFA are experimenting with changing their policy about wearing change strips...?

They had to wear a different strip without Centrebet on it as gambling adverts are against NZ govt policy. Perhaps St Vinnies had run out of white ones to stick the new charity advert on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred