• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Purr vs Mainers

Avoca

The upside is we’ve started to look sharp (at times), in our last couple of games. I feel the positive momentum is finally building for a win against Newcastle this Saturday night. Knowing we’re second on the table is also a mental boost, although, the A-League is super tight this season. I’m still feeling confident.

FFC Mariner

Without Marco and DDS, we simply had no creativity so were reduced to lumping balls into the box and hoping.
Simon and Kuol are right off the boil too.
All in all a decent point considering

My main gripe with Staj is we scream for a 433 with Niz, Ollie and Stens in the middle with Marco, Simon and DDS as the front 3.

Or Marco on his own and DDS and Bouman on the flanks

Thought Miller went ok up against Chumpness

true believer

best game from stens this year mom
tonyik is a future mariners captain (fmc) and the hero of the coastie people

bouman should of been sub instead of kuol
olli looked better after 9 days rest . i would bench him against the scum
miller did ok . i would have liked him to cop a yellow smacking champness
clisby love
nizzy is really 6'3"

Insertnamehere

Few observations from being there live.

Nigro was a complete mismatch for Champness. Miller was heaps better but kept letting him cut in.

Clisby was fairly absent. A few errors in defence and played too narrow.

Ruon, Rowles, Niz, Oli, Stens looked good. Niz isolated too often. In fact we were too isolated up front in a heap of attacks.

Bouman doesn't look like he has the motor for our style.

Simon marks out of it by whoever the CB was. Hardly won a header against him.

Alou is gone. His work rate has completely disappeared.

Was happy with the early subs.

We played too narrow in attack and then get stuck in central congestion.

Draw was a fair result but the game deserved goals.

true believer

Few observations from being there live.

Nigro was a complete mismatch for Champness. Miller was heaps better but kept letting him cut in.

Clisby was fairly absent. A few errors in defence and played too narrow.

Ruon, Rowles, Niz, Oli, Stens looked good. Niz isolated too often. In fact we were too isolated up front in a heap of attacks.

Bouman doesn't look like he has the motor for our style.

Simon marks out of it by whoever the CB was. Hardly won a header against him.

Alou is gone. His work rate has completely disappeared.

Was happy with the early subs.

We played too narrow in attack and then get stuck in central congestion.
yeah nah

kuol dew a yellow, close range fouls and 3 corners . beat champness at our end .easily our offensive best

clisby did as good a job on danzarki as anyone

scottmac

Suspended
I'm not sure what everyone is seeing in Ollie. I think he's spending way too much time on the ball rather than moving it quickly and is failing to move to space after passing. Even clisby got stuck into him for being static tonight........I think he's having a really poor spell.

midfielder

Only the Cows IMO have a better run home, I have listed the teams that our biggest threat to making the finals and their run home.

Our run home
Jerks
MCity
Cows
Jerks
WU

Roar run Home
Piss Ants
Jerks
MCity
Poachers FC
Glory
SFC

AU run Home
MCity
Roar
Perth
MV
SFC
Poachers FC

SFC run Home
WU
MV
Poachers FC
Piss Ants
Roar

Cows run home
MV
Perth
Mighty Mariners
WU
Nux

Poachers FC run Home
Perth
SFC
Nux
Roar
Piss Ants

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Well, I'm going to be unpopular. Why are so many saying Stens was immense/good etc? I agree he breaks up the play. My issue is, he does it for both teams. The amount of times he has a forward or sideways pass option and passes backwards is rediculous. It allows the defenders to get into shape and position and slows down our attack. I know the counter argument is that his passing forward is appalling but we know this already. Watching Nizzy trying to turn forward at any chance for the players in front of him is great. Nizzy just needs to add goals.

Corsair

Used to be a big Miller fan but have realised he stands off players far too much and allows them to cross or shoot.

Nizzy was MOM for me, think the conditions favoured him. Big work rate tonight as well.

shipwreck

Agree, watching from the ground level Nizzy was almost unplayable.

He received and turned his man every time without losing posession.

Stens is very good at faking one way, shielding the ball and then cutting it back inside to give himself space, this entire iteration takes time however and allows all the other defenders the time to mark up. Oli is kind of similar, u very rarely see him lose the ball, but you also rarely see him break open defence with a one touch through ball etc

Ads

Well, I'm going to be unpopular. Why are so many saying Stens was immense/good etc? I agree he breaks up the play. My issue is, he does it for both teams. The amount of times he has a forward or sideways pass option and passes backwards is rediculous. It allows the defenders to get into shape and position and slows down our attack. I know the counter argument is that his passing forward is appalling but we know this already. Watching Nizzy trying to turn forward at any chance for the players in front of him is great. Nizzy just needs to add goals.

Yeah Stens makes the odd very frustrating decision making, or turning on the ball in a much less elegant way then Ollie.

But those crappy moments are about 10% of his overall hard work and contribution which is massive and those poor plays by him are usually not in dangerous positions more right in the centre of the park.

Insertnamehere

That's a good point. I think its broadly a problem for our attacks anyway. But when we do go forward it gets snuffed out by congestion in the guts

Big Al

A point away at Brisbane. Yes please.

Pitch played a huge part but it helped us more than hurt us.

Just missing the final touch early and we looked like we had a great plan and we’re cutting them apart then by 30mins that was gone and it was trench warfare.

Double teaming Champness was good and required. 1 time Miller and Bouhman were lazy he hit the crossbar. Very lucky for us.

Tonyik was awesome, physical presence. MOM for me.

I get scared every time Stens has the ball. Lucky the ref was calling the tight stuff because he got bailed.

Ball just couldn’t be trusted as it would die in patches which made passing and dribbling very hard.

Beat the Jets with Urena on Saturday and this point will look invaluable

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami