• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 10 South Gosford FC V Central Coast Mariners

style_cafe

I`ve been reluctant to jump on the anti-Clisby bandwagon but after those two disastrous crosses hand over the reins.
In a set-up like we had on the weekend,which tamed SFC for long periods, I don`t think Hatch could do any worse than Clisby.
He is young,fast and has a good left peg.
Time to upgrade his contract and blood him for next season and beyond... :popcorn:

turbo

but after those two disastrous crosses hand over the reins.
If he was delivering a killer final ball you could forgive some of the defensive errors but to butcher the crosses multiple times at a critical point in the game is hard to swallow. I’m not sure about Oars credentials as a wing back but you’d have to consider him for next time.

style_cafe

If he was delivering a killer final ball you could forgive some of the defensive errors but to butcher the crosses multiple times at a critical point in the game is hard to swallow. I’m not sure about Oars credentials as a wing back but you’d have to consider him for next time.
From what I saw of Hatch at Weston (and I wrote at the time) he was sensational.
I think in the next version of CCM Oar will come in for SS.
Clisby needs a break to re-focus his position with the squad which should open the way for Hatch.
I`ve been impressed by Miller, who is getting stronger with each game, and R-D looked good too on the weekend.
I`d like to see Nissy develop more as an AM rather than DM as we have plenty of options there.
Also impressed with Staj,who has such a difficult job juggling the players we have.
He seems to be sorting the wheat from the chaff though and if Fox is a cancer then freezing him out is the best thing (although
as I`ve said before he has played well for us)...:popcorn:

Big Al

From what I saw of Hatch at Weston (and I wrote at the time) he was sensational.
I think in the next version of CCM Oar will come in for SS.
Clisby needs a break to re-focus his position with the squad which should open the way for Hatch.
I`ve been impressed by Miller, who is getting stronger with each game, and R-D looked good too on the weekend.
I`d like to see Nissy develop more as an AM rather than DM as we have plenty of options there.
Also impressed with Staj,who has such a difficult job juggling the players we have.
He seems to be sorting the wheat from the chaff though and if Fox is a cancer then freezing him out is the best thing (although
as I`ve said before he has played well for us)...:popcorn:
Would not be against Nizzy taking Kims spot in the mids now that Kim is in the CB position. Would give us a better passer than GS and GG but they are needed for defensive work breaking up play as both are alot better physically than Nizzy at that.

Nizzy would give us a link in the chain that’s missing. Even if only second half for say GG
Kim to Nizzy to DDS to Attack options of wide or central to Milan and Jair

Insertnamehere

Would not be against Nizzy taking Kims spot in the mids now that Kim is in the CB position. Would give us a better passer than GS and GG but they are needed for defensive work breaking up play as both are alot better physically than Nizzy at that.

Nizzy would give us a link in the chain that’s missing. Even if only second half for say GG
Kim to Nizzy to DDS to Attack options of wide or central to Milan and Jair
I like it!

Ads

————— Birra ——————
—————————————-
—-Ziggy——Kim——Rowles—
——————————————
Sil—-DDS—-Niz—-GG-—Oar
——————————————
—————-Duric——————
——————Jair—————-

Murray - 70min (Jair/Duric/Sil)
Stens - 75min (GG/DDS/Niz)

turbo

Sil—-DDS—-Niz—-GG-—Oar
IMO Stens or GG isn’t likely to be unseated at the moment. I think Nisbet is more likely to be a regular off the bench and that’s probably fine as a stepping stone to regular minutes and the odd start. I’d make that row
SS—Stensness—DDS—GG—Oar and even consider swapping DDS to the 10 role and Duric in to the central spot on that row.

Ironbark

Sydney FC vs Central Coast Mariners
Top against bottom, but you wouldn’t know it

Facts and figures
In what was a strange round of football, a second match may have delivered a result contrary to form on the field. Central Coast Mariners had three good shots on target, but unfortunately for them Sydney FC goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne was in fine form. The Mariners had a total of 19 crosses to 12 and 11 shots to Sydney’s eight, yet the Sky Blues won 1-0.

The Mariners had three shots on target to Sydney FC’s two. Matt Simon broke the record for the most appearances off the bench in the national league, making it his 104th game as a substitute.

Points of difference
There was undoubtedly a difference in class between the two sides, with remarkably the bottom-of-the-table Central Coast Mariners the better team. It’s difficult to decipher how the Mariners lost a game that they probably played the better football in.

Who made their team better?
If Andrew Redmayne plays like he did in this game every round, he will be in contention to be the No. 1 goalkeeper for the Socceroos, as at his best Redmayne is capable of playing in the Premier League. Daniel De Silva’s ball control was elite and he had one opportunity brilliantly saved by Redmayne. Ziggy Gordon didn’t stop trying.

Trials and tribulations
Credit to Sydney FC for getting the early goal through Kosta Barbarouses thanks to an exquisite assist from Rhyan Grant.

Sydney FC almost went into their shell, so to speak, after breaking the deadlock. It was almost as if their work was done and all they had to do was sit back and defend their one-goal advantage.

You have to credit the Mariners, who never stopped trying and kept the game interesting. The only reason they didn’t claim at least a point was due to the outstanding goalkeeping from Redmayne.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/12/16/what-happened-a-league-round-10/

Ads

IMO Stens or GG isn’t likely to be unseated at the moment. I think Nisbet is more likely to be a regular off the bench and that’s probably fine as a stepping stone to regular minutes and the odd start. I’d make that row
SS—Stensness—DDS—GG—Oar and even consider swapping DDS to the 10 role and Duric in to the central spot on that row.

Sorry should have said this is what I would like to see happen.

* DDS in the midfield 5 as I believe he has more impact creativity from there, better at moving off the ball to link the back to mid and moving the ball to SS or Duric for long shot or Jair.

* Duric behind Jair to maximise his time outside the box for shot taking, increasing deflections and scraps for Jair.
We need our front men to use their energy wisely for when the time is right. (Lefondre, Berisha).

* Nizzy’s passing and turning on the ball from the centre of the mid 5 can than offload to GG, DDS and Oar for them to put through those penetrating balls and crosses.

* Stensness to come on and do those side by side niggle tackles that break down attack and take a yellow when needed.

* GG over Stens in the starting lineup due to GG effort on the weekend with moving the ball forwards with his feet and his positioning for the crosses/headers.

Ozhammer

Watching the Youth game last night, Hatch looked very ordinary to me. Perhaps it was an off game but his demeanour and body language weren’t that of a player enjoying his football and pressing for a first team call up.

Interestingly, Nizzy played the first half as the AM and looked pretty good to me. His passing was incisive, whilst his ball retention was great as normal and he even hit the post with a left-footed shot. There is a lot to like in the way he goes about his business imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami