• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R19 away v Syd FC (Leichhardt)

Big Al

I didnt mind holding the ball in the corner at the end. Better to keep the point away to a top side than try and attack and risk a counter.
I thought our overall game management was excellent yesterday. Proper grown up football.
especially considering our ladder position and chokes. That point is important in the spoon battle and we never looked like scoring so wasn’t going to happen then. I laughed and said how typical of this team at the time but in hindsight it was the show of smarts we have lacked. Except Melling

Josho Howe

Leichhardt Oval was ticked off the ground visited list for me. I am a fan but it needs a modern upgrade. The game, well, not sure how we snagged a draw out of it, but obviously will take it. Sydney easily dominated us when our shitty gameplan is to snag a goal then sit back and invite pressure.

Ozhammer

Gillett has apparently been heard to say that he stands by his decision to award a penalty for the contact on Brosque, even with the benefit of seeing the video replays.

Says it all really, good riddance to him.

Wombat

Corrupt and inept. I've always thought he was more corrupt than inept but not by much..............what a flog.

turbo

I couldn't work out if I was on the Mariners forum or reading the whirlpool Federal Government thread for a second.

Nice. We could go for another federal government parallel and follow Betoota's lead by referring to Mulvey as the nightwatchman.

Timmah

Incredibly, the match review article this week on the HAL website indicated there were question marks over our goal (and cleared it as fine, as it was)... but not the pen?

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/whistle-round-19

In the Sydney and Central Coast game there was discussion about the Mariners first goal, was this checked by the VAR?
In the 36th minute of the match Aiden O’Neill scores for the Mariners. As per the VAR protocol the goal is checked and cleared by the VAR as no offence has occurred.

The VAR footage and VAR audio shows that that Mariners player Stephen Mallon is in an onside position at the time of the shot. His position in relation to the goal keeper is irrelevant when considering a potential offside offence.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Incredibly, the match review article this week on the HAL website indicated there were question marks over our goal (and cleared it as fine, as it was)... but not the pen?

In the Sydney and Central Coast game there was discussion about the Mariners first goal, was this checked by the VAR?
In the 36th minute of the match Aiden O’Neill scores for the Mariners. As per the VAR protocol the goal is checked and cleared by the VAR as no offence has occurred.

The VAR footage and VAR audio shows that that Mariners player Stephen Mallon is in an onside position at the time of the shot. His position in relation to the goal keeper is irrelevant when considering a potential offside offence.
Lol, literally nobody asked about the offside. And we all know VAR doesn't do anything for offside anymore
Wilson is absolutely cooked Pretending theres an offside question but ignoring the joke of a penalty.. Crap like this gives weight to arguments of big club bias

Josho Howe

Redmayne parried the ball into his own net on his own haha

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred