• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Re: jets support

snowroo

Like I said, makes us look good. Doesn't excuse some poor decisions from management lately. Sorry if I'm not politically correct enough for you, but I'm a realist. I hope the recent new players have what it takes to have us in the running for a finals berth. Our effort in the second half of the previous season left a lot to be desired and more of the same will see us competing for the spoon.

snowroo

I know they were without two important defenders but.......wouldn't it be funny if they held aloft the prize of prizes again......the spoon.

Not good for Australian football though. 6-0. Worse if your a Jets supporter. I wonder why their not online? Shock? Heart attack? Maybe just disappointed they didn't have a ref that would hand them the prize.

Kareem

snowroo said:
Like I said, makes us look good. Doesn't excuse some poor decisions from management lately. Sorry if I'm not politically correct enough for you, but I'm a realist. I hope the recent new players have what it takes to have us in the running for a finals berth. Our effort in the second half of the previous season left a lot to be desired and more of the same will see us competing for the spoon.
hmmm
1) I hope that this doesnt make the Mariners guys upstairs relax a bit. Regardless we still need improvement
2) Ill admit it is a welcome relief, to show we arent completely inept, + suggests we had obviously the tougher group (doh!)
3) Not a good sign for Aussie football...not a good bargaining chip for a 3rd team (which would have been Sydney FC ROFL)
That said we need to work out a way to have our more inform teams play!

furns

kanewillow said:
Mate seriously - how many games did you win? Where did you finish in your group?
I am not rubbing your face in it by any stretch, if the situations were reversed I wouldnt be crowing about you getting beat in the Round of 16 if we didnt win a game in the group stages.
Am just happy we put some decent performances together after finishing last in season 4. The game against Pohang notwithstanding.............

Just a friendly word of advice, we have signed 21 out of 23 for the season that starts in five weeks, and they have been playing together since march. You still have some work to do in that regard.

Honkee

furns said:
kanewillow said:
Mate seriously - how many games did you win? Where did you finish in your group?
I am not rubbing your face in it by any stretch, if the situations were reversed I wouldnt be crowing about you getting beat in the Round of 16 if we didnt win a game in the group stages.
Am just happy we put some decent performances together after finishing last in season 4. The game against Pohang notwithstanding.............

Just a friendly word of advice, we have signed 21 out of 23 for the season that starts in five weeks, and they have been playing together since march. You still have some work to do in that regard.
Dont get ahead of your self, the only games the jets won were the games were the opposition fielded their 2nd string teams. If I remember right, one team left 12 players of its starting team at home. so dont try to get all high and mighty.

FFC Mariner

Isnt that the single worst ever performance by an Australian team in the ACL?

Just think its worth mentioning

dru

furns said:
kanewillow said:

Mate seriously, you reckon a reaction like this wouldn't be happening on your forums if the situation is reversed. Your delusional.

Lets look at it, same opposition in 180minutes of football we conceded half the goals you did, at the venue we played at we managed to score 2 you guys got 0.

marinermick

Honkee said:
furns said:
kanewillow said:

Dont get ahead of your self, the only games the jets won were the games were the opposition fielded their 2nd string teams. If I remember right, one team left 12 players of its starting team at home. so dont try to get all high and mighty.

and you know you are playing shit opposition when you have hoffman and rooney scoring goals against them

Newieutd

dru said:
Mate seriously, you reckon a reaction like this wouldn't be happening on your forums if the situation is reversed. Your delusional.

Lets look at it, same opposition in 180minutes of football we conceded half the goals you did, at the venue we played at we managed to score 2 you guys got 0.

Get a job!!!!

Sorry dude had to do it.

Jets sucked in that game, end of story

David Votoupal

Luck plays a big part in these competitions, and the Jets did have their share of luck which completely ran out last night.

Let's be brutally honest here- neither the Mariners nor Jets were expected to sparkle in the ACL, because both teams qualified by virtue of being the top two teams in a very poor quality A-League season.

I hope it gives the FFA a few things to think about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred