• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 mariners v scum

Tevor

Nice to want to actually watch the replay, on many occasions I’ve just deleted it because it was not worth watching. Enthusiasm won us the game and hopefully build some confidence in the team. Quick turnaround and a more formidable opponent however probably a blessing the bulls haven’t really gelled yet and the Wanderers could have easily won that game. They do have some class on the paddock though and on the replay we had too many defensive lapses that we didn’t get punished for. So interesting to see the starting line up on Sunday as plenty of players gave their all. I was openly a Stens detractor and that was by far his best game for us, hope to see more of it. Clisby actually had a good game and the hardest job in keeping Yuel at bay. Overall pleasing result and we to still have more improvement and great to see the younger less experienced players standing up and finding their place in the team.

BaysideMariner

Impresse
Nice to want to actually watch the replay, on many occasions I’ve just deleted it because it was not worth watching. Enthusiasm won us the game and hopefully build some confidence in the team. Quick turnaround and a more formidable opponent however probably a blessing the bulls haven’t really gelled yet and the Wanderers could have easily won that game. They do have some class on the paddock though and on the replay we had too many defensive lapses that we didn’t get punished for. So interesting to see the starting line up on Sunday as plenty of players gave their all. I was openly a Stens detractor and that was by far his best game for us, hope to see more of it. Clisby actually had a good game and the hardest job in keeping Yuel at bay. Overall pleasing result and we to still have more improvement and great to see the younger less experienced players standing up and finding their place in the team.
Completly agree about Stens and Clisby.
I watched it again today and thought that Nigro also had a decent game.
For me MOM was Nisbet followed by Birrigihtti.
Also thought Smylie added some value off the bench.
Casella showed me what a winger should do.

true believer

my two cents worth for mom

3 on a good night birria's performance in the game was top shelf . two saves that may win 1 and 2 in saves of the year
2: nizzy .we dominated the midfield .but nizzy made so many opportunities it sapped the legs of the scum .
if he can develop a shot . he could go another level .
1: alou kuol's performance was outstanding . i feared he seriously hurt himself when he fell . but he's one tough bastard.
he pulled multiple fouls and generally scared the shit out of the scum .his never say die attitude spoke of mariners teams
from years gone by . this allowed birria to defend a win and not a point .

honorable mention olli leadership , leadership , leadership
Cassella live wire performance . early days
my boy stens : ridiculed by many. owned the midfield .the beast of the bay

Last edited:

Holy

my two cents worth for mom

3 on a good night birria's performance in the game was top shelf . two saves that may win 1 and 2 in saves of the year
2: nizzy .we dominated the midfield .but nizzy made so many opportunities it sapped the legs of the scum .
if he can develop a shot . he could go another level .
1: alou kuol's performance was outstanding . i feared he seriously hurt himself when he fell . but he's one tough bastard.
he pulled multiple fouls and generally scared the shit out of the scum .his never say die attitude spoke of mariners teams
from years gone by . this allowed birria to defend a win and not a point .

honorable mention olli leadership , leadership , leadership
Cassella live wire performance . early days
my boy stens : ridiculed by many. owned the midfield .the beast of the bay
This for me.

and to add to your boy stens, the couple of drives he made foward instead of passing for passing sake were good as well, let’s hope he continues on last night’s performance as he will develop into a very important cog in our wheel.

onto it

This for me.

and to add to your boy stens, the couple of drives he made foward instead of passing for passing sake were good as well, let’s hope he continues on last night’s performance as he will develop into a very important cog in our wheel.
For me, there are some at his age that have more or less reached the limit of their development, others have the drive and nous to go further. I think Stens, Kuol and Nizzy are, amongst others in our team, the kind that will improve a lot this year and bring much joy.
Kuol, unlike those taking his spot last year, made the goal his. It was no "I'll wait in the box for a tap in, then feign heartache when I miss a gift". It took quick thinking and sheer determination. More like "It's not easy but this is mine, get out of the way". This is the kind of striker we want.
I think it will be a fun year.

greenlig

For me, there are some at his age that have more or less reached the limit of their development, others have the drive and nous to go further. I think Stens, Kuol and Nizzy are, amongst others in our team, the kind that will improve a lot this year and bring much joy.
Kuol, unlike those taking his spot last year, made the goal his. It was no "I'll wait in the box for a tap in, then feign heartache when I miss a gift". It took quick thinking and sheer determination. More like "It's not easy but this is mine, get out of the way". This is the kind of striker we want.
He plays what’s in front of him, doesn’t get trapped in his own head ala Muzz

true believer

nailed it

Michael

The most impressive part was the way that young team controlled the last portion of the game to see out the 3 points. There’s a new steel about this squad I reckon.
I was very frustrated at times because there wasn’t any real built attacks and the jets did attack well and that’s why Birra gets the 3 points, those saves destroyed the scums morale. Nigro had some suss moments but I expect him to prove a good signing and we won’t miss Ziggy because of him. Our entire midfield were brilliant. And I reckon those of us that are DRD fans will soon forget about him because I believe Casella will be a hot prospect, he should excellent vision and his killer ball passing will keep improving.
but I will never be upset about that kind of win because it still seemed semi comfortable. And that makes me so excited for Urena to come in coupled with jankovic and janota’s playmaking.
Sunday will be very tough. The bulls have an amazing squad.

true believer

Air kuol

alou-kuol-of-the-mariners-celebrates-scoring-a-goal-during-the-match-picture-id1293857589

Avoca

The housos?

The Macarthur Meth Gang?
I’d say the name “Macarthur” is more than embarrassing. John Macarthur was an alcoholic, Second Fleet bludger, given free land, then arrested by Governor King, and sent back to England to stand trial. Loose cannon!

He was a typical “Karen” (an agitator), or, a “Macarthur” for his time.

However, the flip-side is Johnny was an Aussie hero, father of the wool industry & a pot-stirrer of the government. Depends on who you ask.

true believer

I’d say the name “Macarthur” is more than embarrassing. John Macarthur was an alcoholic, Second Fleet bludger, given free land, then arrested by Governor King, and sent back to England to stand trial. Loose cannon!

He was a typical “Karen” (an agitator), or, a “Macarthur” for his time.

However, the flip-side is Johnny was an Aussie hero, father of the wool industry & a pot-stirrer of the government. Depends on who you ask.
thats why campbelltown meth/housos is more appropriate

Last edited:

Corsair

Team showed Grit very good to see. I also thought they looked well organised.

Contrary to others, i think Clisby is going to be eaten alive when we play a better team. Same old problem, good going forward not so good in defense.

We've got some depth now in the squad, even if not the highest quality they're young players who can play a high energy hassling game.

I think we're lucky to have Staj and even luckier to have held onto Birra, so crucial.

Forum Phoenix

part 2

clisby tagged yuel all night . lots of clisby love here
nigro ziggy who ?
tongyik a few mistakes but looks a real CB
dds came on ran the scum ragged
Jordan Smylie nice cameo came on looked threating

on to sunday
Loved your other post. Been with you with Stens all the way. But watching up close as Clisby got turned into a traffic cone three times in five minutes in the second half was the lowest point of the game for me. He did do some other good work I grant you, (though he's got to stop over hitting corners) but a lot of their attack came down his side. More successfully than Nigro's. So it's till a major worry imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami