• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R23: Sydney FC v CCM at Allianz

Big Al

Will they underestimate us after the big blue or will the fright we gave them last time mean they are ready for us?

pjennings

Danny`s antics should have been nipped in the bud long before his GF brainfart.
It`s taken a long time for him to get back in the aussie squad but I believe marriage, kids & personal heartbreak have done him good & he`s a better person for it.
Also a better keeper for it too!

True - his antics should have been stopped well before. But it was League wide and not something confined to Danny.

The previous week Milligan repeatedly poked Shields in the chest with no repercussions. Months after the game and his retirement Shields apologised to Lawrie (at least according to someone quoting Lawrie - ). The story is that Shields admitted he and one of the assistants were unsighted. The other assistant (the further one away) supposedly saw and called the handball. Shields, in spite of the fact he was unsighted decided to ignore his assistant. apparently he had been criticised for not censuring Milligan and so made a point with Danny, which he regretted some time after in hindsight.

What irked me about the game was the way during the game Shields would put his arm around Jets players and even help them up. Something that wasn't done to or for any of our players. Not a conspiracy - just an observation that annoyed me.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

True - his antics should have been stopped well before. But it was League wide and not something confined to Danny.

The previous week Milligan repeatedly poked Shields in the chest with no repercussions. .
I'm still angry about that. Not only at Shield, but the despicable, disgusting MRP who should have done something about that afterwards. But they also did nothing about the sack whack.

Why does this shit always seem to happen when it involves our game?

Was glad to see Shield's retirement myself.

At least the FFA did 'suspend' Danny's suspension so he could make his Olyroos appearances - given Danny's suspension was a mandatory minimum, I never really had any complaints with the FFA as such, I thought they accommodated Danny as much as possible without completely ignoring their own rules. Nobody could say Danny shouldn't have been suspended - and as far as things being 'league wide', well, the dissent and abuse is clearly still a big problem. The mobbing the ref has gotten worse I think......

But yeah, it was the inconsistency between that and the Milligan incident - which is the problem we've always had.

bikinigirl

. i pulled some numbers from an a-league website before the last time we met and it was no surprise that the Sydney's playing squad had more Mariners games under their belts than the Mariners playing squad :rolleyes: :doh:

. the intervening games should tip the scales the other way ... so now we should be able to play on our our terms :overheadl:

. we can't afford to consider the coaching staff though ... if you do, they are still more Mariners than we are :mad:

Forum Phoenix

No one commenting? Friday night game indeed.

We lack that final ball and cohesion in the front third. Defence looked like they would rip us apart early, but has settled well now. Zullos killer cross aside.

Appiah doing well but could release earlier.
We,ve missed two free headers. Roy's on the run is harder than Fabs, but then again he's the striker. No reason they shouldn't have scored both.

Last edited:

pjennings

2nd half so frustrating. Cheap possession we give away too much ball .

It was frustrating from Sydney too. The pitch was terrible - it got worse - and then the dew set in. If the ball wasn't bobbling, players were slipping. Made for a very poor spectacle from both teams. Sydney deserved the win They looked very dangerous before the pitch cut up too much and then we didn't seem to apply any pressure. Good game from Ivan - MoM for me as well.

Wombat

Simply in Goal Keeping terms after tonight....... Izzo can f**k off.....NOW!
I've never seen him save a penalty and obviously he is a friggin train wreck on Free kicks.
I dont want to see him sully our jersey again.
Your not our worst keeper (Trott, Redders and Pasfield ) beat you but you are close. Your lack of gratitude after you disgraced yourself last season make me never want to see you again.

true believer

Simply in Goal Keeping terms after tonight....... Izzo can f**k off.....NOW!
I've never seen him save a penalty and obviously he is a friggin train wreck on Free kicks.
I dont want to see him sully our jersey again.
Your not our worst keeper (Trott, Redders and Pasfield ) beat you but you are close. Your lack of gratitude after you disgraced yourself last season make me never want to see you again.
harsh , but fair

Blackadder

Happy as can be after a loss, at least the application was there.
Looking forward to the Off season to see how Paolo molds the squad for next year.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
they had us rattled for the first 15, then we joined the game....pity our work in the final third is virtually toothless ....I said earlier that Bingaz and Roy should be up front at the same time....pity no one told anyone they were there....as for keeping , how about Crazy Ivan...outstanding , he dove to the left, he dove to the right, he stopped penalties all fkn night ...IzWho?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred