• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ps3 or 360

RADINHO

PS3 if you have a high definition TV and then u can also use it as a blu ray DVD player and can save yourself up to $1500  :thumbup:

kepo

if anyone knows anything about gaming its the Xbox by far..
Xbox live is one step ahead..

all this shit about ps3 having better graphics is a load of crap as tests hav shown its identical

Bear

james_sfc said:
if anyone knows anything about gaming its the Xbox by far..
Xbox live is one step ahead..

all this shit about ps3 having better graphics is a load of crap as tests hav shown its identical

He aint trolling

Gameplay is much easier on 360. No difference in graphic either, spot on. Cant comment on the live play cos iv not had an extended go at it.

serious14

A couple of months ago I would have said that Xbox Live was so far ahead of the PSN that there was really no choice in the matter.  However, Sony have really stepped up their game in the last couple of months.  Some huge announcements re: their online services out of E3 as well.

The lead up to Christmas is going to be interesting times indeed.

Sym

I am leaning towards the 360 as it is cheaper, and I have never been a playstation boy, and all I really wanna do is play fifa online :D

serious14

If that's literally your defining thing, then go with Xbox 360.  Far easier to find friends online, and the entire service is unified under the one ID......

kepo

Sym said:
I am leaning towards the 360 as it is cheaper, and I have never been a playstation boy, and all I really wanna do is play fifa online :D
do it,
i have it, its brilliant
also you must have halo 3 with your xbox as that is just mad online

i may also suggest getting it modded or getting ixtreme firmware so u can play burnt games...
thats wat i did and its even better

crooksey

Price: xbox 360 cheaper by $150-200 atm
Graphics: pretty much the same with e xbox probably slightly ahead due to it having being in development longer hence game makers know how to get the most out of the system
Movies: PS3 has a blu-ray player whereas xbox only a standard DVD player
Online gaming: xbox live is roughly $70 a year (12 month starter packs on sale at Target for $59.95 atm) whereas PSN is free...xbox live is far superior and much better integrated and stable and easy to find friends
Games: xbox has a much larger range and more exclusives...ps3 only has MGS4 of any note

and the red rings of death shouldn't be a problem on xbox anymore as all new xboxs from around christmas last year were fitted with newer motherboards and chips to prevent the heating problem that caused probelms on the older models...also all xboxs come with a 3 year warranty and are fixed free of charge should you experience the RROD problem at any stage

so there you go make your mind up from that i guess...if you want bluray and have the extra dosh go the ps3 but if you want wide range of games and excellent online gaming community xbox 360 is the better

i personally have a 360 and can say fifa 08 is great over xbox live  :thumbup:

loyalist

i have a 360 purely because it was cheaper
if i had the money at the time i probz wouldve gotten a ps3

~Floss~

crooksey said:
...if you want bluray and have the extra dosh go the ps3 but if you want wide range of games and excellent online gaming community xbox 360 is the better

Also bear in mind if Blu-ray is a selling point that blu-ray is no better than standard DVD quality unless you have a 1080p (or whatever it is) HD screen. And you can add a HD DVD player to a 360 for roughly $100 extra, i think (less than the price difference of a PS3, but don't quote me on the price I could be wrong)

EastEnder

~Floss~ said:
crooksey said:
...if you want bluray and have the extra dosh go the ps3 but if you want wide range of games and excellent online gaming community xbox 360 is the better

Also bear in mind if Blu-ray is a selling point that blu-ray is no better than standard DVD quality unless you have a 1080p (or whatever it is) HD screen. And you can add a HD DVD player to a 360 for roughly $100 extra, i think (less than the price difference of a PS3, but don't quote me on the price I could be wrong)

Hasn't the backers of HD DVD given up now? So a HD-DVD player is like getting a betamax.

Sacko

Back on topic, just re-watched the video, not quite redtube but hay...

PS3 for me, the blue-ray swung it for me. It was the same with the PS2 being given credit for the spike in the conversion to DVDs and also for the subsequent reduction in price of DVD players - as many people caught on that you got the games machine for free with a DVD player.   

~Floss~

EastEnder said:
~Floss~ said:
crooksey said:

Hasn't the backers of HD DVD given up now? So a HD-DVD player is like getting a betamax.

Quite possibly. I haven't heard anything for a while but my first impression was that specs-wise they were similar (or HD possibly slightly superior) but more DVD production/distribution companies had signed exclusive HD deals compared to Blu-ray, which had virtually none.

That said, these days all you hear about is Blu-ray, and you walk into JB HiFi and they have a special section. You're probably right.

BTW Beta was far superior to VHS as well, but we all know what caught on there (for home use at least).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred