• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R13 - Over the ditch against the Nix

Tevor

Well since we play tomorrow afternoon I thought I might start this thread.

Nix have better stats than us on all fronts and are in form, we will need a large effort to get something out of this game. Their Mexican has been the find of the season to date and still amazes me that he is the first Mexican to play in the HAL and may not be the last.

Looking at the table we could do with converting some losses into draws to help us keep pace.

style_cafe

Well since we play tomorrow afternoon I thought I might start this thread.

Nix have better stats than us on all fronts and are in form, we will need a large effort to get something out of this game. Their Mexican has been the find of the season to date and still amazes me that he is the first Mexican to play in the HAL and may not be the last.

Looking at the table we could do with converting some losses into draws to help us keep pace.

Wins would be better...:popcorn:

onto it

The midfield fight will be gold, I'm thinking. Duric going well, and Stensness with perhaps something to prove. The Nix have a new lad in Devlin who is making waves so that might be a good contest v Stensness.
The Nix defence is going to be something to crack open. I wish we had a big hard and experienced one like Taylor.
I also hope our D holds fast. Nix have some talent at the front. Hopefully our midfield will keep then ball-less.

style_cafe

This is the type of game where anything can happen.
I`ll be at the Opera house and will probably watch it Sunday morning.
So just strap yourselves in,take a deep breath and hang on for dear life with everything crossed for luck ...:popcorn:

Ozhammer

Rowles is still out with injury I believe, so his presence will again be hugely missed imho.

Not expecting a result from this game but you never know with football, a point or better would be some achievement after the heavy loss to Perth.

marinermick

I believe it is a groin injury, more a niggle than anything major but obviously something that needs to heal.

Groins are a tricky injury. I guess with the short turnaround and the travel to Wellington it is a sensible precaution to leave him out.

Michael

I’m worried about this one, particularly after NYE despite imo Perth just being much better man for man. I feel like it would’ve hurt our confidence and the Nix are really hitting their stride and their combinations are flowing so well whereas we’re still integrating Jair and even Tommy at LB.
Stens also needs to start getting stuck in so much more like he did basically until he signed the new contract.

Forum Phoenix

I’m worried about this one, particularly after NYE despite imo Perth just being much better man for man. I feel like it would’ve hurt our confidence and the Nix are really hitting their stride and their combinations are flowing so well whereas we’re still integrating Jair and even Tommy at LB.
Stens also needs to start getting stuck in so much more like he did basically until he signed the new contract.
I wouldn’t be too nervous, personally I think we’re a much better side than that NYE scoreline suggests and the boys will be pissed off about that loss and keen to get back on the front foot - so I think we can roll them as long as we can put a couple of our chances away this time.

:shoutclap::fireup:

Pirate Pete

I wouldn’t be too nervous, personally I think we’re a much better side than that NYE scoreline suggests and the boys will be pissed off about that loss and keen to get back on the front foot - so I think we can roll them as long as we can put a couple of our chances away this time.

I wish I was as confident as you. I didn't think clicking the little rainbow was enough.
This is for you FP.
raf-750x1000-075-t-fafafa-ca443f4786-u1.jpg

turbo

Agree. At a minimum 1 of the goals was literally from someone falling on their arse and gifting a 1 on 1. Neither of the other two were poor quality from Perth either and we controlled the game pretty well most of the time. Will have to be on our game today though because the nix have a very capable attack on their day. I believe Piscopo is at the U23s and he’s been in good form.

If Rowles is over there and Tongyik isn’t he’d at least have to be a chance on the bench.

Michael

Agree. At a minimum 1 of the goals was literally from someone falling on their arse and gifting a 1 on 1. Neither of the other two were poor quality from Perth either and we controlled the game pretty well most of the time. Will have to be on our game today though because the nix have a very capable attack on their day. I believe Piscopo is at the U23s and he’s been in good form.

If Rowles is over there and Tongyik isn’t he’d at least have to be a chance on the bench.

I rate Piscopo. I wanted to have him in our jersey. You’re no slouch if can firstly get a go at inter Milan and then complete your footy apprenticeship there. Bonus he’s out.
Davila has proven to be high quality, Ball is super intelligent, hooper is still getting fit. That Stiepermann is very good too.
I don’t believe they’re miles ahead of us in quality, just a better oiled machine.

Forum Phoenix

I wish I was as confident as you. I didn't think clicking the little rainbow was enough.
This is for you FP.
raf-750x1000-075-t-fafafa-ca443f4786-u1.jpg

I’ll see your rainbow unicorn and raise you five sugar plum fairies.

Nix are decent but I think Staj will out coach Talay and we’re all going to be celebrating on here in a few hours.

Forum Phoenix

I rate Piscopo. I wanted to have him in our jersey. You’re no slouch if can firstly get a go at inter Milan and then complete your footy apprenticeship there. Bonus he’s out.
Davila has proven to be high quality, Ball is super intelligent, hooper is still getting fit. That Stiepermann is very good too.
I don’t believe they’re miles ahead of us in quality, just a better oiled machine.

I think we have them in the middle but they finish better and have been more solid defensively. But Staj is a superior coach, we’re creating and I think our attack is improving..,so for me as long as our defenders don’t fall on their asses too many times, it’s whether we take our chances that will make the difference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami