• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 Away @ WSW

Forum Phoenix

Best performance by us for ages and thats 3 points dropped, we had that game as WSW were dreadful except that they have a striker and we dont.
Dukey plays for us and we win by a few.
Their 1st was defendable and hopefully something they work on - Dukey got between 2 of them FFS
Our full backs were both poor and we need to sort that out
We simply dont have an AL quality striker. Its been said to death but if the club think Blackwood is the answer they are kidding themselves
Geogevski gets the red card he deserved and the game changes. Ref was more concerned with getting Staj to sit down that the truly awful challenge. Peak A League
I thought Oar was immense. Brilliant performance.
Glad we werent embarrassed, angry we let 3 points slip.

Nailed it.

Interested in people’s thoughts on Ziggy.
He was better last 20, and on balance he’s solid defensively but he offers very little going forward and even defensively to me he looks very slow for a modern fullback, so I always feel on edge that players will get in behind and or be able to get a good cross in. But he definitely makes us more solid than Roux or McGing. Millar was massively better going forward but Ziggys general defence is better.

Clisby looked a lot less certain than against AU. Been a Jekyll and Hyde player for us so far. Maybe today going back to play in front of a big Wanderers crowd unnerves him still. But the above said, as a team Staj has them defensively really well organised. I suspect Birra and ziggy are really helping with that.

Though I will always be in the stick a bloody man on the post camp.

Had the same depressing thought about Dukey. We really are in trouble up front. Most other sides have a striker that would have won that game today.

Staj was asked in the post match presser whether Muzz would keep his spot with Matty coming back. He said just like every other week it’s about who trains best this week will get the spot... whether it’s Murray or Majok...

Man he was so pissed off in that presser I was even uncomfortable watching it. He wants to win so badly and I love it. Hates those shit calls we’re getting but refuses to focus on them.

MrCelery

Wow they literally contradict each other word for word... What a terrible set of laws

You may need to re-read. Where is the contradiction?

The first clause is about the player touching the ball. The second clause is about the ball touching the player.

My reading of the handball decision is that the player was judged to have moved his hand to touch the ball, which I think is a crock of shit. At that speed and distance there is no way that it was intentional, so should have been judged 'ball hits hand'.

I like our style of play and thought we were the better side except where it counted - the pointy end. Nice goal to Milan though.

Sadly, all the huffing and puffing on three-quarters of the pitch will still see us fighting relegation unless we can find players that are reliable scorers.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Now , don’t get me wrong , I love Muzz BUT like Kossie intimated yesterday , his decision making was/is a bit off ( chesting the ball down instead of heading it) ...has this happened cause he hasn’t been starting much ? ...I mean , you watch his APIA video and his banging in shots on automatic pilot....is it just because of minimal minutes or did Mulvey f**k his head up last season...either way, get over it sport cause tommy and Sammy want to #FEEDTHEMUZ

Elite

Man he was so pissed off in that presser I was even uncomfortable watching it. He wants to win so badly and I love it. Hates those shit calls we’re getting but refu
100% agree. I appreciated the raw emotion in the presser. A loss should hurt and it did. You can tell he wants this club to succeed and he wants to lead it brighter pastures.

turbo

Does anyone know what happened to this thing?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-if-they-appeal-to-referee-for-video-referral

I thought half the WSW should've been on a yellow after that pen but maybe it was canned?

If they didn’t give yellows for some tackles they would never give it for that. The rule is there but rarely enforced like foul throws or that other one a few years old about getting in the way of a quick free kick. A couple of seasons ago I remember the ref making a big deal of it and everyone even at Sunday league level got a chat about it round 1, do it and get a yellow. A year or two on its forgotten about.

Michael

I thought Ziggy was very good, yeah the way we set up we need the full backs contributing a lot going forward and he didn’t really until the last 10 and he did well in those moments.
But c’mon boys, he literally only gave away the ball once. Made a couple excellent crunching all ball tackles and more importantly kept the ball instead of a hopeful chip in behind. He was professional. And wasn’t caught out defensively. The one time he was caught slightly up field was when he forced a tough pass and he got back fine.
I know that’s the kind of full back I’d prefer.
He’ll have more input going forward in future matches.

Michael

And how much better of a player is duke after his time in Japan? Out of sight technical improvement. I’d froth at the mouth if he came back here, obviously understand his reasons for going there though.
Huge respect for not celebrating, well within his rights too. Our fearless skipper Matty celebrated against us....

Pirate Pete

I hate it when they don't show a proper replay of incidents like that, but I think it hit the leg.
Yes I think it came off his knee. Linesman indicated that when Oar (I think) questioned it .
It was right in front of us and from memory there weren't howls of protests from the fans.
I certainly didn't see a handball.

We deserved something out of that. Hoping for more luck in the next few games.
Yes we need a striker badly. I'm not convinced Simon would have scored any of those chances Muzz missed.
I did say at the time of those Muzz chances that Berisha would have buried them.
But he wouldn't have wanted to come to us anyhow.

After speaking to a steward at the ground, I would suggest next year that no one buys tickets in the Active Bay. Were they $40 or something?
Just buy general admission tickets a couple of bays along and then sit where you want.
Maybe stand by the wailing banshee behind us. Not a peep out of her until the penalty.
They wouldn't shut up for the rest of the game.

Last edited:

marinermick

After speaking to a steward at the ground, I would suggest next year that no one buys tickets in the Active Bay. Were they $40 or something?
Just buy general admission tickets a couple of bays along and then sit where you want.
Maybe stand by the wailing banshee behind us. Not a peep out of her until the penalty.
They wouldn't shut up for the rest of the game.

I think I was the only one moved out of my seat in the active section for not being in the right spot. I was the only aone asked for my ticket and when I showed her I was moved two rows down, in the active section.

Wombat

I think I was the only one moved out of my seat in the active section for not being in the right spot. I was the only aone asked for my ticket and when I showed her I was moved two rows down, in the active section.

You obviously look like trouble Mick.

Wombat

I thought Ziggy was very good, yeah the way we set up we need the full backs contributing a lot going forward and he didn’t really until the last 10 and he did well in those moments.
But c’mon boys, he literally only gave away the ball once. Made a couple excellent crunching all ball tackles and more importantly kept the ball instead of a hopeful chip in behind. He was professional. And wasn’t caught out defensively. The one time he was caught slightly up field was when he forced a tough pass and he got back fine.
I know that’s the kind of full back I’d prefer.
He’ll have more input going forward in future matches.

I was very happy with Ziggy. He is a real defender.

Pirate Pete

I walked into the ground with Style Cafe and his Dad.
Style was stopped so they could check him out with the metal detector.
I was the only one with a bag. I walked straight past the lady checking bags.

marinermick

I walked in with Gibbo and he shouted “we have flares”. Needless to say I was patted down and had the metal detector run over me.

style_cafe

After we`d been given the wrong directions by one of the Stadium entry staff,which resulted in us having to walk right around the back of the stadium to get to gate H, the guy with the metal detector said I have to check one of you.
Pete (with back pack on) and dad just kept walking and I the detector action,which failed to pick up my car keys and change in my pockets...:popcorn:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred