• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R2 - Central Coast Mariners vs Macarthur FC at home

Ironbark

Just saw the bookies have us as favourites for this...

If it was round 1 I'd understand, but after our last game I was surprised by this.

A win is definitely on the cards, but no Faz or Kaltek leaves us vulnerable for sure

Tevor

Yeah I'm not so confident on this one, the AFC games will be telling for both teams. Whilst I'm hating the wet and cold AFC home games it is best for the players and their recovery. Lets hope it's hot and steamy in Cambodia for the Cows who definitely will have the worst prep of both teams. I'll feel more confident if we play good free flowing football against Bali and the team have moved on from the Rd 1 disaster. Their attack looks menacing so we need to be settled and strong in defence. Aspro clearly their weak link in defence and he will struggle against a marauding Torres.

JoyfulPenguin

If it was round 1 I'd understand, but after our last game I was surprised by this.

A win is definitely on the cards, but no Faz or Kaltek leaves us vulnerable for sure
I get it with us not having to travel for the AFC Cup.

The Bulls also have the depth of a puddle, lose any of Davilla, Germain, De Silva or Baccus and they struggle.

Tevor

I get it with us not having to travel for the AFC Cup.

The Bulls also have the depth of a puddle, lose any of Davilla, Germain, De Silva or Baccus and they struggle.
De Silva injured and still weeks away apparently, he was interviewed at half time last weekend. Not sure of the injury but he is pretty fragile and never plays a full season. Davilla still coming back from his injury and is building but far short of the full threat he can be, doubt they risk him too much in Cambodia.

turbo

I wouldn't read too much into the way the last game unfolded but the absences are the bigger concern. Maybe the Bulls travelling outweighs that in their mind.

Tevor

Will be interesting to see how both teams line up for this one after the AFC games.

Cows line up in AFC was interesting, the game was nil all until 75 mins when they then conceded 3 goals. Interesting Davila and Uskok played the full 90 minutes. These two are key players in the team so tough turn around for them. They also didn't rotate their bench much with most playing more than 70 mins other than Drew who only played 45 mins. Cows with 53% possession and only 6 shots all game. Interesting game plan that didn't work.

For us, definitely no Faz who will be missed so I assume Smith will get a run. Have to assume Kaltak is not playing so I fear what our backline will be like for this one. Given Denzel Wenzel played the full AFC game I expect Kuol to return to the starting line up. Theo's position will be interesting, Wilson to get another start? Was glad MJ gave Niz and Doka a good rest especially with how they were hacking our players. Steele will not doubt play a part and probably more for Max who played a full game. Sunday weather looking hot but not blistering hot fortunately.

I feel this one is a toss of the coin.

turbo

Doesn't tell us much but if Kaltak isn't at least good enough for the bench we only have 5 defenders listed. And no 3rd keeper so Danny needs to be available as a backup at minimum too.

style_cafe

Maybe a change of the day could help avoid confusion …..

Ironbark

Im hearing Danny, Brian and Alou are all good.
If this is true we are very lucky. I had low hopes when they went off. And it's clear how important Kaltek and Vuka are with our porous defence at the moment. Need the game management and composure as much as their abilities...Feels funny that I'm talking about Kaltek's composure when last season there was so much debate about his decision making and getting reds, unfair as a few decisions were.

Even if they don't play this game but are back in a game or two I'll see this as a win

turbo

Feels funny that I'm talking about Kaltek's composure when last season there was so much debate about his decision making and getting reds, unfair as a few decisions were.
That was mostly in last man situations where he had some work to do to avoid forwards looking for a red or where a mistimed tackle could be a red. He was always pretty good at marshalling the backline, dealing with set pieces, etc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred