• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R24: Melb Heart vs CC Mariners

midfielder

isn't the term "boy" still a bit racist?

No ... in the US it would be .. but the term as far as I am aware has never been used in a racist way in Australia... more over its been a favourable expression ie good on you son / boy / etc...

The reference is to one of the most iconic movies ever made in Australia ... if you can watch this movie and not shed a tear it is said you are not human... the movie is called """Storm Boy""' released in 1976 ... below is the full movie ... so Storm Roux in the flow of nicknames of the post .... must the same way as others have named Anderson... Chesty or Bond because of his likeness to the old ad run by Bonds...

Enjoy Storm Boy show your girl friend and bring a tissue box ... you will also be surprised who stars in this as it started and helped develop many fine Australian actors..

Again enjoy ...

Last edited:

midfielder

I wasn't too sure cos

Bert would be one of the lest racial people in Australia ... he used the term much like it was used within the Australian context... he failed to appreciate who he was talking to and where he was from...

A few years years ago a friend of mine a teacher at TAFE had to appear before a formal proceeding in a racial abuse case because he broke the class into different colours and her said to one girl she was in the red group which brought her to tears [not fake] and she started screaming .... in the town she came from in Eastern Europe the colour red stood for girls of the night and women of loose morals .. she believed by placing her in the red team he was saying she was a slut to everyone in the class.... months latter and after lots of investigations hand shakes and everyone understanding the other side it was all solved .. I mention this not to excuse but to say sometimes it can be hard as with Bert above he took a local saying and placed it in the wrong context...

However watch the movie as I said with a tissue box a lady and a glass of Hunter Red ... it starts a tad slow but IMO one of the best movies ever made in Australia ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred