• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 Away @ WSW

Timmah

My understanding was that the VAR was brought in to overturn an obvious error.

If it's not obvious on the first 1 or 2 viewings, then it's not an obvious error and you play on.

For *that* reason, that call was a bad one. Whether it was technically handball or not.

In summary - VAR needs to get out of the A-League or adopt the model used in Europe.

Elite

That one hurts. Absolutely brutal. Deserved a point minimum.

Glaringly obvious we need a finisher.

Last edited:

Charlie1

Murray is not up to a league standard should have finished the one on one and then should of headed the ball. I understand we don’t have much strike power but he is not the answer. We had our chances. Played well

turbo

In summary - VAR needs to get out of the A-League or adopt the model used in Europe.
My understanding is that kind of rubbish handball is whats happening everywhere now. Bullshit way to lose but probably the best kind of loss we could have if it had to happen. It’ll fire the boys up and the commentators were giving us a bit of respect for the performance.

nero

Well played Mariners. They were better than WSW.
Murray should not be up front again. He missed enough chances to put the game out of reach. Simon had his best game off the field.
Striker Crisis.

Last edited:

Blackadder

My understanding was that the VAR was brought in to overturn an obvious error.

If it's not obvious on the first 1 or 2 viewings, then it's not an obvious error and you play on.

For *that* reason, that call was a bad one. Whether it was technically handball or not.

The obvious error was that the Ref didn't point to the spot straight away, as it was against the Mariners.

Forum Phoenix

Staj is 100 percent right. No good having a victim mentality. But f**k it’s hard not to feel like a victim when you’re a mariners fan.

Fadetoblack944

f**k me this is reminiscent of last season. Like what is the point of majok he is useless better off subbing on melling who is going to actually challenge for something. I just hope the referees are consistent when applying the hand ball rule

Bsharp48

When the game is played on for 3 minutes after the handball, whilst waiting for VAR decision, surely the time needs to be added back in injury time....? 4 mins... not enough!

Blackadder

When the game is played on for 3 minutes after the handball, whilst waiting for VAR decision, surely the time needs to be added back in injury time....? 4 mins... not enough!
Just be thankful the Mariners didn't score in that period. The goal would be taken away.

BaysideMariner

I will preface by saying the Mariners have allowed me to have a low expectation.
I thought the MOM was the referee.
For me
- The structures of the team were great. (Massive improvement on last year)
- The hand ball call was right (as long as we continue on the same decisions all season)
- Stensness, GG, Duric, DDS, Oar looked good.
- I am a Murray fan but please give him more game time. Simon would gave not done any better.
- I will say that with a visa striker we would look far better.

All in I am not happy to lose but I enjoyed seeing the team improve over last year. I believe we have the right coach.

turbo

I think some are being a bit harsh on Murray. I absolutely think we need a clear starting quality 9 but of the options we have he’s still the best. A bunch of those chances don’t happen if he doesn’t get on the end of balls that Matty simply wouldn’t and I’m not convinced he would have finished them any better either.

He should have scored, maybe even 2 but far more experienced strikers miss them too. Dropping him back behind Matty would be a mistake.

jaypee11

Guys ask yourself if that occurred in the middle of the park (handball that is) would it have been a free kick - 99/100 that’s a penalty under the new rules

I have an issue with the yellow for Georgevski and the non card after half time for that other tackle

that said we neeeeeeed a striker- we will win a lot of games if we have a decent striker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred