• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

READ ANYTHING INTERESTING RECENTLY ??

bjw

bjw
Finished Animal Farm a few days ago.
gonna start reading To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee. tonight.

Jesus

Jesus
poko said:
FFC Mariner said:
Brave New World (Huxley) is another chilling insight into the future.

For a classic..............Brighton Rock by Graham Green, a great portrait of a phscho

Don't f**king start me...had to read Brave New World back in year 12....hated it. hate hate hate. Thought it was stupid, and just...shit. Makes me angry just thinking about it.

Also didnt enjoy it. Read it twice and found it very over-rated IMO

serious14

Picked up "Jelleyman's Thrown a Wobbly: Saturday Afternoons in Front of the Telly" by Jeff Stelling for 4.

Anyone who is even remotely familiar with Soccer Saturday will love it.

FCandC

Best sci-fi novel ever: Midnight at the Well of Souls by Jack L. Chalker. Re-read it for the first time in about 10 years-moved fm apartment to house and cleaned out my storage space.

J

jiggles

zycie said:
Finished Animal Farm a few days ago.
gonna start reading To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee. tonight.

To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my FAVOURITE books, even if we did have to read it for school. I loved it.

Serious, I have "Soccer Saturday's" book "Ultimate Guide to the Game" or something (can't remember the title, is packed in boxes atm), and what they had to say about Tottenham fans did make me LOL quite hard...

bjw

bjw
I havent got round to starting To Kill A Mockingbird yet due to assignments and whatnot.

and now i'm tossing up between mocking bird and the perks of being a wallflower.

bjw

bjw
Just finished 'the perks of being a wallflower', its really good.
it reminds me a lot of 'catcher in the rye'

J

jiggles

get onto mockingbird...it's awesome.

One book arrive (a casual look)...just waiting for the rest to show up. Have inspired me to go purchase Mockingbird now, as I want to read it again.

Atomic

To Kill a Mockingbird is my favourite book of all time. If we could all aspire to be like Atticus Finch then the world would be a much better place.

marinermick

Atomic said:
To Kill a Mockingbird is my favourite book of all time. If we could all aspire to be like Atticus Finch then the world would be a much better place.

still, he had his flaws - that's what made him such an interesting character

Tadpohle

Nearly to embarrassed to admit that I bought a copy of Foster's new book. Should have just printed out a copy of his blogs. Book would have been more appropriately titled "Foz's soapbox".
As bad a case of "name dropping" you would ever pay money for. I wanted to understand the technical and technique sides of football, along with the tactical, so that I might more enjoy the coming WC and have more visual  enjoyment of what was happening on the pitch. That was covered in about one and a half pages, padded out with views and excerps of football god quotes.
He is much better to listen to him with his "critique" cap on than he is at writing where he has the opportunity to "wax lyrical". blah blah blah.
I couldn't help thinking  that if you substituted "ballet" for "football" the book would be equally as descriptive. I also get the sense that he hasn't let the past go yet, and he is desperate for the game to equal the hieghts it has in spain, and he wants it to happen yesterday??.

Mr Cleansheets

Hey chaps

For those who are interested, I attach a couple of reviews of Mr Cleansheets:

http://southmelbournefc.blogspot.com/2010/05/book-review-adrian-deans-mr-cleansheets.html

http://www.klikfc.com/article/124723/www.kitbag.com/klikfc

J

jiggles

I finished "perks of being a wallflower" the other day....major props to brennan for recomending it. Loved every last word of it. Got my copy of Mockingbird the other day, and cannot wait to start it again. However, Catcher in the Rye arrived earlier, so out of principal...I should start that one first!

www.bookdepository.co.uk for anyone looking for cheap books online....free shipping too!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred