• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Purr vs Mainers

Tevor

I see a bus in our future. A bus with 10 roar players on it, in front of Jamie young.
Yep they tried it against Citeh so fully expect their plan A to be well and truly in place against us. Score line flattered the Roar, Citeh hit plenty of wood work and at one stage Roar had scored 2 goals from 3 shots. Just shows how important it is to take your opportunities, something we have not done well for many games. If we miss sitters again we will go down, I'm not expecting us to win to be honest.

Huddo

Yep they tried it against Citeh so fully expect their plan A to be well and truly in place against us. Score line flattered the Roar, Citeh hit plenty of wood work and at one stage Roar had scored 2 goals from 3 shots. Just shows how important it is to take your opportunities, something we have not done well for many games. If we miss sitters again we will go down, I'm not expecting us to win to be honest.
We just need to sit back, make the breaks from mid, I expect an open game, with both teams trying to counter, and not looking to hold the ball up, if the mariners do hold the ball, they'll lose.

turbo

That's one game, think of the points we dropped against Victory they hurt more because it was our mediocre play that cost us not poor referring decisions.
And far more in our control. Dont get me wrong we were robbed against Adelaide but dropping 4 points, nearly 5 was far more damaging.

midfielder

Just on dropped points the late pass to let SFC draw hurts us a lot....

On the Roar game, I feel good about this one, they have been in great form but had a huge built up and then let down in the MCity game and flying and short turn around...

Big Al

If i was to change something up for the Roar I’d go 5 at the back.

Move Hall into start at RB of a solid back 3 with Miller and Clisby as wing backs.

That would mean dropping Stens (won’t happen) and go Olli Niz and DDS with Simon and Koul

The reason being is to suffocate the roar like they did to us. They love to play on the break and use their pace. This would give our backs cover.

Play for a point away from home

Then if we go behind bring on Hatch and Bouhman for Miller and Clisby and move to traditional wingers and play a back 3.

Need to strangle the Roar IMO

Tevor

Just on dropped points the late pass to let SFC draw hurts us a lot....

On the Roar game, I feel good about this one, they have been in great form but had a huge built up and then let down in the MCity game and flying and short turn around...
I don't feel good about it, they handed us our biggest loss at home this season and I've watched them a fair bit this season and they are very similar to us and are in form where we are not. To get two goals against Citeh at AAMI park is no mean feat and for a game in which they were dominated they almost salvaged a draw. We will have to play out of our skins to win and I don't think we have done this for some time and we have always been terrible after long breaks. I hope they prove me wrong but I'm not confident at all. If we don't score at least 3 then we are no chance, time for Nizzy, Stens, Clisby, Nigro, DDS and Oli to hit the back of the net and stop butchering chances. Not enough goals from this lot in my opinion, if they all contributed more then we would maybe still be on top or closer to Citeh.

Big Al

I don't feel good about it, they handed us our biggest loss at home this season and I've watched them a fair bit this season and they are very similar to us and are in form where we are not. To get two goals against Citeh at AAMI park is no mean feat and for a game in which they were dominated they almost salvaged a draw. We will have to play out of our skins to win and I don't think we have done this for some time and we have always been terrible after long breaks. I hope they prove me wrong but I'm not confident at all. If we don't score at least 3 then we are no chance, time for Nizzy, Stens, Clisby, Nigro, DDS and Oli to hit the back of the net and stop butchering chances. Not enough goals from this lot in my opinion, if they all contributed more then we would maybe still be on top or closer to Citeh.
Nah 1 more sleep till we back in 2nd.

Lucky goal off a deflection and two late goals against a tired 10 men team. Where closing down was the problem.

Joey on the hand is a problem and anyone who gives him space to cut in will pay for it but it’s obvious now so don’t give it to him.

They were quite happy to let us control the game which didn’t suit us. Will be interesting to see if they do that at home.

Time for a spirited performance and Koul and Matt are off the yellow card suspension threat so watch out defenders.

2-1 to us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred