• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 13 v City

marinermick

Interesting dilemma for backline and Rowles being suspended.

Does Cisse come back in the fold? Is Golec fit enough? If no for both what does Mulvey do? Will Oar and Hiariej be fit enough to play two games in five days, and then three in nine?

Lots of questions for this one.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Good point in the back line.. Forgot to mention that's my other concern. Cisse is more reliable than Golec but too slow - and he should be on a club suspension IMO (pity we haven't heard anything from the club about dealing with Cisse).

turbo

If no for both what does Mulvey do?

I don't think no for both is an option short of bringing a youth player up. That might not be the worst idea if it brings some pace in but then again it's even more upheaval. If we stick with a back 3 we might see Clisby start and Golec/Cisse to the bench or Golec/Cisse straight in and Clisby still on the bench. Of the two Golec would seem more likely given he hasn't seen a red or mouthed off at the staff in public but it could go either way.

Can't get to this one but a decent result here would be huge leading in to our Brisbane game. Big chance to play catch up and even dig our way out of 10th if we're optimistic and continue to build off the things we've done well lately. City haven't been scoring a lot of goals so a low scoring win or draw could be on the cards.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If we win I reckon we can do a double and beat Roar. That STILL leaves us in last, but only 1 win from 8th depending on other results. 2 wins now gives us something to fight for.

Ancient Mariner

Does Cisse come back in the fold? Is Golec fit enough? If no for both what does Mulvey do? Will Oar and Hiariej be fit enough to play two games in five days, and then three in nine?

After listening to his press conference I think he will start with both Tom's with a view to early replacements.

A bit of a gamble depending on red cards and injuries, but we must get some match fitness into them.

I would also like to see Murray get a start and Nisbet get some time.

Pirate Pete

He’s fit, and has been for the last 2 matches he’s been left out of... both of which have ended up with a CB being sent off, and no CB on the bench.

Yeah, really he should be on the bench. After all MM didn't seem concerned to play him out of position the other week.
He could have been ideal cover for defence or midfield (if necessary).

turbo

The fact we're even debating which of our two experienced uninjured CBs should rejoin the first team really sums up our defensive woes this season.

Big Al

Cisse for me.
He was going pretty well against SFC till he had enough of playing and Monty shouldn’t have said anything at that time. Should have been addressed in the sheds instead of on fox microphones. An apology and we move on.

Golec is playing in pain apparently and hasn’t been any good this year unfortunately. That said being left footed he would be the ideal replacement if in form.

Golec on the bench more me but considering Mulvey has made the same dumb mistake twice i don’t see an CB getting a bench spot

Tevor

I will miss the next two games and looking to tune in and watch the games on BeIn Sports as I hear they show all the HAL games in Thailand. Will have to find a sports bar to watch the Asian Cup games as well. Let's see if the boys can win the two games whilst I'm out of the country, I'd happy for that to happen I'm so desperate for them to win.

greenlig

I will miss the next two games and looking to tune in and watch the games on BeIn Sports as I hear they show all the HAL games in Thailand. Will have to find a sports bar to watch the Asian Cup games as well. Let's see if the boys can win the two games whilst I'm out of the country, I'd happy for that to happen I'm so desperate for them to win.
Yeah but if they do win, we can't really let you back in :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred