• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R4 v Perth away

Ironbark

Match Details |
Sunday, 3 November 2019
HBF Park, Perth
Kick-Off:
3:00pm (Local) (6:00pm (AEDT))
Referee: Kurt Ams
Assistant Referee 1: Josh Mannella
Assistant Referee 2: Matthew Southern
Fourth Official: Shane Skinner
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

Squad |
Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4. Eunsun KIM, 6.Giancarlo GALLIFUOCO, 7.Milan ÐURIĆ, 8.Michael MCGLINCHEY, 9.Jordan MURRAY, 10.Thomas OAR, 11.Daniel DE SILVA, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 14.Abraham MAJOK, 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Dylan FOX, 17.Samuel SILVERA, 18. Gianni STENSNESS, 19. Matthew SIMON, 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Jacob MELLING, 26.Joshua NISBET **2-4 to be omitted**

INS: 22. Jacob MELLING (Promoted), 26. Joshua NISBET (Promoted)

OUTS: Nil

Unavailable: 25. John ROBERTS (International Duty)

Ironbark

Be keen to see our progress. You'd have to be optimistic to believe we'll get anything out of this one but you never know. Football's a funny old game.

Josho Howe

I think if we play at our best we can sneak a draw. That Perth front 3 is bloody dangerous though. Will happily take a 1-1. I'd love to say we can go over there and win, but they're a clearly better side, but football definitely is a funny old game. I don't think we have won over there since that 94th minute Dukey winner in the Moss season l believe.

marinermick

I think if we play at our best we can sneak a draw. That Perth front 3 is bloody dangerous though. Will happily take a 1-1. I'd love to say we can go over there and win, but they're a clearly better side, but football definitely is a funny old game. I don't think we have won over there since that 94th minute Dukey winner in the Moss season l believe.

Draw paying $4.50.

I will be interested to see how two weeks of preparation and tactical training pans out on the football pitch. We will be able to see whether Staj has hit the mark in regards to all these efforts.

Michael

I’d be very happy with a draw.
Their attack is definitely the best in this league imo. Fornaroli is getting more and more comfortable.
But they do lack speed in the middle and at the back and as we all know we have a lot of speed through the middle so we could cause them plenty of issues there.
Keeping Castro quiet, as hard as that is, will be key as usual.
I think Kim will start and it’s time Silvera does too.

turbo

I think Kim will start and it’s time Silvera does too.
I don’t think this will be the kind of game we can afford to have Silvera be an impact sub we need to come out swinging. But who misses out to fit him?
Maybe 4-2-3-1 with Kim and Duric/DDS beside him and the other between Oar and Silvera. Murray up front and hope we can get a lead to utilise Simon’s defensive qualities.

Michael

I don’t think this will be the kind of game we can afford to have Silvera be an impact sub we need to come out swinging. But who misses out to fit him?
Maybe 4-2-3-1 with Kim and Duric/DDS beside him and the other between Oar and Silvera. Murray up front and hope we can get a lead to utilise Simon’s defensive qualities.

It’ll have to be Stens to be on the bench, technically he’s Kims back up. Kim needs minutes badly. Although Gianni doesn’t deserve to be dropped but it’s good to have this dilemma.
A midfield of:
Kim - Djuric
Silvera - Tommy - DDS with these 3 rotating can do damage to Perth.

MagpieMariner

The big question is, as you've stated, how to keep Castro quiet. The only way I can see is with a chainsaw. Or maybe a .303.
Joking, of course. I must admit I enjoy watching him operate, only not against us.

Big Al

We haven’t been beaten since opening weekend. Keep it coming.

Could be our first game with our midfielders from the start. So that will be interesting.

As for our front line. Will we go with Silvera? If so who drops out? DDS due to the midfielders we have?

marinermick

We haven’t been beaten since opening weekend. Keep it coming.

Could be our first game with our midfielders from the start. So that will be interesting.

As for our front line. Will we go with Silvera? If so who drops out? DDS due to the midfielders we have?

IMO, only change will be Kim for Stensness, and possibly Tongyik for Fox.

Kit Walker

Been meaning to post about this match all day, been busy baking cakes this afternoon for a rotary fundraiser tomorrow.
I think we can win this match comfortably 3-0 or 4-1. I know many on here will think I’m crazy but I have strong belief in Staj & his staff & the players. I know we have won just one of our last 14 games on the road but I feel like we will get a big win against Perth.
It’s just a vibe & a feeling but I’m definitely no soccer expert so I could be wrong. I hope not!

Last edited:

true believer

If we give away a VAR penalty due to handball I would fully support Staj enforcing amputation as a prerequisite for playing.
if you cut off both arms before play ..the sock puppet dynamic duo of ref Kurt Ams and var Kris Griffiths-Jones
would find a pen if needed . and i'll put even money on an ams red

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Clark