R16 v Brisbane Roar (H)

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by Timmah, Jan 23, 2020.

1. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

I was impressed with Nizzy.
    His passing was crisp and precise and he split the Roar a few times.
    I`d love to see him transition into a 10 and attack the space behind the defenders.
    With some speed on the wings I think even me and Wombat up front would be able to score a few....:popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

For mine a quality player anticipates rather than reacts. Muzz just reacts. A Switched on player is ready for the rebound. Muzz and Simon never are.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

He has played 10 for the youth team and academy. Personally I think he's an 8 not a 10 but just happy to see him on the pitch. Good football brain and a fantastic passer of the ball. No brainer to sign him to a senior contract for next season

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

Been saying this since last season!! Welcome to the team.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Insertnamehere

He also doesn't hang on the shoulder of the last defender. He's always a couple yards inside.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. onto it

onto it Active Member

Totally agree - the old KISS principle applies.
    Even Liverpool played 442 for a long time when consolidating their squad, and our players (sorry lads) just ain't as football intelligent or familiar with each other to play fancy stuff.
    But then I think, do we even have the players for a back 4 to start with? It's going take awhile....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. onto it

onto it Active Member

I honestly haven't yet seen what others have in Kim. He clearly has some talent but is he really a team man? Or, is he happy, being motivated to give his best?
    I see someone who is just marking time, doing a little showboating occasionally, but not putting in a full game or playing a team role in any way. He is all over the paddock and often missing for long spells. I can't even figure what he is supposed to be doing. What's his job?
    Just my two cents worth.

8. onto it

onto it Active Member

Absolutely. Get some f**kin mongrel muzz.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ozhammer

Ozhammer Well-Known Member

It’s probably a combination of factors, a key one of which is the circumstances of why he is here and not Korea. Add to that the fact that he is not a CB or DM and is therefore being asked to play out of position, so it’s not really surprising that he might be viewed as going through the motions somewhat.

That said, it is clear that he is a quality footballer, who we were lucky to pick up but why would he be looking to stay more than a season. The only thing that might influence a decision for him to stay is that he would still be banned from playing if he returned to Korea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

I hear the meet and greet at CCLC after the game was less than outstanding , mind you what a time to try to get the boys to be sociable

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

I know Shaun posted about it before, but I never realised it was on.
    Was it publicised by the club?

12. FFC Mariner

Didnt go due to being at CCLC and totally pissed off about the game.

13. Insertnamehere

Well as you can see it's Kim or DDS. DDS is quickly becoming the new Hoole. Dribbles into a corner or 3 defenders, tries to duck and weave. Doesn't work. Loses the ball. Rinse, repeat. He just does not want to pass and move. Wants to be the hero.
    We need workhorses with smarts. Not heroes.
    If he doesn't change his game soon we need to flick him

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

They put it on the big screen as soon as the game finished and it might have come up at half time as well.

15. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

I am going to swim against the tide here. I actually think DDS is coming into form. He looked a very clever Footballer in the second half. If the header goes in we win and he would have been MOM.
    I have been critical in the past but I feel he might be about to start performing. He is nothing like Hoole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

i though he got to the right position a few times when no one else did .
    ok and here we go .should he play at No9

17. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Arnold tried him up front with the U23s against NZ and he didn’t impress, if he did he would have been at the Olympic qualifiers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Well-Known Member

I have not been overly impressed by his shooting.
    In the first half he passed more but I suspect that if he runs with the ball he does not get his head up or is unable to pick a pass while moving.
    He has ball skills and good instincts he just needs to learn how to beat one and pick a quick pass.

19. shipwreck

shipwreck Well-Known Member

Atleast we've gone from being called the worst team in the league to the unluckiest team in the league

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. FFC Mariner

DDS cant shoot - in all honestry we must be able to do better than a curriculum manufactured step over merchant (see entry under Kekeris P) He is exactly the sort of footballer Monty has got rid of in the NYL side.
    SS is the same - all tricks, no work ethic

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1