• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Russia

Big Al

Trosi, the cro Karacic, ruka and Brillante
Missed out.

Arzani Cahilltex and Maclaren all survive. Arzani only was in last camp and Maclaren last few days.

Offsider

To hard to say .
Risdon was my man of the match .
I would be playing loungo and mooy in the midfield and rogic on the bench
Nabo is the 9

I don't no why kruse is in the team

Miligan is no cb
Loved a bit of long ball when the czechs were pressing.
I don"t like brillante he"s a defencive liablity.
Petratos is the best free kick taker in the team and is in on that.
In bert we trust

Have to make some room in the team first.
Kruse has had his chances and needs to move over for somebody to have a go.
Milligan I can live without and good to see he is no longer capt material.
Any thoughts on the team for the opener against France
Any thoughts on the team for the opener against France

Oui ........ la chat est sur la table ......... merci :tophat:

pjennings

Have to make some room in the team first.
Kruse has had his chances and needs to move over for somebody to have a go.
Milligan I can live without and good to see he is no longer capt material.

Oui ........ la chat est sur la table ......... merci :tophat:

That's about the limit of my French :unsure:

pjennings

I think we need more creativity than Mooy offers, not only offensively - but to give France something to think about defensively. Mile has to be there to challenge Pogba. So it could come down to a choice between Mooy and Luongo

--------------------------------------Ryan----------------------------------------
Risdon-------------Sainsbury-----------------Jurman--------------Behich
------------------------Jedinak---------------------Luongo------------------------
Leckie-----------------------------Rogic--------------------------------Nabbout
--------------------------------------Juric ---------------------------------------

I like the idea of Nabbout and Leckie as the wide men as they have the engine and speed to support Juric in a press, will get back quickly to give us two banks of four defensively and will track back and help Behich and Risdon.

Offsider

I think we will be alot more defensive than we were on Friday

Lets see what we throw up against Hungry

At least there is the expectation now of how we will play ........... instead of the dreaded same ol’ same ol’.
We had more attacking players in the box each time there was an attack on than poste’s whole term in charge.

Big Al

At least there is the expectation now of how we will play ........... instead of the dreaded same ol’ same ol’.
We had more attacking players in the box each time there was an attack on than poste’s whole term in charge.
Bit like watching Jets and Mariners.

true believer

France

Ryan
Risdon sains jurman behich
Jedi
Leckie loungo mooy kruse (id rather irvine)
Naboo

In the czech game they formed up like this . The hungury game will be interesting

Offsider

France

Ryan
Risdon sains jurman behich
Jedi
Leckie loungo mooy kruse (id rather irvine)
Naboo

In the czech game they formed up like this . The hungury game will be interesting

Bonjour mon ami’s :popcorn: ............. I think jedinak will be too slow and he will be chasing shadows of the french.

pjennings

Bonjour mon ami’s :popcorn: ............. I think jedinak will be too slow and he will be chasing shadows of the french.

In the first 30 minutes the Czechs went through the middle because of a lack of pace of Mooy and Milligan behind him. I think by replacing Milligan with Jurman you increase the speed. Mooy and Jedinak are similar speed. Mooy was poor in the first 30 minutes when the Czechs were playing and Jedi needs to be there to combat Pogba physically.

The question then comes do you pick Mooy or Rogic. My preference is Rogic but I can live with Mooy in the more advanced role.

That way if we need to change up late then you have Timmy, Tom and Arzani that can add something different in the last 20-30 mins.

Offsider

In the first 30 minutes the Czechs went through the middle because of a lack of pace of Mooy and Milligan behind him. I think by replacing Milligan with Jurman you increase the speed. Mooy and Jedinak are similar speed. Mooy was poor in the first 30 minutes when the Czechs were playing and Jedi needs to be there to combat Pogba physically.

The question then comes do you pick Mooy or Rogic. My preference is Rogic but I can live with Mooy in the more advanced role.

That way if we need to change up late then you have Timmy, Tom and Arzani that can add something different in the last 20-30 mins.

It took the first thirty minutes for the game to settle. To say we were too slow down the middle is a bit harsh on mooy and milligan. Rogic is not going to offset that problem but probably add to it. Not able to offer any suggestions but jedinak’s not quick enough and reacts slower than he used to.

He does make an excellent bus driver ........ I’ll give him that :popcorn:. C’est bonn.

pjennings

It took the first thirty minutes for the game to settle. To say we were too slow down the middle is a bit harsh on mooy and milligan. Rogic is not going to offset that problem but probably add to it. Not able to offer any suggestions but jedinak’s not quick enough and reacts slower than he used to.

He does make an excellent bus driver ........ I’ll give him that :popcorn:. C’est bonn.

I think the first thirty was more a reflection of what we can expect at the WC. But Pogba will monster a screening tandem of Mooy and Luongo. So as @true believer had for France - 4141. Milligan out for Jurman

-------------Maty------------------
Risdon Trent Jurman Behich
--------------Jedi------------------
Leckie Loungo Mooy Kruse
------------Nabbout

With Timmy or Juric to replace Nabbout. Arzani for Kruse or Leckie and Tommy for Mooy

The reason I prefer Tommy is that he might give France a bit more to think about and keep at least some of them back.

Tevor

No matter what line up i’m feeling more confident we will at least make a contest of all three games unlike 6 months ago against Thailand.

Would love to see Rogic hit one of his wonder goals in a WC game.

Liked Ange and enjoyed what he did during the Asia Cup but he lost his way, maybe too much down time to sit around thinking of beautiful football tactics his team couldn’t execute.

true believer

i think jedi will be chewing frogs between the lines

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred