• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 mariners v scum

Ancient Mariner

It was wild how obvious it was. Only reason nothing happened is because Stensness is a tough nut. Roy should be gone for weeks.

Slow-mo for dramatic effect

I was surprised Stens even felt it.
Correct reaction is laughter with "Is that the best you've got?"

I suspect it was just a niggle to get a reaction. If you are going to risk a red really you should make it worthwhile.
All that shows is that he is a weak, stupid, grub.

Pirate Pete

So, what's the story with Oli's challenge on Hoffman?
Will the FA or whoever is in charge today take a look at it?

Pirate Pete

Mariners have won their last two A-League games and are unbeaten in their last four.

That was only the second team we have beaten in 2020. Beat Victory twice in 2020 but no other team.
Yeah, last home win was last January.
Courtesy of the two injury time penalties.

scoober

For me the biggest lowlight for the night was the flat stale beer.

Wild Yak from the bottle on entry.....flat as f#*k
Full strength from tap...... flat as f#*k

Moved on to CC from a can with some success.

turbo

Don’t see how they could. VAR would have checked if it was a straight red and recommended a review if there was enough there. Probably a yellow but players from lots of sides get away with yellow worthy challenges in the first 20 or so every week.

turbo

Casella making oars output for us look..... schoolboy
Ive asked a few times what Oar provided that a young attacker like Wales, Casella or some of our youth players offered. Maybe he’ll come good with a good team around him but I can also see him stuck on the bench with others outperforming him, possibly for a fraction of the cost. Rose has been winning fans with his efforts.

style_cafe

Looking at it on the replay Oli had his head turned away moments before contact was made so there certainly wasn`t any intention or malice in the tackle,he simply went for the ball.
A little reckless maybe in slow motion but in real time it looked innocent enough.
The fact that Hoffman carried an injury into the game and you couldn`t tell if the injury was actually to his right or left leg when the trainer came on didnt help his cause...:popcorn:

Ancient Mariner

Ive asked a few times what Oar provided that a young attacker like Wales, Casella or some of our youth players offered. Maybe he’ll come good with a good team around him but I can also see him stuck on the bench with others outperforming him, possibly for a fraction of the cost. Rose has been winning fans with his efforts.
Oar has been injury prone for a long time. We cannot afford to carry these sort of players.

turbo

Oar has been injury prone for a long time. We cannot afford to carry these sort of players.
His injuries weren’t even my main concern. I’d consider risking an injury prone Duric (with proper advice of course) because when good was worth it. Even at his best what did Oar offer? Even without injury we’re probably paying 100-150k too much for the same end result a ‘lesser’ player could provide. He was unfortunately not good value at all.

LFCMariners

The game:

It's difficult to fully gauge the CCM performance against a Jest team who often looked disjointed (as you might expect). The Jest could have scored a goal or two with Allison Birra's fantastic keeping making the difference. Awesome to have a keeper I can put my faith in again! Yet by the same token, CCM were unlucky not to have at least another 2 goals and it's nice to see more scoring opportunities being created after the last few seasons dire performances down our end of the pitch. But most pleasing was the attitude of the boys overall- at first glance Cuol's goal looked somewhat of a fluke but watching the replay it was all determination from him and it was the difference in the end. Also great to see was how there was no lag from the team once the second half began- they bullied the Jest right off the whistle and didn't let up until the end, even with the brief Jest resurgence in the last 10 minutes. Again, hard to fully gauge how well they could've done this against the other NSW teams but as we know there's been recent seasons where they likely would've faded and let 3 points slip through their fingers. It's a promising sign with the new recruits still due to play.

The crowd:

Not much noise to start with, not sure if people were hesitant, even pessimistic about what to expect in light of recent seasons/ NYE matches? But as the game drew on you could feel the confidence growing and the crowd warming to the action on-field and finding their voice (or maybe it was Dutch courage?) The second half especially there was a great atmosphere, quite a few times the Mariners chant went up and despite there being less than 6k in attendance there was a real positive energy, more positive than I've felt at a CCM home game in a long time. Granted it's only round 1 but hopefully the team shows the same determination as they did last night in the coming months and give people a reason to come in growing numbers and find their voice like they did last night.

Great to finally get a win again on NYE- against the old foes- and finish 2020 with fireworks. ? ??:pirashoot:⚽??1?0?#1?

Last edited:

pjennings

The crowd:

Not much noise to start with, not sure if people were hesitant, even pessimistic about what to expect in light of recent seasons/ NYE matches? But as the game drew on you could feel the confidence growing and the crowd warming to the action on-field and finding their voice (or maybe it was Dutch courage?) The second half especially there was a great atmosphere, quite a few times the Mariners chant went up and despite there being less than 6k in attendance there was a real positive energy, more positive than I've felt at a CCM home game in a long time. Granted it's only round 1 but hopefully the team shows the same determination as they did last night in the coming months and give people a reason to come in growing numbers and find their voice like they did last night.

Great to finally get a win again on NYE- against the old foes- and finish 2020 with fireworks.
I had a chuckle to myself as one on the Scum's substitutes (can't remember who) was stranded on the sideline for a while. As the chant went up his warming up jig on the sideline changed to match the chant. :D

Forum Phoenix

His injuries weren’t even my main concern. I’d consider risking an injury prone Duric (with proper advice of course) because when good was worth it. Even at his best what did Oar offer? Even without injury we’re probably paying 100-150k too much for the same end result a ‘lesser’ player could provide. He was unfortunately not good value at all.
So true.

onto it

I was surprised Stens even felt it.
Correct reaction is laughter with "Is that the best you've got?"

I suspect it was just a niggle to get a reaction. If you are going to risk a red really you should make it worthwhile.
All that shows is that he is a weak, stupid, grub.
Just a niggle. If it was anything more there would have been a balancing of the ledger.
If required, Stens had plenty of time for retribution, which he always deals out, cleverly, with interest.
He's the boss back there and the partnership with Nizzy is going to be great to see this year.

style_cafe

Just a niggle. If it was anything more there would have been a balancing of the ledger.
If required, Stens had plenty of time for retribution, which he always deals out, cleverly, with interest.
He's the boss back there and the partnership with Nizzy is going to be great to see this year.
Stens was sensational last night,he just bossed the midfield.
He sure has beefed up in the off season and also looked taller too...:popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami