• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R11 v Adelaide

Tevor

I just don’t think Nisbet is an option until Staj gives him some serious game time. A lot mention him but it is not reflected in the team sheet so until then i’m not rating him as a serious option. He clearly has not impressed Staj that much so far for whatever reason.

turbo

I’m all for seeing more minutes from Nisbet but think you guys have lost it putting him in a starting line up. I’d want to see him go out when we’re running low on energy and losing that forward movement and creativity.

And in a back 4 Rowles won’t give attacking width so you’ll be reliant on someone further up providing that.

style_cafe

I’m all for seeing more minutes from Nisbet but think you guys have lost it putting him in a starting line up. I’d want to see him go out when we’re running low on energy and losing that forward movement and creativity.

And in a back 4 Rowles won’t give attacking width so you’ll be reliant on someone further up providing that.

Why wouldn`t Rowles give us attacking width?
We`ve seen him get forward before on occasions & with Staj pushing him further up who knows what he`s capable of.
As for Nissy, I think he`s good enough to start with some decent players around him.
He does it week in week out at training.
Or is he just to small to be a starter?
Show some faith...:popcorn:

true believer

Why wouldn`t Rowles give us attacking width?
We`ve seen him get forward before on occasions & with Staj pushing him further up who knows what he`s capable of.
As for Nissy, I think he`s good enough to start with some decent players around him.
He does it week in week out at training.
Or is he just to small to be a starter?
Show some faith...:popcorn:

the one time we didn't have rowles a cb .we were f'n horrid .
i do like stens at dm and think .he's been one of the best week in week out .
i like the idea of oar at lb and he can't be worse than clisby
i also thought milan was below par last week
kim organising at the back last week was pretty good

==================== BIRIGHITTI==================

Defense == MILLER, == GORDON == ROWLES=== OAR

=== KIM C ===stens

Mids == SILVERA === DESILVA===DURIC

Striker ============== BRITTO [Jair] =============

Subs===GG ===RUIZ-DIAZ ===MUZZER === DEFENDER

kim slides into the back line when tommy and miller are going forward .
works for me

Last edited:

turbo

We`ve seen him get forward before on occasions
I don’t think I’ve ever seen him look comfortable going forward like Clisby does. Does the defensive stuff quite well but looks more out of his element the further forward he gets in open play.

marinermick

I think it is a poor coaching option to move your best centre back out to left fullback just to plug a hole and just because he is left footed.

You are now putting one of your best players in a position where he is not his best as well as weakening the position he has just left.

Reactions: adz

FFC Mariner

Until we can get an AL level left back then Rowles needs to come across to cover and LM needs to drop back more
He is our weakest link and teams now know to hammer us down his side.
Hopefully we can fix it in January

Insertnamehere

Until we can get an AL level left back then Rowles needs to come across to cover and LM needs to drop back more
In theory it's a simple fix. The LCB needs to slide across into the channel when the LWB is up the field and we lose the ball. You then have a DM or your RWB step into a CB spot.
We have an awful habit of ball watching and not preempting the flow of the game.

turbo

Rowles on the left of a back 3 is fine because his role is still within his comfort zone and he’s not expected to be further forward which would also reduce our strength at the back. At the start of the season I would have said I don’t think we can pull off a back 3 but if we’re prepared to play Kim or GG in CB I think we can put together a decent back 3 along with Ziggy and Rowles. We also had the issue of needing to play Oar in a more advanced role due to lack of a striker.

Playing that way reduces our dependence on Clisby and any defensive mistakes he might make (remember last weeks goal was at least 3 players fault) but he still needs to be able to deliver the crosses expected of a LWB which he’s had some issues with so I’d like to see Oar try that role.

Having Jair opens up formation options for us that wouldn’t have worked a few weeks ago

Forum Phoenix

I just don’t think Nisbet is an option until Staj gives him some serious game time. A lot mention him but it is not reflected in the team sheet so until then i’m not rating him as a serious option. He clearly has not impressed Staj that much so far for whatever reason.

I agree, though I think the fact he’s making the bench and had a few minutes considering our midfield depth says Staj does actually value him.

I think he’s ready and able to step up, I just think the competition is too steep for him right now. Much better, safer and smarter than GG on the ball, but lacks the size, physicality and experience so is missing out. Also pull out GG and Stens and we start becoming a very small side. Tricky.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I wouldn’t start him yet either. But I can see the reasoning. Definitely been games where the lack of quality on the ball he has under pressure is exactly why we’ve been losing the midfield battle.

Forum Phoenix

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him look comfortable going forward like Clisby does. Does the defensive stuff quite well but looks more out of his element the further forward he gets in open play.

Clisby doesn’t look comfortable at all imo. But more comfortable than Rowles... *chuckle* yeah that’s a given.

Forum Phoenix

Exactly. We lost against Sydney because of one simple coaches note to take free kicks fast down that side and that little thing undid all the other good work.

FFC Mariner

Staj has bemoaned our slow starts before the Sydney game (Roar away for one). Somehow our players dont seem "at it" and have no whiteline fever.
Needs to rev them up

jacobsfl

I'm a fan of Rowles. Whilst inexperienced, he's shown more dedication than Fox and more talent than Tongyik. I feel with him and Ziggy central, it just makes sense unless Fox pulls his head in. Miller looks great, leave him as is. I know Clisby had a shocker, but we're just going to have to stick it out with him. So long as he isn't crossing it, he's been fine.

Nisbet....... eh. Looks talented. I presume he's quick, so I would prefer him playing 20- minutes off the bench when we need that speed, but he wouldn't look particularly out of place playing in DDS' role. I feel he could learn a lot of Milan and DDS, and could adapt to a starting role. As long as he's committed, I'd have no real complaints should he get a start. I'd just like to see us get on track with our regulars (DDS, Silvera, Oar, Milan) before we start to play around with young kids.

In my opinion, Matt Simon is finished. I really can't see what he adds to the team now that Jair is there. Murray does have a future with the club, but after watching the academy kids over the past couple of Y-League games, I think he's run out of borrowed time. If I were chair, he would've been gone after that Brisbane game last season. But he's still got time to prove me wrong.

Bring Stensness back deeper, please!

We weren't awful against Sydney, but we need to restore that 4-2-3-1 we had against Perth.

We can win this week, I've got a good feeling Jair has found his grove centrally. Keep Kim on McGree and make sure he's contained, and we have a damn good chance of winning this week.

That's my two cents

Michael

Side note the nix going a step further than we did with Sydney last week. Up at half time.

I want david ball. Hasn’t scored many but he’s a fantastic forward, so intelligent and works so hard. He’d score more in a different system.

shipwreck

Were we ever in the running for David Ball? Sounds familiar for some reason.

Are Wellington a better resourced club than us? They have the massive disadvantage of having to fly internationally every second game and yet consistently do better.... Why?

FFC Mariner

Were we ever in the running for David Ball? Sounds familiar for some reason.

Are Wellington a better resourced club than us? They have the massive disadvantage of having to fly internationally every second game and yet consistently do better.... Why?
They have had previous good coaches, we didnt. They recruited well. We havent recently (Simon, Judas, Clisby,Shabow,Melling, Kennedy, Hoole etc etc etc) it will take a while to get the dead wood wage thieves out. We are 2 or 3 transfer windows from undoing the damage of the past.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb