• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 Local Thread

northernspirit

Killarney 14A's defeated Berkeley 5-0, i changed the formation around and gave them a big kick up the bum pre-game to get them fired up, 4-0 at half time... great result and should ensure finals football... onto Budgie next week.

AA6 tommorrow, need a win big time

mariners4ever

FFC Mariner said:
dodgy knee, bald?
hmm i think you may be right!!!

thanks for you opinion capn gus bloodbeard, with the kicking out of the hands, yes roughly at the same time but he had both hands on the ball, linesman in clear sight of the hands around the ball and yet the ball is still kicked out, and yes it could've ended up much much worse. Yes you may be tight in saying that all the sendings were deserved but if any other ref would've seen the ball being kicked out of the hands and wouldnt of seen any handball, therefore wouldnt of got this abuse, thanks.  :)

Kareem

16A's Wyoming vs Ourimbah
3-0 to Wyoming
hmmm...seems our 16s have been watching our 1st grade too much.
Pretty poor game- didnt challenge for ball.
Wyoming did- won most balls, and deservedly won the game

Ourimbah Left Winger was unbelievable. Easily MOM. IMHO best player today out of both teams.
Plays like that and he will be lining up as left winger for Ressies next year- far better wnger than me (probably coz he takes players on...i dont :p)- but seriously- great performance!

that said i was dissapointed by our CM ('Cesc'), he wasnt in the game- and to think he is preferred CM next year for Ressies- pretty passing + technique is only 1 dimension of a player.
Oh well cant help what the coach thinks...just sucks for our no. 33.

Ted

Killarney 35C defeated Tuggerah 2-1. Similar to my 13Bs we played the first half with 9 and went up to 10 players in the 2nd half. Awesome game and a great result.

Ted

Killarney AA6 lost to Terrigal2 3-0.

We started with 10 players and dropped to 9 by the end of the game.

Ted

northernspirit said:
wtf i thought we were playing at 2.45???

It was changed on Wednesday and I sent an email out saying we needed to be there early to put up the nets etc. I rang your mobile this morning but got no answer. I forgot to update my initial post though  :-\

J

jiggles

Gosford WAA5 1's had a great win today over Gosford 2's. Our girls played amazing, and it's awesome to see how far everyone has come! 1-0. Both sides had a ripper of a game! Each side had so many great shots that just didn't make it. Very good game to watch,

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

mariners4ever said:
FFC Mariner said:
dodgy knee, bald?
hmm i think you may be right!!!

thanks for you opinion capn gus bloodbeard, with the kicking out of the hands, yes roughly at the same time but he had both hands on the ball, linesman in clear sight of the hands around the ball and yet the ball is still kicked out, and yes it could've ended up much much worse. Yes you may be tight in saying that all the sendings were deserved but if any other ref would've seen the ball being kicked out of the hands and wouldnt of seen any handball, therefore wouldnt of got this abuse, thanks.  :)

That's a tricky situation - while you can't knock the ball out of the keeper's  hands, a lot of referees will allow it to occur if there's a sorta 'simultaneous' challenge, - ie both attacker and keeper go for the ball at the same time, keeper gets it in his hands and the attacker, having already committed to the challenge, knocks it out a moment later.  I think most refs will allow this to some extent - as to what point it becomes a foul is up to the ref.  The argument given is that there isn't time to tell if the keeper has control of the ball - after all, keeper's can often fumble a ball in those first few fractions of a second, even if it's in both of his hands.  I'm sure not everybody agrees with this interpretation, so it's just going to come down to what each ref has been taught is acceptable or not, there's no real clear guidance on this issue. 

kanewillow

entrance AA8 4-1 over the third place woy woy yours truly slotted a double and on the news that umina beat gosford we tale back 1st spot :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

Kareem

SEU 21s lost 6 or 7 nil to Berkley 1

what can i say about this game?

1) a complaint is being organised against ref...
2) Berkley shitted all over SEU...
3) best goal of match was an 18 yard screamer by SEU midfielder- into his own goal...
4) too many cards
5) Funniest red card ever. SEU striker chasing for ball...goes behind player (no contact) and yells boo. Absolute ROFL. Ref red carded him straight away.
Brought applause by crowd- and one Berkley player even high fived him.

that said SEU had a few good players- but doesnt help playing with 10 players (one who was seriously hungover), then going down to 9.

Chimmi

Wow - what a tiring game! Subs next time pls!! Went down 1-0 on our unlucky field 1.

there was loads and loads of running about and more than a few people earnt a cold drink afer the game.

Kareem

Ourimbah vs SEU
Big game for ressies.

really short on players now- we had
2 players play both grades full games.
Another player played full game, + 75 mins of 1st grade
Another played full game, + 70 mins of 1st grade

Ressies: Both teams missed golden oppurtunites (we had a crossbar).
I floundered badly. Didnt show up today. PLayed CM for 1st half with 3 touches of ball...just a really off day!
2nd half...I improved a bit...but still possibly my worst game of season. If we had enough subs I should have and would have been subbed off.
Coach came on and had a great turn in box only to amazingly shoot wide!
our RB on a forward run scored late in game with a low and slow left foot shot in off the post.

Great game- heaps of credit should be put to our team. 1 sub, me only there in body.

1st grade- 15 mins game
finished 2-1. No change in score. So worth it :p

1st grade- injuries, suspension and snow trips meant even I was asked to play (which is amazing since it was possibly my worst game of season 30 mins earlier). I think I stuffed my groin- but i was desperate to play, 1st grade oppurtunites definatelyt dont come along that often- not this season.

Resounding 4-1 win. Our departing Bosnian CF scored 2 (he had only scored 2 prior to that game)- pretty good final game. One of his best. I think possibly MOM.

Kareem

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I'm surprised SEU 21s are still allowed to play after some of the crap they've caused this season.......
kanewillow said:
what was wrong with the referee kareem
i personally know the ref and he is an awesome referee
I wasnt there the whole game...i'm just saying what I heard. But i will say person who is making complaint is a pretty respectable guy- something bad must have happened.
Personally I wouldnt have bothered- SEU were never going to win that game. They should be getting on to players that didnt bother showing up/ stop being hungover...but then again what 21s teams arent full of hungover players?

Kareem

Personally the times i have seen him ref. He is top class. Never seen him do anything baffling apart from red card decision...
As a player he is suprisingly dirty...shirt puller etc. But he is ex-Doylo :p
He also made a dodgy accusation last year against me which I found rude.

Kareem

FFC Mariner said:
Where did you stuff your groin?

Shouldnt do that before you play you know. Drains ur strength
lol
would you believe it originally read 'screwed' but i decided to rewrite- lol still sounds dirty :p

and lol- your comment would explain my off day :p
awesome call :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred