• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R4 v Perth away

Josho Howe

Been meaning to post about this match all day, been busy baking cakes this afternoon for a rotary fundraiser tomorrow.
I think we can win this match comfortably 3-0 or 4-1. I know many on here will think I’m crazy but I have strong belief in Staj & his staff & the players. I know we have won just one of our last 14 games on the road but I feel like we will get a big win against Perth.
It’s just a vibe & a feeling but I’m definitely no soccer expert so I could be wrong. I hope not!

Your optimism is truly inspiring.

Wombat

I think I will have a small bet on a Mariners win or draw.....double chance should be about 2-1.

Paying 2.80. I do fancy us but Perth are decent.

Maybe just a lobster.

Last edited:

neverwozza

Yep I have a good feeling about this one as well and might take the $7.50 for the win. The last time I backed them (and the only sports bet I've ever had) was back in 2009 in the opening round against Victory. We won 2 nil and I got odds of $6.00 for the win. Hopefully Kit isn't on commission from sportsbet and just winding us all up to lose our money. :)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I feel like the odds are unfairly harsh on us - but it all comes down to who is betting; it's not necessarily a reflection on how much better one team is.
Perth really should win this, they're one of the top sides. But we have good fitness, one of the best midfields in the league, and our defence is looking pretty solid.
If we have no critical defensive lapses, and don't give away any stupid penalties, then I'm starting to believe we COULD keep anybody scoreless this season.
Perth being the favourites is fair - but not to the extend they are. A draw would be a good result. A win is definitely doable.
I'm looking forward to this game. Should be a cracker.

Forum Phoenix

Perth are a very strong side. I’ll always be hoping for a win. But very pleased by a draw and happy with just very competitive - which I think we will be.

turbo

They haven’t quite clicked like last year yet so it’s a decent chance to steal some points before they hit their stride. Barring injury I’d expect them to be a tougher proposition when they come over for NYE but maybe we’ll have a striker by then.

If we did steal a win we’d be sitting 6th and above Victory with a game in hand which would be nice.

Rowdy

Ziggy, Duric & Kim vs 'Travel Distance', something they're NOT used to !
- be interesting to see how they handle this 'competitive' game in Perth.

(They had the Tassie trip ... but that was sight-seeing with a fitness session)

Wombat

Im on the train with Middy going down to watch the Teskey brothers.
Probs wont get a change to watch the game.
Please post as many reviews and opinions to keep us in the loop.
COYY

Pirate Pete

EIbTJQ0WwAApPeV

Michael

It does seem like whoever it is ends up playing up top it’ll be one of our 3 little speedy dribblers up against Glory’s big solid not the quickest CB’s
We’ll be relying on quick interchanges and sharp dribbling. I don’t mind that.
Should create more than Matty losing heading duels and giving away fouls.

nebakke

Google just notified me of the starting lineup, it reckons Silvera at the pointy end, with Oar, Duruc and we Silva tugged on behind.
I'm not sure how to feel about this, but I'm figuring Perth hasn't prepared for this setup, so it'll be interesting to watch how it goes.

Pirate Pete

Google just notified me of the starting lineup, it reckons Silvera at the pointy end, with Oar, Duruc and we Silva tugged on behind.
I'm not sure how to feel about this, but I'm figuring Perth hasn't prepared for this setup, so it'll be interesting to watch how it goes.

Yes very interesting. I didn't think we'd see a Mariners team with Simon & Murray on the bench. Without another striker signed that is.
On paper it looks like a "park the bus" line up really with no recognised striker.

Michael

Yes very interesting. I didn't think we'd see a Mariners team with Simon & Murray on the bench. Without another striker signed that is.
On paper it looks like a "park the bus" line up really with no recognised striker.

I’d argue it’s almost more attacking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred