• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R11 v Adelaide

Charlie1

Wow this is a huge game for us. We have missed out on points this year which we should of got. There are no more excuses of we played better we deserved something out of the game. It is all about points on the board if we want to make the top six which I think we can we need to start winning games. Feeling confident come on boys let’s get on a winning streak

turbo

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/gameday-squad-staj-names-his-squad-mariners-return-home

1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4. Eunsun KIM, 6.Giancarlo GALLIFUOCO, 7. Milan ÐURIĆ, 9. Jordan MURRAY, 10. Tommy OAR, 11. Daniel DESILVA, 12. Adam PEARCE (gk), 15. Kye ROWLES, 16. Dylan FOX, 17.Samuel SILVERA, 18. Gianni STENSNESS, 19. Matthew SIMON, 23. Mario SHABOW, 26.Joshua NISBET, 27. Lewis MILLER, 29. Jair BRITTO, 30. Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ

INS: 9. Jordan MURRAY (Return from Injury), 10. Tommy OAR (Return from Illness), 16. Dylan FOX (Promoted)

OUTS: 21. Ruon TONGYIK (Not Selected)

midfielder

Massive game for us at home ...

This is a Turn The Corner game ....

Very important IMO to get a win..

My run team from the squad above.

==================== BIRIGHITTI==================

Defense == MILLER, == GORDON === FOX === ROWLES

Mids == SILVERA === DESILVA === KIM == ÐURIĆ === OAR

Striker ============== BRITTO [Jair] =============

Subs===
GALLIFUOCO ... Kim & Duric all similar players going for the same role, replace Kim when he runs out of steam
Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ [ very, very,very, very impressed by him last week when he came on as a sub]
STENSNESS
NISBET
HHHHMMMM eeerrrr MURRY over Simon

Side note DDS to play intelligent to match his skill... if I have an issue with DDS he looks flashy at times and runs out of options.

turbo

If everyone is healthy Staj could switch things up but it would be hard to argue against setting up the same way and playing Oar in the left wing back role over Clisby. He's less defensively minded but Clisby was playing very high anyway. Like Sydney we need to match Adelaide in the middle to have a decent chance at the win.

Ozhammer

McGree still out for AU, so that’s a big plus for us, as they haven’t looked the same team without him recently.

I see that our ‘mate’ Fielding is the Ref, so expect another bout of quality officiating.....:mad:

FFC Mariner

We seem to have a period of about 15/20 minutes per game where we are on top
Sadly, we haven't been able to get the 2 or so goals to change the game.
Adelaide at home was a case in point. We were 1 up and totally in control but couldn't get that critical second goal.
Then we got 'Clisby'd"

Forum Phoenix

If everyone is healthy Staj could switch things up but it would be hard to argue against setting up the same way and playing Oar in the left wing back role over Clisby. He's less defensively minded but Clisby was playing very high anyway. Like Sydney we need to match Adelaide in the middle to have a decent chance at the win.

Agree. Oar clearly has a better engine than Clisby - so at least he’ll be able to track players when they break unlike Clisby.

I’m genuinely not sure what Staj will do, he’s given himself options. But he has to be mostly happy with last weeks performance.

Forum Phoenix

We seem to have a period of about 15/20 minutes per game where we are on top
Sadly, we haven't been able to get the 2 or so goals to change the game.
Adelaide at home was a case in point. We were 1 up and totally in control but couldn't get that critical second goal.
Then we got 'Clisby'd"

I know you don’t rate him. But I really do think Jair is a cut above what we’ve had. That said even the best strikers have poor periods and he’s only just back into first team football... but that doesn’t matter. We can’t afford “development time” at the pointy end. No excuses, our starting striker must score at least every game imo.

turbo

Agree. Oar clearly has a better engine than Clisby - so at least he’ll be able to track players when they break unlike Clisby.
As long as he has appropriate instructions so we don’t find him up in the corner when we need to be tracking back I think it can work. Needs to stick to that area between the boxes more rather than being sent running for long balls that we weren’t playing much last week.

Elite

Echoing others here...absolute must win to have any glimmer of hope for the remainder of the season. Can't bloody wait to see that beautiful stadium again on Sunday and fingers crossed, walk out with the 3 points.

Hopefully Jair makes his mark and with Tommy back that's enough to get us the chocolates.

style_cafe

The problem we have is too many similar type players in the midfield and not enough cover for Lb,Rb and striker.
Ziggy has been outstanding in that he can cover 3-4 positions and having Fox back may allow Rowles to move to left back,thus plugging a weakness there. Miller has been ok at right back so a back 4 as per Middies team looks quite good.

In the midfield though Stens has played well every game so to drop him would be a bit harsh and GG has lifted a bit in the last few games but then we have Kim who`s also a similar type player.
I`d go Stens and Kim as the DM`s with GG on the bench.
creative mids we have DDS ,SS, Djuric, Oar and Nissy.
If we play 5 across the midfield as we did last week i`d like to see DDS wide right, Nissy in the centre with Djuric wide left leaving Oar and SS on the bench.
DDS needs someone alongside him that can can play a wall pass and can give him the service he needs.
He can be a dynamic player but just hasn`t found the right player to be able to play him out of a tight space and I think Nissy could be just that player. Also with Djuric on the left it allows him to cut inside for the right foot shot and allows Rowles to get forward with decent cover.

Jair basically picks himself as does Birras.

Therefore, we`d look like this:-
....................... Birras .........................
Miller........Ziggy..........Fox..........Rowles
................Kim................Stens
DDS.................Nissy..............Djuric
....................... Jair ..........................
Bench....Oar, SS, GG, Ruiz-Diaz, Pearce

GG covers any of the back 6
Oar covers the midfield left side
SS covers the midfield right side
Diaz covers the AM and striker

I`m not one to have set players to replace at set times.
If a player is doing well reward him by keeping him on,but if a player is struggling then by all means replace him.
Just my 2c worth...:popcorn:for what it`s worth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb