• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R25 - Mariners V Roar

style_cafe

I didn`t see the Sydney game but from all reports it`s time to move on to the next game.

We need to pick ourselves up,clean off the crap & get behind the boys.

My starting line-up would be:-

------------------Matty------------------

Pedj------Sains--------Dutchy------- Rose

----------Monty--------Ando-------------

Weemac------ McBreen------- Olly------

------------------Duke---------------------

Bench: Bernie, Hutcho, Fitzy, Passfield

I think we need to re-establish the the overlaps down the flanks with the Pedj/Weemac & Rose /Olly combinations working well in the past.
With McBreen providing the muscle to get control of the midfield & to push forward with Duke to get us the goals.
With Monty & Ando I think we have more mobility & strengthin the defensive third.
Anderson is getting to good to leave on the bench.

MARINER`S `TIL I DIE (remember)

timmers

I would be inclined to give a few young boys a go in this game. Focus on the ACL and Finals series. I would like to see Rose and Pedj given a week off to get right for a massive couple of months coming up

Fishsdad

My starting line-up would be:-

------------------Matty------------------

Pedj------Sains--------Dutchy------- Rose

----------Monty--------Ando-------------

Weemac------ McBreen------- Olly------

------------------Duke---------------------

Bench: Bernie, Hutcho, Fitzy, Passfield

Totally agree that Ando should play - how about swapping him and Patrick? Ando is quicker at this stage, and Patrick is as good a distributor as we have, and would fit in beautifully just behind our attacking mids.

You've named the best attacking options we have IMHO.

I'd love to see Caceras on the bench and getting a good half hour...

style_cafe

I would be inclined to give a few young boys a go in this game. Focus on the ACL and Finals series. I would like to see Rose and Pedj given a week off to get right for a massive couple of months coming up
I originally thought that about Dutchy but was swayed by the additional movement required in the DM role & thought the younger legs of Ando would be better suited.
Resting Pedj may work to freshen him.Morton did ok in that role when Pedj was out.
Who is the cover for for Rosey?

Maybe:-

Morton ---Sains---Dutchy----Ando

----------Monty-----Olly-----------

Weemac-----McBreen ------Bernie

-------------- Duke-----------------

Bench: Caceres,Fitzy,Hutcho, Passfield

The problem is we can`t afford to drop any more points.

bikinigirl

. it might be worth waiting to see who plays (and/or plays well/tires) in tomorrow's game before guessing at who should be rested ... maybe?

. i am interested why people are suggesting zac at DM (besides the fact that i would think arnie would not go that route above monty/hutch/olly or even griffiths & caceres options from what i've heard) ... why not trent?

. i agree DM would be too demanding for patrick ... but trent has played there before and i think would be a better option than zac ... or is he too important at the back?

. but i can't see why you wouldn't just 'rest' patrick (but that could be tomorrow's game) ... hmm, that was a bit circular:confused:

FFC Mariner

The rest of the season is about locking in 2nd place behind the flare checkers.

Then we win once and it's a GF.

Surely we can't f**k it up for a 4th time.....

(Don't answer that :))

style_cafe

I wouldn't play Anderson or Patrick at DM, neither has the lateral movement to play there.

I disagree.
I think Ando could be quite effective there.
He is strong in the air,defensively very good & plays out of defence well.
It may take a few games to settle him in but given the opportunity I think he would benefit the team overall in that role.

kevrenor

Sunday, March 17
Central Coast Mariners v Brisbane Roar

Venue: Bluetongue Stadium
Kick off: 5.00 PM
Referee: Alan Milliner
Assistant referee 1: Scott Edeling
Assistant referee 2: Sarah Ho
Fourth official: Tim McGilchrist
Live and exclusive broadcast on FOX Sports 1HD and Sky Sports 2
ABC Radio Coverage : Updates only
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #CCMvROAR
To purchase tickets click here

Central Coast Mariners Squad: 1. Mathew Ryan (Gk), 2. Daniel McBreen, 3. Joshua Rose, 4. Pedj Bojic, 5. Zachary Anderson, 6. Patrick Zwaanswijk, 7. John Hutchinson (c), 8. Adriano Pellegrino, 9. Bernie Ibini, 11. Oliver Bozanic, 13. Brent Griffiths, 14. Michael McGlinchey, 15. Brad McDonald, 16. Trent Sainsbury, 17. Anthony Caceres, 18. Nick Montgomery, 19. Mitchell Duke, 20. Justin Pasfield (Gk), 21. Mile Sterjovski, 29. Nick Fitzgerald (Five to be omitted)
Ins: 8. Adriano Pellegrino, 13. Brent Griffiths, 15. Brad McDonald, 17. Anthony Caceres, 29. Nick Fitzgerald (all promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 23. Adam Kwasnik (knee – season)

Brisbane Roar squad: 1. Michael Theo (gk), 3. Shane Stefanutto, 4. Matt Jurman, 5. Ivan Franjic, 7. Besart Berisha, 8. Massimo Murdocca, 9. Stef Nijland, 10. Henrique, 11. Ben Halloran, 13. Jade North, 14. Steven Lustica, 15. James Donachie, 17. Mitch Nichols, 18. Luke Brattan, 19. Jack Hingert, 20. Matt Acton (gk), 22. Thomas Broich (c), 25. George Lambadaridis, 26. Corey Brown (Four to be omitted)
Ins: 8. Massimo Murdocca (returns from injury), 4. Matt Jurman (promoted), 25. George Lambadaridis (promoted), 26. Corey Brown (promoted)
Unavailable: 2. Matt Smith (hip – season)

Gratis

My only concern for this is roar may want the win more. they are desperate for points to make the finals whereas mariners can 'afford' to drop a few and keep 2nd place. can't afford to risk it though

i'd be inclined to say motivation will come from the last few results. apart from against Syd they played well and for the most part deserved to will and will be smarting

localpom

We are still the best team this season. Just need a confidence boosting win and we will be back on the right track. Would love to see us have a penalty when the result is assured! Still think we are 2 players short, if we got decent replacements (Matsui/Matt Simon :) )for Tommy and Kwas we wouldn't be in this position we are in. Alas, no money and the kids are having to step up. This is what i love about our club though. COYY! The way i am looking at the rest of the season is that as long as we secure a top 2 we have a one off home game to get to the final and have another crack at the toilet seat. That'll do me, whatever everyones expectations we still massively overachieve given our budget and been the only club in the ACL.

priorpeter

Once again, we'll be having a march, this time around we will be marching from the Gosford waterfront like we have done before, to the stadium. At this stage we will be marching underneath the bridge and through the gates on the western side. Meet at the boat ramp at about 3:45pm for an approx. 4pm march for the 5pm kickoff. Lets get behind the boys with only 2 home games to go.

In addition to the Pre-game march that is happening from the Gosford Waterfront, the Post game function is back this week. It will be held after the game in the Scenic room across in the Leagues Club. Make sure you get there, there will also be an insight on how the club and its supporters are working building a closer relationship with the club.

Phish Phart

Central Coast Mariners Squad: 1. Mathew Ryan (Gk), 2. Daniel McBreen, 3. Joshua Rose, 4. Pedj Bojic, 5. Zachary Anderson, 6. Patrick Zwaanswijk, 7. John Hutchinson (c), 8. Adriano Pellegrino, 9. Bernie Ibini, 11. Oliver Bozanic, 13. Brent Griffiths, 14. Michael McGlinchey, 15. Brad McDonald, 16. Trent Sainsbury, 17. Anthony Caceres, 18. Nick Montgomery, 19. Mitchell Duke, 20. Justin Pasfield (Gk), 21. Mile Sterjovski, 29. Nick Fitzgerald (Five to be omitted)
Ins: 8. Adriano Pellegrino, 13. Brent Griffiths, 15. Brad McDonald, 17. Anthony Caceres, 29. Nick Fitzgerald (all promoted)
Unavailable: 23. Adam Kwasnik (knee – season)

Why don't they just list the Unavailable because it seems all the usual suspects, if available, will be in the squad automatically. :popcorn:

Gratis

i heard Mulvey saying they're going to pressure hard all game to take advantage of weariness. kind of suspecting Arnie'll use the tactics that they just used in japan but utilising more regulars.

apparently Bojic was left in Aus as his back wasn't right after the Syd game. hope he recovers quick - he is very important to the success of this side!

also do you think this writer at FFA was just waiting for a chance to lay the boot in or what? idiot.

"Central Coast Mariners v Brisbane Roar: Is the dream over for the Mariners?
While we have no doubt Graham Arnold is likely making them listen to Crowded House’s Don’t Dream it’s Over on repeat, here’s the skinny for Central Coast: you have a mathematical chance of winning the Premier’s Plate. You hear that? A mathematical chance.

That means your dreams are shattered. You have blown this and are on your way out the arena faster than Greg Norman left Augusta National in 1996 after blowing a six-shot lead over Nick Faldo.

What are we saying? Well for those of you who can’t read between the lines, we are saying the Mariners have choked and the stigma remains as their dream season turns into a recurring nightmare you just can’t wake up from, and now as if on cue Brisbane Roar are arriving to make their nightmares absolute terrors.

In the last few seasons the Roar represent the Mariners’ worst fears and this time it won’t be any different because the Roar are hunting a finals spot and would like nothing more than to knock the Mariners off on their home turf."

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/The-Big-Five-Questions--round-25/63020

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred