• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 13 v City

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, I’ve restocked my levels of hopeful, increased my intake of fingers crossed and diluted my supply of Mulvey hatred...so here’s to a resounding ...DRAW

JoyfulPenguin

Would love to see Glassock given a shot, he has parternered Aspro in the NYL maybe that will help give them some chemistry together? If Mulvey really doesn't think Golec is HAL standard at the moment then what is the harm?

Insertnamehere

Would love to see Glassock given a shot, he has parternered Aspro in the NYL maybe that will help give them some chemistry together? If Mulvey really doesn't think Golec is HAL standard at the moment then what is the harm?
How's his NYL form? And is aspro experienced enough to guide him?

Ads

Mcging Aspro O’Neill Clisby
Miller Melling Tom Oar
Simon Pain

* Wonder if O’Neill would consider branding himself as a flexible defender, if he wants Socceroos he could be the next Milligan, Degenek replacement and make a statement where there is less competition for spots. He stands tall and could make a strong central defender.

* Making Miller a more dedicated wide midfielder would save his legs for a more consistent attacking role especially moving into the second half where we loose momentum.

* With our loss of momentum after 20/30 minutes I would go back to simple and use 4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2.
As the players get tired it is easier to create 2 strong lines across the pitch and slide from side to side, the simple structure will give players more confidence and sell it to the players as 3 brick wall lines that the opposition will not pass.

* As with Miller, use Pain more floating to the left as a forward to save his legs for when it counts on forward runs on through balls. With Oar back and Millar crossing, storinger, faster and more enthusiastic runs from our forwards will help meet the crosses.

* And with Pain more closer to Simon, get them to split the backs like under 12’s so goalkeeper has to clear, makes it a 60/40 chance of us gaining possession rather than 0.5% and us running round like headless chooks wasting energy!!

Just my thoughts.

Mcglinchy on for Tom - 60/70min
Murray on for Simon/Oar - 70/80min
Rowles back up Fullback

Insertnamehere

Miller Melling Tom Oar
Simon Pain

* Wonder if O’Neill would consider branding himself as a flexible defender, if he wants Socceroos he could be the next Milligan, Degenek replacement and make a statement where there is less competition for spots. He stands tall and could make a strong central defender.

* Making Miller a more dedicated wide midfielder would save his legs for a more consistent attacking role especially moving into the second half where we loose momentum.

* With our loss of momentum after 20/30 minutes I would go back to simple and use 4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2.
As the players get tired it is easier to create 2 strong lines across the pitch and slide from side to side, the simple structure will give players more confidence and sell it to the players as 3 brick wall lines that the opposition will not pass.

* As with Miller, use Pain more floating to the left as a forward to save his legs for when it counts on forward runs on through balls. With Oar back and Millar crossing, storinger, faster and more enthusiastic runs from our forwards will help meet the crosses.

* And with Pain more closer to Simon, get them to split the backs like under 12’s so goalkeeper has to clear, makes it a 60/40 chance of us gaining possession rather than 0.5% and us running round like headless chooks wasting energy!!

Just my thoughts.

Rowles back up Fullback
I'd rather shamwow on for Melling. Less grunt but more go forward and he hasn't made any mistakes compared to the howlers melling does.

Wombat

Miller Melling Tom Oar
Simon Pain

Just my thoughts.

Rowles back up Fullback

O'Neill a CB? I don't think so.

Ads

O'Neill a CB? I don't think so.
Milligan isn’t the greatest player, but a lot of his career was a defender then transferred to a defensive midfield.
The Mariners often get caught with the ball and bad decision making, if O’Neill could use his quick moving ball skills to quickly spread the ball from centre back would be very useful.
And a drastic change people would take notice if we won and he was in that position would certainly at least put him on the radar for future Socceroos.

Big Al

Aiden is to often caught chopping blokes like Melling. Would not be a good defender. His timing on tackles sometimes is not very good.

He needs to stay where he is and break up play there and finally be used consistently with Tom. They’ve played like 1 game together. It wasn’t great but they need to learn to work together and we will be better off for it.

Last edited:

Big Al

13 games in and have we used the same backline two weeks in a row yet? Definitely not 3 if we have

marinermick

Does anyone else find it unusual that the boys start training today at 11am, the day before a game, in this heat?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred