• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R2 - Central Coast Mariners vs Macarthur FC at home

Stuartmcateer

My concern is that with Theo having started on Thursday we might have bloody Wilson until he gets hooked
I would be interested to see how Wilson goes in a more central role. I don’t think he is a wide player. He seems lost out there and doesn’t really have the crossing to deliver.

He looked reasonable for victory last year but he was up the guts rather than out on a wing. Made some good direct runs out of midfield.

FFC Mariner

I would be interested to see how Wilson goes in a more central role. I don’t think he is a wide player. He seems lost out there and doesn’t really have the crossing to deliver.

He looked reasonable for victory last year but he was up the guts rather than out on a wing. Made some good direct runs out of midfield.
Well he won't get anywhere near our midfield will he?

Stuartmcateer

Well he won't get anywhere near our midfield will he?
Obviously. And I wasn’t suggesting he would force niz or max or tulio out.

Just pointing out that Monty obviously saw something he could use. He offers a different option in the middle of the park to what we have. What I saw last year was a very direct runner, able to beat a player or break from midfield to support an attack.

Seems like we are trying to make a square peg fit in a round hole.

We have plenty of games and if we are clear top when terranganu come in a month it might be a good chance to try it and give niz and max a rest.

FFC Mariner

Just pointing out that Monty obviously saw something he could use. He offers a different option in the middle of the park to what we have. What I saw last year was a very direct runner, able to beat a player or break from midfield to support an attack.

We have plenty of games and if we are clear top when terranganu come in a month it might be a good chance to try it and give niz and max a rest.
Tapp and Steele are ahead of him.

Stuartmcateer

Tapp and Steele are ahead of him.
Steele is exactly the same as niz and max. Bringing him in is like for like. From the limited game time Tapp looks the same but better than all 3.

I think Wilson can offer something a little different. Monty obviously thought so.

He hasn’t set the world on fire but he’s only 21 and at a new club. He has most likely moved away from home for the first time and away from his family.

Max wasn’t great in his first season and Niz wasn’t the player he is now day 1 either.

What puzzles me is people are willing to give paull time because he is young but not give Wilson a similar break.

Wombat

Steele is exactly the same as niz and max. Bringing him in is like for like. From the limited game time Tapp looks the same but better than all 3.

I think Wilson can offer something a little different. Monty obviously thought so.

He hasn’t set the world on fire but he’s only 21 and at a new club. He has most likely moved away from home for the first time and away from his family.

Max wasn’t great in his first season and Niz wasn’t the player he is now day 1 either.

What puzzles me is people are willing to give paull time because he is young but not give Wilson a similar break.
Wilson has been rank every game. He was starting to kop some abuse from the fans around me on Thurs. Wilson doesn't deserve any more chances. Certainly not as a starter.

Paull has been ok but with some brain farts.

Most people can see a player inside Paull......but he is also running out of opportunities. already some are suggesting Hall and Kaltak.

Wombat

Monty was not sentimental. Play shit like Wilson and you will be gone like Aquilina, Ruhs and Ayongo....other players that he thought he could use.

scottmac

Suspended
Monty was not sentimental. Play shit like Wilson and you will be gone like Aquilina, Ruhs and Ayongo....other players that he thought he could use.
Yeah Monty also continued to start Kaltak when the knives were out for him on here more than the 3 you just named. This forum doesn't have the best track record when judging new players performances and also loves having a replacement for said player that's done nothing to deserve it

Stuartmcateer

He also played those players in their preferred positions - and they were still shit.

Dan hall struggles if he plays outside CB but is handy in the middle.

Remember that silvera was absolutely horrible in his first stint with us. Couldn’t pass. Crap touch. Lost the ball every time he ran it. Fell over in a gentle breeze. To be honest he was like that at the start of last year too - but it clicked.

Stuartmcateer

Wilson has been rank every game. He was starting to kop some abuse from the fans around me on Thurs. Wilson doesn't deserve any more chances. Certainly not as a starter.
I’m not suggesting he should be a walk up start or that he has been playing well.

And I certainly don’t understand the abuse for any player (criticism sure but not abuse). There was a bit of it where I was but it was mainly young kids in ccu jackets.( As if anyone from there has the right to abuse someone for performances when they got relegated across the board).

booney

I’m not suggesting he should be a walk up start or that he has been playing well.

And I certainly don’t understand the abuse for any player (criticism sure but not abuse). There was a bit of it where I was but it was mainly young kids in ccu jackets.( As if anyone from there has the right to abuse someone for performances when they got relegated across the board).
Could not agree more.Some so called fans too ready to tear young players apart.Maybe some justification in abuse of players like Bozanic( a seasoned pro) or Ziggy( likewise) but not in players new to the club and possibly being played out of position.

Tim

mate of mine was at the game v Bali and when Warcharsky nutmegged hisself , some blow in wearing every conceivable mariners item screamed "where not winning this year", grabbed his family and left....f**kwit
The club can do without fans like that. As for giving it to Wilson or others, suggest the relevant fan/s throw on a jersey and boots, trial for the team and demonstrate they can do better….
If a player is trying his best, he was signed for a reason and he deserves our support…

Meerkat

Agree 100%. There is no place for it. At the game or on social media where players, families, friends etc read it.

Tell the whole team to get their shit together sure, but out and out abuse is never ok. I wasn’t comfortable with the way Jack got targeted after the OG on Thursday, either, every time the ball went near him. We aren’t Scotland.

true believer

The club can do without fans like that. As for giving it to Wilson or others, suggest the relevant fan/s throw on a jersey and boots, trial for the team and demonstrate they can do better….
If a player is trying his best, he was signed for a reason and he deserves our support…
This

Michael

This is a fair call, but also…. As paying members/fans we’re entitled to an opinion. Yeah it shouldn’t go so low to be toxic like the example Recky used above. That’s f**ked up.
I personally hate the argument “chuck some boots on and do better” though. Just because a fan never reached pro level doesn’t mean they aren’t knowledgeable enough to know a player either isn’t good enough or isn’t playing well enough. Not trying to be confrontational, just my 2 cents….
But anyway, a fully fit 18yo Di Pizio plays ahead of Wilson every day of the week, IMO. If theo doesn’t start today I hope Migz does.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred