• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R5 v City away

Tevor

Ziggy is going to need to be careful he doesn’t get burned by Wales pace. Best case scenario Ziggy has him in his pocket but that doesn’t really get us an advantage. If we’re looking to exploit something I think we’re in with a good shot at winning the battle in the middle. They’ll still push wide and fancy their pace so we’ll need to be ready for that.
This is definitely how they play and it worked against WU however I feel we have more pace then WU. If DDS plays like he did last Sunday he could have a field day tonight.

turbo

This is definitely how they play and it worked against WU however I feel we have more pace then WU
Hopefully Staj has been practicing the kind of scenario where one of the outside backs is beaten and a CB has to come out to cover a wide run. Other and other outside back need to be looking to cut off the cross. That’s their go to in attack, if we can hold our structure and track the runs it will go a long way towards neutralising them. Might be space in behind an advanced Galloway or Jameson on the counter.

finally retired

Now I may be mad, BUT, why does everyone think a flight from Perth to Melbourne will affect supremely fit individuals, I flew from here to Holland with nary a problem and I'm a cripple... I don't get it
it shouldn't be a problem, especially for supremely fit individuals :p...but having the team in camp all week can only help our football.

Michael

We need to get Sammy running at Jamieson from the get go. He’s a liability for them and will get an early card. And we need to overload both full backs in general.
They do play the width well, but so do we. And I back our CB’s to deal with the crosses/cut backs.
So excited for 7.30 cmon the lads!

Forum Phoenix

Flying five hours the day after running thirteen kilometres at high intensity really takes it out of the body. Add the emotional drain of that match and it would take days to recover.

While they should be physically okay for the match they would have only had a couple of training sessions to prepare for this match. These training sessions would be purely tactical because the players would not be one hundred percent. Compare that to the ten sessions they probably had for the Perth match and you can appreciate that this will be a tougher lead up.

Also, just being away from home, in hotel rooms and away from your own bed is tiring. I travel often for work and I am never right during the day because I not at home. My bed is my sanctuary and I sleep well there. I just don’t sleep well in hotel rooms and hotel beds.

By the time tonight’s game comes around they would have spent six nights in hotel rooms, played a highly physical and emotional football match and travelled the length of Australia.

The only thing that might mitigate against the effects could be staying in Perth an extra night and recovering there

I’ve read the brain doesn’t fully shut down when we sleep in new environs. Old predator protection software, said it takes a couple of nights to settle again, besides the dehydration and poor posture etc that comes with flying. explains a lot about jet lag. So the extra nights stay wouldn’t help - ideally, best to get there at least 3 days beforehand so then athletes are getting proper sleep I guess.

Forum Phoenix

Just about to travel for next 24 hours.

So have to go forum/football site cold turkey until I can watch the replay on Kayo.

Hope we kick their ass and continue the fight back. Shaping up to be a very good side with a great coach, and only a matter of time till city will badly miss McClaren... so unless we have some bad luck/bad refereeing - I think we’ll get a result.

Fire up :shoutclap::overheadl::fireup:

turbo

He’s a liability for them and will get an early card
A league refs don’t like to give early cards. He’ll get a few warnings and we’ll get one too, then around 25-30 minutes in we’ll cop the first yellow for the same thing he’s been doing. Might even be someone who’s had no warnings that gets it.

neverwozza

Kudos to the strength and conditioning team as well. They have 3 players unavailable due to hamstring injuries and we have none on the injury list. Makes a huge difference with our small squad sizes here in the a-league and especially for clubs like ours that don't have the depth that others have.

Forum Phoenix

ok... Brave new world. just bough the satellite internet package. Seems very slow, so not sure how my Kayo stream will hold up, but fingers crossed...I've never watched a game whilst flying over the pacific ocean before. Mariners mile high club here I come.

Forum Phoenix

I've had a reeeeeally depressing day today so I really need the boys to win today.

I believe they will
Keep your chin up Gus. Even if we don't win, first time in half a decade you can genuinely say we're not shit.

Though I still wouldn't recommend the Mariners as being good for anyone's mental health just yet.

Forum Phoenix

Lineup unchanged from Perth game. Good move, no one should be dropped unless they have a niggle.

Nice to see Nizzy getting the nod over Melling on the bench. With Simon, Muzz and Weemac on the bench we have some support in attack at least. Kim, Nizzy and Tongyik gives us solid cover too. With Kim a powerful sub up Staj's sleeve.

Very interested to see how City approach us and us them. Will Staj go after them as hard early... I wonder.

Michael

Yeah not overly surprised it’s unchanged. Every single one last weeks starting side deserve to start again.

Ozhammer

I do however, wonder if the unchanged line up/formation hands $ity a little bit of an advantage?

If Staj has changed personnel, it might perhaps have thrown Mombaerts off a little?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Keep your chin up Gus. Even if we don't win, first time in half a decade you can genuinely say we're not shit.

Though I still wouldn't recommend the Mariners as being good for anyone's mental health just yet.
Thanks mate .
Funnily enough my wife said the same sort of thing. I just said its self flaggelation :piralaugh::pirashoot:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami