• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R9 CCMFC vs MCFC

Rowdy

Walmsley, don't want to see this guy on the bench getting splinters START HIM!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 16

Forum Phoenix

Like to see...

-----------------Izzo
-Roux -McGing- Uskok/Ascroft - Rose
-----------------Posc
Fitz-- Caceres --- Sim---- Austin
-------------O'Donovan

Alternatively - 4231 with Fitz given the job to old school man mark Mooy. And stay a lot tighter on Fornaroli this time. I think if we don't do those two things, we won't beat them.
But if we do, we definitely can.

nebakke

Isn't Uskok CDM/CB? In spite of everything, I actually fgeel like our defence has been reasonable when running on with

Roux - Posco - McGing - Rosey

I too think that Posco has been doing a stellar job, all things considered, that's exactly why I don't understand why everyone seem so keen to move him to play out of position - for mine, part of the reason why we've improved, has been that he was willing and able to try to take some level of command in defence ( not saying he's Dutchy, but getting a bit louder ;) ) if we move him out of CB, we lose that a bit as we have been relying on our CDM to move up quite a bit. Rosey can certainly do it as well, except he also moves up quite high and Uskok is a bit of an unknown yet...

In spite of that last bit, and considering the comment I saw somewhere about Uskok being decent at moving up too, I reckon it might be worth a try to play him at CDM for this game and keep our back line intact.

While, by rights, we should've gone down by quite a bit more last week, we didn't and we only conceded the second after a tactical gamble, taking off a defender.

Gratis

In spite of that last bit, and considering the comment I saw somewhere about Uskok being decent at moving up too, I reckon it might be worth a try to play him at CDM for this game and keep our back line intact.
I have been thinking something similar. Only concern is - is his speed/fitness up to dealing with the likes of Mooy for 90mins?
Then again what do we have to lose hey?

Forum Phoenix

Isn't Uskok CDM/CB? In spite of everything, I actually fgeel like our defence has been reasonable when running on with

Roux - Posco - McGing - Rosey

I too think that Posco has been doing a stellar job, all things considered, that's exactly why I don't understand why everyone seem so keen to move him to play out of position - for mine, part of the reason why we've improved, has been that he was willing and able to try to take some level of command in defence ( not saying he's Dutchy, but getting a bit louder ;) ) if we move him out of CB, we lose that a bit as we have been relying on our CDM to move up quite a bit. Rosey can certainly do it as well, except he also moves up quite high and Uskok is a bit of an unknown yet...

While, by rights, we should've gone down by quite a bit more last week, we didn't and we only conceded the second after a tactical gamble, taking off a defender.

While i wouldnt call it playing him out of position - i Wont be surprised if Walmsley does keep him where he is Nebbake. Keeping Poscy in place is a no brainer if our best player was not out. So this is a lesser of two evils discussion.

Are we more able to fill CB or DM? Which role is more pivotal in our structure? Which role is nore important against this opponent?

Uskok could "possibly" come into CB. Still seems like a very serious gamble on someone unproven at this level to me. But Its a more well defined and far less complicated role than monty has been playing - which is the rub - havent seen anything to make me believe ascroft can come close to filling Montys shoes - posc cant either in truth - but hes a lot closer than anyone else from what ive seen. And theres no way you can drop a new guy into what has been our most important position - though if our 10 was doing better i think the responsibility would be less so. But the screening work and amount of attacks being played through Monty has been huge. You cant stick someone unknown who doesnt know the team there, and in my opinion Ascroft will be destroyed by Mooy. Posc might also, but i think he's probably the best chance we have so i suspect thats how others are seeing it too.

Last edited:

Gratis

Tony Walmsley

“Last time it was a really end-to-end game, we created an equal number of chances, we probably slightly edged it but they finished theirs, we didn’t finish ours.

“We need to tighten up our defence, we need to be well aware of Aaron Mooy’s threat, he runs the game for them. He’s very good, Fornaroli’s good, Novillo’s good.

“It was our worst performance against the Wanderers and they were the best team we’ve played so far… we’re going to be up against the same again, but we need to be better.

“We’ve picked a squad, we’ve got Mitch Austin back, we’ve picked a structure to make sure Caceres does his best work higher up the pitch and we’ve lost Montgomery so we have to cover that, so we’re going to be up against a formidable opponent and relishing the challenge.

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/article/preview-ccmvmcy/yii673oa6lj211e2f7hgy6mac#uXiiGMemAc1ZUyZK.99

Gratis

4213?
roux - posco - mcging - rose
uskok - ascroft
caceres
bingham/sim - roy - austin

Forum Phoenix

Gee i like Walmsley.

If they're restructuring to ensure Caceres gets a lot closer to the forwards and can focus on the front third that could make a considerable difference. Glad they see there clearly needs to be a change in the middle. This was what was hardest to endure with Mossball - the flat denial of any issues.

Identified the key threats and is talking defence. Good good.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Restructure AC all you want as long as he stops being lazy and turning over ball after ball.

Forum Phoenix

I think 4213 is a possibility, - but from what Walmsley just said youd have to assume Caceres would be in the front free - just sitting a little deeper.

Forum Phoenix

Restructure AC all you want as long as he stops being lazy and turning over ball after ball.
To be fair he doesn't usually have the turn overs he did last week. In fact possession wise he's usually great. But yeah we could do with a lot more endeavour. Luca Brasi mentioned he is often still involved - and he's right - but it's still where and how - the TV makes it hard to judge - mostly becoming involved in the play in meaningless areas, slowing it down too much and creating no space - all of which doesn't show up so much if you cant see the whole field and sense the timing. Anyway, we desperately need him to become effective - and while obviously there's are a lot of elements to that - a big one is position though - so kudos to TW and Hutch for trying to fix the issue via the structure I think.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Crowd looks tiny. If WSW was 10k - this is 2k. If that was 13k - this is 3.

Suspect we will once again establish why we have the best fans in the league when we prove to be by far the most committed to boycotting.

;)

Big Al

Better be the last protest of its kind.

Kick off time and Thursday play into the hands of a strong protest.

Sitting at home gives mixed feelings. Gutted for the team..
On one hand makes us look bad yet on the other makes us look strong.
Mixed feelings but either way not happy won't be boycotting again

Forum Phoenix

Great to see Caceres sitting so high. Has played two great balls already. Ascrift man narking mooy very well so far. We can take this

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred