• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R1 - Mariners v WSW Grand Final Rematch

FFC Mariner

M spider sense tells me Danny won't be back. Just a hunch but he can get one last big payday in Aisa and at this stage in his career you couldn't blame him.

Fitzy, Flores and Wee Mac playing behind Dukey or Matty is going to tear some side a new arsehole at some point this season

eenfish

M spider sense tells me Danny won't be back. Just a hunch but he can get one last big payday in Aisa and at this stage in his career you couldn't blame him.

Fitzy, Flores and Wee Mac playing behind Dukey or Matty is going to tear some side a new arsehole at some point this season

I love Danny, but we don't need a striker as old as him, regardless of how in form he is, when we got Duke and Simon. No hate on him at all if he takes the payday. Would welcome him back as a coach.

dibo

I'll be happy either way. His 20-odd goals last year were brilliant, and if you're good enough you're young enough. But if he can be appropriately superannuated through a good stint in China, neither he nor his family will regret it later, and we shouldn't either.

rbakersmith

eenfish

I'm not so sure about that... if you look at his Twitter feed it sounds very much like he's looking forward to coming back and playing with us - for example, this one from Thursday:

He also posted this cheeky response, so the mariners are still in his thoughts.

tumblr_mu2ykhbWZS1qdk9o1o1_1280.png

Forum Phoenix

I think Danny would offer a lot and I hope he does come home.

@ Wombat fair point, last year GA made me more accepting of two DM's, but I confess I've never been a fan either.

Big Al

I think two defensive DM's are a must while the new defensive unit gels.

But I do think we are missing someone who can dribble it up the guts from deep or around half way to create something different in attack.

WSW knew exactly what we were going to do in the 1st half & picked us off pretty easily.

priorpeter

I'm not so sure about that... if you look at his Twitter feed it sounds very much like he's looking forward to coming back and playing with us - for example, this one from Thursday:

He's been pretty frustrated with the way things have gone over there from the looks of things... Hashtags such as #ThirdWorld and #CerealBoxDegree when talking about the 'quality' of his team's doctors, among a few other snipes on twitter... I think he'll be back.

12th player

I think two defensive DM's are a must while the new defensive unit gels.

But I do think we are missing someone who can dribble it up the guts from deep or around half way to create something different in attack.

WSW knew exactly what we were going to do in the 1st half & picked us off pretty easily.

We have that someone that can dribble and create something different: Caceres.
Refer to 2nd goal.

eenfish

I think WeeMac will be the answer to that as soon as he is back from NZ national duties

Totally agree with this. Did you see all the heat Flores got and he was still able to mastermind the goal. When Tommy Rogic was soaking up the same amount of heat last year, WeeMac was doing brilliantly. Either they do the same and leave WeeMac open/one-on-one'd while trying to stop Flores, or they try to cover both guys equally and we'll butcher them either way. Can't wait for the little man to return.

Also, if Storm keeps up his Week 1 performance, I don't see why he won't get some time with the All-Whites as well.

serious14

Good to see Hutchinson playing with his typical libero flair, leaving Monty to do the grunt work. Frees the wingbacks up to run riot etc.

This I like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred