• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R9: CCM v WSW

Big Al

Wanderers were very good against Roar, absolutely dominated them in 2nd half except for last 10 mins.

They are building and Martinez is total class and could destroy us if not careful.

There final passes are letting them down.

We have confidence and they are working out what there best team is.

The car museum is having some Ferrari special on of some sort, so Ferrari fans can check that out during the day before hitting the game.

Wombat

Wanderers were very good against Roar, absolutely dominated them in 2nd half except for last 10 mins.

They are building and Martinez is total class and could destroy us if not careful.

There final passes are letting them down.

We have confidence and they are working out what there best team is.

The car museum is having some Ferrari special on of some sort, so Ferrari fans can check that out during the day before hitting the game.

I hope they have some extra security....i'd hate to see the westies trying to steal a wheelbarrow of spare parts.

I've had my car broken into 7 times but only once on the Coast....North Sydney and Brookvale more interestingly than Mt druitt and Penrith! Having said that I know plenty of Sydney Boyz who love a shiny car.

Forum Phoenix

I think we're finally getting to a stage where we can focus on our football and other teams have to actually outplay us - before they could just apply a little pressure and know we would implode. And there was always space to play the ball and transition into attack. Wanderers will find this WAY harder if we press and defend as close as last game. They will also find us a lot harder to disrupt if we match last game - though ideally continue to improve - the speed with which we're moving the ball.

Wanderers can play football but they're always most talented at anti football under Popavic. So I think FFC was right about pushing the ball over wide and into the channels a lot, (which Okon is definitely already getting them to do with success) if we can get there back line and screeners in card trouble quick smart that will force them to pull their heads in and I think we'll be hard to contain and can win it.

Likely issues, they will be better creatively than us in the middle of the park. But if we press as a team and get into their backs quickly like Thursday and not let them turn, this will make a huge difference.

I expect them to hack Tav. Break him up and a key part of our fluency will falter. Not sure how to best handle this if the ref doesn't...

Fishsdad

I expect them to hack Tav. Break him up and a key part of our fluency will falter. Not sure how to best handle this if the ref doesn't...

No doubt you're correct, and I would also expect them to have developed plans to nullify Pain down our left flank.

My biggest concern remains our centre-back pairing. Without doubt they are light years ahead of last year for which Paulo gets the credit (and it also helps that they had a complete season with us last year so they know what A League is all about). But they're still not at the stage where opponents are quaking in their studded boots. At the start of the season I imagined our top pairing in this position would be Faty and Posco, and while McGing and Ascroft did very well together last start, I would be happier to have at least one of the other two at the back.

I'll also be interested to see whether Rosebud gets any game time. His ball control is so good it would be worth considering him for the frustration he would cause to WSW, and I reckon the more time he can spend on the field learning from Tav the better he will be.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah agreed about cb's - feel very much the same. Very hard to drop a pairing when you win and it just gave us our first clean sheet since forever and also one of the cbs scored to boot.

But I liked Rose there - I'm a fan of posc, and after his first shocker, Faty has been good.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Not sure I'd use the word trash to describe a defensive midfielder playing in an unnatural role.

However, I prefer Ascroft there too.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
you would have to be vaguely confident about a decent showing v the drive bys...I think the Canberra shit pile was an anomaly that wont happen again, and the boys will be revved after the Glory game...its all a matter of clear heads and consistency and you never know, we may just get 'em
#COYY

Holy

Consistency is the key for sure, but we have been building for a game like this.
The crowd factor will help us, it's been building too. I'm still buzzing after last Thursday night, with only 5,200 odd, the atmosphere was amazing. Everybody I have spoken to is still buzzing about it too and those that missed being there are kicking themselves, so I'm expecting a big crowd getting right behind our boys.
This game could really define the rest of our season, and I don't mean that lightly. 8 rounds in, Okon's style is starting to take shape, there is belief there, there will be extra competition for places, and crowd support is really getting behind our boys.
I want us to do so well this weekend, I want to hear what excuses the pundits make for WSW after we beat them. I want those that continually put the boot into us, sit up and take notice that were back and don't ever take us lightly.
Oh, and another clean sheet would just about be the icing on the cake!

Azza-Mataz

I apologise if this was explained before but why Spotless Stadium? Wouldn't it make more sense to make Pepper at Penrith their home ground?
Pumped as ever for this game though. COYY :overheadl:

nebakke

I apologise if this was explained before but why Spotless Stadium? Wouldn't it make more sense to make Pepper at Penrith their home ground?

You do know that it's a home-game for us right? ;)

Anwyay - it was voted on by the fans and they decided on Spotless for some reason, so that's where they went.

nebakke

Didn't know this... what were the other options? Canberra? The moon?
Haha! - I can't remember but I don't think the moon or Canberra were on the table... I think those are considered our territory ;)

I think maybe it Spotless, Penrith and a third option.. From memory Shaun touched on it on the podcast two weeks ago.

Ah - here we go:

After extensive member and partner consultation including the survey of over 3000 Wanderers members, playing matches from a single location earned 70 per cent of the vote while a combination of Spotless Stadium and ANZ Stadium gained close to 60 per cent of the total vote based on the six venue options presented.

http://www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au/whats_on/news_and_media/2016/wanderers_announce_new_stadium_deal

Reactions: adz

Azza-Mataz

You do know that it's a home-game for us right? ;)

Nope I had it the other way round haha Ill be sure to brush up on my fixture knowledge.

it was voted on by the fans and they decided on Spotless for some reason, so that's where they went.

I think they're missing out on huge potential around Penrith area as well as up the Blue Mountains.

Anyway Ccm to win 1 nil. Buhagiar with the goal.

sydmariner

Pepper is to far west plus member's voted to play there & there ACL games will be played at campbelltown stadium.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred