• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 16

David Votoupal

There's already a thread on Friday's game, but here's the other two games to be played in Round 16 with Adelaide United v Queensland Roar being postponed due to the CWC.

Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory:
Melbourne have had a week's break following to losses in a row, Newcastle a tad unlucky in losing their first game in Queensland (which was a very good game with both teams giving their all). Melbourne's record v the Jets, the 5-0 in Round 3 aside, isn't very good either- so this could be an interesting game.

Sydney FC v Perth Glory:
Sydney would be feeling deflated after their loss on Saturday night, Perth ecstatic after picking up their first away point (in the longest trip of all). Knowing Sydney, Perth actually have a good chance in this one.

Rowdy

Well Jobe Wheels'on'my'House got his 5th Yellow then got a Red, so does that make it 2 weeks for him?

He's been one of their top 5 players, (cough) if you can attribute the word 'top' to a bottom of the table team

dru

Rowdy said:
Well Jobe Wheels'on'my'House got his 5th Yellow then got a Red, so does that make it 2 weeks for him?

He's been one of their top 5 players, (cough) if you can attribute the word 'top' to a bottom of the table team

I believe the red replaces the yellows so he has the automatic 1 week ban and is still on 4 yellows in regards to 5 yellows and receive a week ban come his next game

David Votoupal

Rowdy said:

That's a surprise considering he tends to cop it on their forum. Tarek Elrich has been their best this season IMHO.

Rowdy

well i did say 1 of 5, more in the 4/5's considering the rest of them..........shite

typical scum, "scores a goal for us, were bottom of the table, but he's still fcuked"

Deej

dru said:
Rowdy said:

I believe the red replaces the yellows so he has the automatic 1 week ban and is still on 4 yellows in regards to 5 yellows and receive a week ban come his next game

This is correct - Mile was in the same situation for us last year

brett

Rowdy said:
well i did say 1 of 5, more in the 4/5's considering the rest of them..........shite

typical scum, "scores a goal for us, were bottom of the table, but he's still fcuked"

You see it pretty commonly at most clubs' forums. The fans blame the guy who is getting selected and is doing a certain job that might not be pretty and might not blow your mind, and have nothing but hope and praise for the guy who can't break into the team (ie Patafta).

David Votoupal

brett said:
You see it pretty commonly at most clubs' forums. The fans blame the guy who is getting selected and is doing a certain job that might not be pretty and might not blow your mind, and have nothing but hope and praise for the guy who can't break into the team (ie Patafta).

They're not the only ones, Melbourne fans did it last season. He even got the loudest cheer when he scored v Welly in Round 20.

brett

I think Melbourne and Sydney will both get the wins.

Melbourne has stuttered after looking like running away with the comp, but if they are going to be up and down, this is the sort of game they'll be up for (just like Sydney was in Newcastle last week). Knowing the Jets they'll lose then come back fired up against us on Boxing day.

Sydney will be inconsistent for the rest of the season but they are difficult to beat at SFS, even with (or maybe because of?) the poor style of footy they play there. I could see them winning this then losing a few more.

David Votoupal

brett said:
I think Melbourne and Sydney will both get the wins.

Melbourne has stuttered after looking like running away with the comp, but if they are going to be up and down, this is the sort of game they'll be up for (just like Sydney was in Newcastle last week). Knowing the Jets they'll lose then come back fired up against us on Boxing day.

The Jets' record against Melbourne has been pretty good, especially at home. They should've beaten them last season when they were 2-0 up, only for Caceres to come on and inspire a Melbourne comeback! Newcastle may have let Sydney get away with being dire, but they're not likely to do it against Melbourne, especially after their encouraging showing in Queensland.

Sydney will be inconsistent for the rest of the season but they are difficult to beat at SFS, even with (or maybe because of?) the poor style of footy they play there. I could see them winning this then losing a few more.

Wellington have shown that it's possible to beat them there, and we all know that Sydney can easily be dragged down to that level by Wellington and Perth. I don't know if it's a psychological thing or whatnot.

There's some things about this league that you just know will happen :tv:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred