• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 Local Thread

kanewillow

im not upset at all just saying from all his accounts seu 21s team is filth and it is a card offence for yelling to put a player off

Kareem

kanewillow said:
im not upset at all just saying from all his accounts seu 21s team is filth and it is a card offence for yelling to put a player off
1) seu 21s- not filth!
2) Card offence...yes. Under bad sporsmanship I believe. Which is a YC...maybe Gus can confirm. It was a stupid thing to do...
3) It was a joke. I was saying that you 'sounded' sad that he plays for the Red now :p
Stupid internet and jokes :p

OJ

hey capt gus.. Guess what ? Ref's make mistakes.. All you do is defend them and when you cant defend them you ignore posts.. I have a quote that i use from time to time.. As you no everyone is entitled to an opinion, some opinions are more educated than others and whilst your entitled to your opinion i do not respect your opinion..
Sending a player off is a very drastic action it should never be the first option. Cards should be kept to an absolute minimum.. The best premier league referee who rarely gets to do games on the coast because football nsw wants him to do super league also gives out the least amount of cards.. He has the players respect because he has management skills and can communicate with the players.. This is a key element that is overlooked by power obsessed officials who lack the required skills to carry out their jobs

BAD BULLZ

we got up 7 nil was piss poor performance tho overall.
we wanted and needed double figures me n greggo both scored 1.
7 different scorers in game must improve next week :fireup:

In other news does anyone know how the other aa1s went?(well informed)?

Ted

BUD1 1100 MAA1  BUD  BER 2 5
EGO2 1045 MAA1  EGO  GWA 2 1
KAN1 915 MAA1  KAN  WYG 7 0
UMI1 900 MAA1  UMI    KIN 1 2

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Kareem said:
kanewillow said:
1) seu 21s- not filth!
2) Card offence...yes. Under bad sporsmanship I believe. Which is a YC...maybe Gus can confirm. It was a stupid thing to do...
3) It was a joke. I was saying that you 'sounded' sad that he plays for the Red now :p
Stupid internet and jokes :p

Considering the 21s have a bit or a reputation for causing trouble, to the extent where players on the sidelline from being sent off for fighting have come onto the pitch in following weeks to take part on fights, I think there's a reason why word is going around that they're 'filth' (I don't know how they've been lately, but early in the season things weren't great).  I know people in the team who would use that description.....

Shouting to distract an opponent is USB if the referee decides to take the appropriate action - if there's no effect on play the ref might just warn the play, but it most certainly is cautionable.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

OJ said:
hey capt gus.. Guess what ? Ref's make mistakes.. All you do is defend them and when you cant defend them you ignore posts.. I have a quote that i use from time to time.. As you no everyone is entitled to an opinion, some opinions are more educated than others and whilst your entitled to your opinion i do not respect your opinion..

Yeah, good one.  As you'll notice if you other reading the post on here, I mentioned that handball is a tricky one to get right but also mentioned it doesn't help if the ref is up at halfway.  Oh, and I mentioned that the players who abused the ref brought the red cards on themselves - but it only benefits the team concerned if they realise that.  Yeah, totally sticking up for the referee there.  Oh yes, I explained how one particular incident may have been interpreted by the referee.  How dare I!!!!!  I'm sure such knowledge isn't beneficial to players at all, no sirree bob! 

Now, jog my memory - when was the last time I actually stuck up for a ref on here?  Most of the time i offer a suggestion behind a decision, or when somebody mentions something which is wrong under the laws of the game, so I'll jump on to point that out.  Nobody benefits by ignorance, including the players themselves.  Most of the 'sticking up' actually comes from others on here such as marinermick - other people, not me, jump in when somebody comes on here bagging out a ref.  But I guess somebody like you wouldn't notice that ;)

Had to get a laugh out of that though - you have a go at me for sticking up for refs, then you have a go at me for not saying anything when ref's get criticised on here.  You don't know whether you're coming or going, do you? :D

Yeah, I ignore the posts of 'the ref today was shit' or a lot of other complaints, so what?  I wasn't there, what do you want me to say?  What, I'm supposed to agree?  Nice one.  I know there's incompetent referees out there, I know even good refs have bad days, and I've never pretended that refs don't make mistakes - every ref will make mistakes in every game, just about.  Heck, I've made some incredible mistakes last season.  Even last week in Futsal I made a blatant, inexcusable mistake (which, fortunately, nobody picked up on).

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion as well - you might find it's a more educated one if you actually pay attention to what's going on instead of deciding that because I'm a ref you're just going to be agaisnt everything I say on principle.
OJ said:
Sending a player off is a very drastic action it should never be the first option. Cards should be kept to an absolute minimum.. The best premier league referee who rarely gets to do games on the coast because football nsw wants him to do super league also gives out the least amount of cards.. He has the players respect because he has management skills and can communicate with the players.. This is a key element that is overlooked by power obsessed officials who lack the required skills to carry out their jobs

Depends on the action if a red card is the 'first option' or not.  While it's nice to keep cards to a minimum players also need to be accountable for their actions.  As you'll note in the post that I was referring to, the referee attempted to manage the situation via talking to the players and (mostly) issuing cautions first.  No matter how good you are there are times when the players won't respond well, and I've seen every premier league ref on the coast have games where they've done everything right and still everybody's walked off the field hating them.

IMO, a referee needs to have the balls to give out a lot of cards when necessary, but should generally try to keep the card count down if possible.
Giving out a lot of cards doesn't mean the ref is on a power trip - sometimes the players are just poorly disciplined.  But of course, somebody with your extensive refereeing experience would know that, right?  Much easier to bag them out instead of having the ball to give it a go yourself.

Don't respect my opinion?  I don't give a stuff mate, not with the crap you're putting on.  At least my opinion is grounded in both knowledge of the laws and experience on all sides of the coin - as a ref, player, coach and spectator.  What've you got, aside from a skill of selective reading?

Though please, keep posting.  No, really, you're doing well.  Your input to this thread has been invaluable.

Davo

Does anyone have a copy of the final point scores for Div 21?  If you do could you please post them here of message them to me. Cheers

Ted

9-Aug  BERC    900   D21  BER1    SEU 6 0
9-Aug  BERK1 1030   D21  BER2    BUD 2 2
9-Aug  GOS1  900   D21  GOS      TER 4 1
9-Aug  KAN1  1100   D21  KAN    WMG 1 0
9-Aug  KIN1  1100   D21    KIN      EGO 2 0

OJ

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
OJ said:

Yeah, good one.  As you'll notice if you other reading the post on here, I mentioned that handball is a tricky one to get right but also mentioned it doesn't help if the ref is up at halfway.  Oh, and I mentioned that the players who abused the ref brought the red cards on themselves - but it only benefits the team concerned if they realise that.  Yeah, totally sticking up for the referee there.  Oh yes, I explained how one particular incident may have been interpreted by the referee.  How dare I!!!!!  I'm sure such knowledge isn't beneficial to players at all, no sirree bob! 

Now, jog my memory - when was the last time I actually stuck up for a ref on here?  Most of the time i offer a suggestion behind a decision, or when somebody mentions something which is wrong under the laws of the game, so I'll jump on to point that out.  Nobody benefits by ignorance, including the players themselves.  Most of the 'sticking up' actually comes from others on here such as marinermick - other people, not me, jump in when somebody comes on here bagging out a ref.  But I guess somebody like you wouldn't notice that ;)

Yeah, I ignore the posts of 'the ref today was shit' or a lot of other complaints, so what?  I wasn't there, what do you want me to say?  What, I'm supposed to agree?  Nice one.  I know there's incompetent referees out there, I know even good refs have bad days, and I've never pretended that refs don't make mistakes - every ref will make mistakes in every game, just about.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion as well - you might find it's a more educated one if you actually pay attention to what's going on instead of deciding that because I'm a ref you're just going to be agaisnt everything I say on principle.
OJ said:

Depends on the action if a red card is the 'first option' or not.  While it's nice to keep cards to a minimum players also need to be accountable for their actions.  As you'll note in the post that I was referring to, the referee attempted to manage the situation via talking to the players and (mostly) issuing cautions first.  No matter how good you are there are times when the players won't respond well, and I've seen every premier league ref on the coast have games where they've done everything right and still everybody's walked off the field hating them.

Giving out a lot of cards doesn't mean the ref is on a power trip - sometimes the players are just poorly disciplined.  But of course, somebody with your extensive refereeing experience would know that, right?  Much easier to bag them out instead of having the ball to give it a go yourself.

Don't respect my opinion?  I don't give a stuff mate, not with the crap you're putting on.  At least my opinion is grounded in both knowledge of the laws and experience on all sides of the coin - as a ref, player, coach and spectator.   What've you got, aside from a skill of selective reading?

Though please, keep posting.  No, really, you're doing well.  Your input to this thread has been invaluable.

Well that was a waste of 10 minutes!! Nice post. 
I suggest you check out the thread you used to post on regularly The Referees post. Oh and by the way you have just been given a RED CARD for retaliation!!!

BAD BULLZ

MAA1                         
        P  W  D  L  B  GF  GA  GD  PTS
KAN    15  8  6  0  1  42  11  31  30  :eek:verhead:
MTN  15  9  2  2  2  42  11  31  29
BER    15  8  3  2  2  30  13  17  27
KIN    15  7  1  6  1  32  21  11  22
EGO  15  6  2  6  1  26  18    8  20
GWA  15  5  1  7  2  22  21    1  16
UMI  15  5  1  7  2  16  23  -7  16
BUD  15  2  3  8  2  25  38  -13  9
WYG  15  0  1  12  2  3  82  -79  1

We did just enough but no more to catch up is gonna be a tight run home for the premiorship as we still have a bye to come and apparently we are getting to replay a washed out rnd so that ll make things interesting.

Kareem

(I don't know how they've been lately, but early in the season things weren't great).  I know people in the team who would use that description.....

Shouting to distract an opponent is USB if the referee decides to take the appropriate action - if there's no effect on play the ref might just warn the play, but it most certainly is cautionable.

that part...apart from the red card situation...pretty incident free.
Can't blame team for individuals...are mariners referee abusing thugs? :p

i never doubted that you could be cautioned- just doubt the red card...i was suprised.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

OJ said:
Well that was a waste of 10 minutes!! Nice post. 
I suggest you check out the thread you used to post on regularly The Referees post.

Nice reply - I suggest you check out, oh I don't know, pretty much any 'Round ## local thread'

Meh, you're boring now, not even an entertaining troll.

Kareem said:
(I don't know how they've been lately, but early in the season things weren't great).  I know people in the team who would use that description.....

that part...apart from the red card situation...pretty incident free.
Can't blame team for individuals...are mariners referee abusing thugs? :p

i never doubted that you could be cautioned- just doubt the red card...i was suprised.

As for the mariners - is that a trick question? :D j/k

Ah right, the player got sent off for shouting at an opponent.
My personal belief is that you can't, as shouting at an opponent isn't a free kick offence as such but a misconduct (the laws specify 'any offence punishable by a free kick' when talking about denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity (meaning either direct or indirect)- while the restart was an indirect free kick, I still don't think the laws allow for a send-off for a misconduct-only offence like this one.  This very topic has been argued at length on a referee's forum I go to, and while most shared the same view as myself there are a few who would disagree and say that you can send off in this instance.

Glad to hear the team has cleaned up their act - from what I heard they got torn a new one after those earlier efforts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred