• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - F3 Derby #46 (Away)

Pirate Pete

My mate said the same at the beginning of the second half. I asked him if he had ever heard of Brian Flynn? He said no so i said well you know f**k all.............i told him about 60+ caps for Wales and more than 150 games for Leeds and a fan favourite at 5.2ft.....he then conceded that Maradonna and Messi are both midgets.
Who is the best player in Thailand..............Chanathip..................made a fool of Australia last time we played them and he is 5.1ft.

Size is irrelevant if you are good!!!!!
Congratulations. You remembered someone shorter than Billy Bremner. 5 foot 5 by the way.

Antlion

Hehe sorry yeah I know - way off topic but I was just posting a pic of another talented short man: Gary Coleman, 4 ft 8 in as an adult

Forum Phoenix

Brisbane just copped a goal after a questionable missed offside call like we did.
Ours was toght, but not questionable.

VAR farce continues. Mulvey is right, fans are upset. Players can’t even make heads or tail of of it.

How hard is it to bloody say, we check offsides, goals, fouls in or around the box and any decisions that result in a send off.

Refereee does not adjudicate on his own decision after his first call.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Brisbane just copped a goal after a questionable missed offside call like we did.
Indeed. The link does work, trust me. It's just a gfycat link
gfycat.com/AngryAmbitiousEwe

It was definitely offside. Neither the broadcast nor the screen at the ground indicated a VAR review. So, much like a few decisions we've copped (such as the offside leading to Rowles' RC) it seems that the VAR inexplicably didn't even look at it, even though that's part of their mandate.

Young should definitely have been booked for his tirade too.

But once again, VAR has disgraced Australian football. It's become patently unfair - and it's the same muppet causing most of these problems.

Now, the question as to what's going on with that individual is one thing - and I'd hate to think there might be something untoward going on - but the bigger problem is why aren't FFA doing anything about it or holding them accountable for clear errors.

VAR has f**ked this sport. Almost no point playing - it seems to come down to who the VAR decided should win before the game even starts.

Timmah

Indeed. The link does work, trust me. It's just a gfycat link
gfycat.com/AngryAmbitiousEwe

It was definitely offside. Neither the broadcast nor the screen at the ground indicated a VAR review. So, much like a few decisions we've copped (such as the offside leading to Rowles' RC) it seems that the VAR inexplicably didn't even look at it, even though that's part of their mandate.

Young should definitely have been booked for his tirade too.

But once again, VAR has disgraced Australian football. It's become patently unfair - and it's the same muppet causing most of these problems.

Now, the question as to what's going on with that individual is one thing - and I'd hate to think there might be something untoward going on - but the bigger problem is why aren't FFA doing anything about it or holding them accountable for clear errors.

VAR has f**ked this sport. Almost no point playing - it seems to come down to who the VAR decided should win before the game even starts.
While I agree with the overall sentiment on VAR, it's meant to overturn 'clear and obvious errors' - the gif you've shared isn't one. He's not "definitely offside" as you've stated, it was close to in-line and that's based on a diagonal camera angle (and honestly, a questionably drawn offside line).

In summary, I'm fine with no action on the one you've shared but generally VAR's implementation and use has been poor, yes.

style_cafe

Ours was toght, but not questionable.

VAR farce continues. Mulvey is right, fans are upset. Players can’t even make heads or tail of of it.

How hard is it to bloody say, we check offsides, goals, fouls in or around the box and any decisions that result in a send off.

Refereee does not adjudicate on his own decision after his first call.

And all camera angles are to be taken into consideration...:popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred