• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Preliminary Final: Scum vs Queensland

marinersman

Being completely impartial for a minute, Scum definitely deserved to win. They were the better side.

As I said earlier, I'm glad they got through because there's nobody I'd rather beat in a GF. We have always struggled against the rednecks and I think we will beat the Scum. I wish they weren't in Asia but all that matters is we win next week and our best chance is against the Scum.

We played the perfect game against them last week. The tactics were absolutely spot on and we will do it again.

We'll get a full house next week and the atmosphere will be electric.

I am very confident we'll win. Much more than playing the rednecks, that's for sure.

marinersman

TOPGUN-JIMMY said:
WHATA A FKNNNNN  GAME,

WAS AWESOME  :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

AN NOW TO SEE YOUS BOTH KILL EACH OTHER

HAHAHAHA  2 FKN LITTLE TOWNS GANNA KILL EACH OTHER GRANDFINAL DAY....... :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

MAYBE THE JETS WERE MEANT TO BE THERE AS WELL LAST YEAR AN WE STOLE IT FROM THEM AN GOT DONE 6 NILL OMG.......

WELL DONE JETS WELL DONE....... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Please don't use caps. It's rude and not necessary.

Gav...

thomas477 said:
GO THE JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude do u have a life! you go home from a game and then u go onto another supporters forum!!! bloody scum!!!

you going to lose next sunday. your grand final was today

cmon mariners :pirashoot:

password

it defo looked mroe thn 16000 there imo

defo not a sellout by any stretch but atleast 18000

considering we got more at the perth game tere looked plenty more there tonite

cruiser

Am watching the replay and there's no way that the first penalty to Qld was there, which made the score 1-1 and took it to extra time. Terrible decision by the ref. Newcastle should have won 1-0.

Now I hope we thrash the Scum and I dont care how it's done.

Mattsy

I saw that and the replay, shocking decision.

It'd be a competitive game to watch, you'll be sure of that

FFC Mariner

What a disgraceful crowd. They wanted to host the GF and they cant even turn up for that??

Qld did what they have done for 3 seasons and demonstrated that they have no one who can score on a regular basis. Maybe someone should tell them? Farina's tactic of knocking it long for Kruse & Zullo just didnt work and I think they froze a little bit like they did in Adelaide.

Holland was AWOL (again) and the scum have a real problem in MF. The way they drop deep if winning or being pressed would have ot be a concern to GVE.

Pleasing to see Reddy stuff it up for the goal too.

Wasnt sure that ANY of them were penalties TBH

Alicia

My favorite part of last night's game is when Cockrill was saying the Squadron were going to drink the town dry, then Andy Harper says....if they're old enough  :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:

brett

Jets went back to their multi-tempo build out from the back game that Musialik instigates. The Roar do well at Newcastle because they have 5 quick, mobile midfielders who zip around and make interceptions, then flood forward on the counterattack. In the first half, Queensland's intercept game was winning out because the Jets couldn't get the ball forward and had to dick around with it too much. Queensland created a few chances like this but failed to take them, like only the Roar know how. That is where the game was lost for them.

When the Jets looked to get it forward a bit longer and quicker, they benefited and scored. They scored another legit goal later that was disallowed and really deserved to win before the craziness of the penalties and extra time.

But, like last year with Adelaide, could this now have been the Jets' Grand Final? Will they show up to play us?

rosko

Marcinho must surely have missed more goals than any other 'TEAM' this year... How could he have possibly put it over the bar from what, 5-7mts out..  :piralaugh:

skilbeck

brett said:
Jets went back to their multi-tempo build out from the back game that Musialik instigates. The Roar do well at Newcastle because they have 5 quick, mobile midfielders who zip around and make interceptions, then flood forward on the counterattack. In the first half, Queensland's intercept game was winning out because the Jets couldn't get the ball forward and had to dick around with it too much. Queensland created a few chances like this but failed to take them, like only the Roar know how. That is where the game was lost for them.

When the Jets looked to get it forward a bit longer and quicker, they benefited and scored. They scored another legit goal later that was disallowed and really deserved to win before the craziness of the penalties and extra time.

But, like last year with Adelaide, could this now have been the Jets' Grand Final? Will they show up to play us?

Well two games of 120 min of football has to have been a drain on them. But they may be able to handle it better than most. I reckon if they played like they did last night when we are at our best we would still have at least 1 on them.

Omni

You look at the reaction of their players after the match, that was absolutely their grand final.

And after losing 3-0 they've got to have a bit of doubt.

Mattsy

Realistically, it's a week off for your lot vs regular playing for us.. I'm sure they're drained, but undoubtebly the fact that you've only beat us once (not bragging and if it sounds like I am sorry :( ) in awhile, might lighten their spirits.

Also, with the reaction comment.. I'm sure every player on the park was still a bit shocked at having to play another 30 minutes once the game was pretty much in the bag. 90th minute the penalty was drew. Even Jade North explained how it was not expected - Two weeks in a row they've done the 120 minutes (+ extra bringing it probably close to 130).

Once again, it comes down to Regular Extended playing v No playing at all.

The crowd figure was once again, Rubbish. 16021 I believe.
I can't understand it though, all early signs said a big turnout. But I guess thats what some people expected and bought their tickets early. But I'm sure anyone would agree that the atmosphere / sound in the crowd was telling of a 20000 crowd.

Plus, you'll be sure there is a fair turnout from both sides of the bunker. "Away" Fans supporters tickets are almost sold out. I know its going to go off.

I don't mean to incite any arguments in saying all this. I hope you don't just write it off either. Two sides of the story is always better then one. It's whether you can accept it or not ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred