• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Predictions 2011-2012 HAL 7

adz

Staff member
Personally i'm devastated, by all the goings on in the league atm.

f**k all chance Culina will get a run in the W league now :angry:

I think your odds have just improved mate... here's (approximately) how it will all go down...

Culina has a 'career ending' injury but he believes he can get back, even though everyone else has written him off. Some miracle happens and he gets better, but nobody wants to believe him, and he can't get a job in any A-League team as their highly overpaid marquee player. So he starts training the house down, Rocky style, but still... no takers.

So... what now? Bad wig, lipstick, skirts and stint in the W-League with whichever team is bottom of the league, disguised as a foreign player from Estonia, that's what!

Initially, nobody in the team likes Culina (who would?) because he has a bad attitude and personal hygiene issues. But as the season goes on, he learns the hardships of being a female football player, to empathise with his fellow team mates on and off the field, and starts to become a better person. He falls for his captain, and she falls for him, which puts her in an awkward position of thinking she bats for the other team now.

Culina also teaches his teammates a thing or two about believing in themselves, not to mention some of his thug tactics on the field, and successfully manages to lift his (her?) team to top of the table and a grand final win.

Everyone is so happy, and at the grand final celebration dinner/dance, out on a fancy yacht in the middle of Sydney Harbour, with guests including all the A-League and club bosses (including Tinkler), he lets his captain know his true identity. At first she isn't happy about being lied to and tries to leave the party. But, (as mentioned) because the party is out on a fancy yacht in the middle of Sydney Harbour, she doesn't get very far.

Culina shocks the whole party now, taking his wig off in front of everyone and revealing he really isn't a weird looking chick from Estonia, gets up and makes a heartfelt speech about how he is a changed man and blah blah.

He wins the girl and the A-League bosses back, Tinkler offers him his old position back as Marquee player for the Scum, and the captain moves in for a kiss (finally) but he politely declines both.

He then has a sex change and moves to Thailand, fulfilling his original destiny.

The End.

I think I might watch a few too many movies....

marinermick

If you like a bet, I strongly recommend you put good money on Adelaide to win the toilet seat. I am near certain the FFA have already decided on it.

We should accept that fact that the FFA sees our club as somewhere in the realm of the "bad guy" teams in sports movies or the team that plays the Harlem Globetrotters. As long as that stays the case, success will always be more difficult for us to come by.

bump

just for this post and the subsequent posts in reply

Forum Phoenix

HA! Loving the resurrection of this thread!

Miseed your post Adz too, gave me a good chuckle. Culina meets Tootsie meets the Crying game. Quality stuff.

Also about the first time my predictions haven;t seen me get my assed handed back on a platter.

Funny though, ALWAYS the unexpected.

GCCU met down, while easy to see coming, the level to which it exploded was even beyond my most dire predictions for them.

Who would have believed we'd lose Matty S to China half way through?

That we'd have another star in Rogic emerge.

The incredible second season of Matty Ryan.

All our off field turmoil.

What a year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred