• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ps3 or 360

Sym

Ok all I am torn atm I dunno which one is better and I have to make a decision soon.

I mainly wanna play fifa online

Just wondering what everyone's opinions about which is better are

thanks

.Sym

ps. hope this discussion hasn't been had before.

scottmac

Suspended
Has to be PS3. I have had both and as a unit there is no comparison.

When your up and running with fifa let me know - scottmac is my gamer tag.

Paolo

Atari....end of      close thread
atari%202600%20console%20and%20controllers.jpg

serious14

*looks at entertainment desk*

*notes both are there*

Hmmmmmmm....... Xbox Live is the more unified service, and it's way easier to get into a game with friends.  However, it's $79.95 a year - the Playstation Network is free.

Are you after anything else in particular??  You've got hi-def movies with the PS3, plus far superior media streaming capabilities from your PC.  But _on the whole_, Xbox 360 has the better games (the exception to this rule being Metal Gear Solid 4, easily one of the best games of all time).  Depends if any of these extra features whet your whistle.

Ranyen

The only problem that I have found with 360 is the ring of death, but all in all, we have had no other problems.

Deej

Stuff the Atari Keensy - the Intellivision was a CLASSIC!

230px-Intellivision_-_gi_1326971.jpg

My parents still have mine and it still works after almost 30 years!

Bear

I just had "the red ring" 4 times in 1 month on 4 different second hand 360's. Was going to buy a ps3, but guy at shop gave me a brand new 360 for free.

So 360 is better, cos its free :)

Alicia

Bearinator said:
I just had "the red ring" 4 times in 1 month on 4 different second hand 360's. Was going to buy a ps3, but guy at shop gave me a brand new 360 for free.

So 360 is better, cos its free :)

For non gamers - can you explain the red ring??  Cause from where i'm sitting, it sounds a little suss  :p

Sym

light should be green
but is red so it doesn't work

Something like that basically

Bear

lol, ok. To quote wiki...

"Xbox 360 units that fail early in their life do so because of problems in the system design, parts supply, material reliability, and manufacturing issues as well as a system not tolerant to faults. These issues were alleged to be the end results of the decisions of management in Microsoft's Xbox team and inadequate testing resources prior to the console's release."

In a nutshell, its where the hard drive frys because of overuse, I think. Serious, please elaborate..

Part_Timer

xbox is shit
ps3 is THE shit

game console, pc & blue ray player all in one

bear u tight prick buy a ps3. your new xbox will get the ring too

MrCelery

PS3 by a country mile - new features being added regularly with each update so an already brilliant unit is pulling ahead even further.

I use it 30% for games, 30% as a media server, %30 for a Bluray - well balanced.

Solid as a rock too - never had a hint of any 'blue ring of death-type errors.

Few games to be sure, but mostly the good ones are on the PS3, including the PS3-only 'Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred