• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Predictions 2011-2012 HAL 7

midfielder

Still in the slumber of the long lay off ... we can think who / what / were or why..

First club to have a player sent off Scum...

Fist coach to be sacked ... Fergie at PG...

Now for the brave part who will finish were...

Hearts have just got Fred & David Williams, MV have a couple of good signings, SFC copied us and got a Dutchie for the back... PG have some interesting signings... we have lost Perez and will maybe keep Musty, and signed some bench playrers or back ups as I see them... but the first team squad aside from Perez is largely in tack...

So here we go

1. Mariners
2. Heart
3. Roar
4. MV
5. AU
6. PG
7. SFC
8. Nix
9. Scum ( well I hope so anyway) or should we call them Tinkerville.
10. Fold Coast

Muppet

First club to have a player sent off: Perth
First club to sack their coach: Perth

Predictions:

1 Mariners
2 Roar
3 MV
4 Wellington
5 AU
6 SFC
7 Heart
8 Newcastle
9 Perth
10 Gold Coast

scottmac

Suspended
First club to have a player sent off: Roar
First club to sack their coach: SFC

Predictions:

1 AU
2 Roar
3 Victory
4 Mariners
5 Heart
6 Perth
7 Wellington
8 Newcastle
9 SFC
10 Gold Coast

midfielder

Just on teams MV signing actually scare me … Solazarno, Rojas and Cernak … mate combined with Hendo & Archie… fark no fark fark… that is a scarei attack…

Muppet

Just on teams MV signing actually scare me … Solazarno, Rojas and Cernak … mate combined with Hendo & Archie… fark no fark fark… that is a scarei attack…

Cernak does nothing for me. I reckon Archie will fall over and injure himself in the first few games.

scottmac

Suspended

But will Muscat reduce them to thugs?

You have a point though, it does look as though they have recruited well.

If Kewell does sign I would revisit my prediction and move Victory up to Premiers. He would take alot of pressure off the guys around him, in particular Archie who could just go off with Harry along side him and an injury free year. He would also be a great influence on Rojas. It's times like these that you do get a bit jealous of the "glamour" clubs and their ability to make things happen.

Still wouldn't change anything here though. Theres a certian satisfaction with being able to achieve what we do on a shoestring and I'm sure it baffells alot of the other supporters, media and teams when we keep repeating the dose year after year.

midfielder

But will Muscat reduce them to thugs?

You have a point though, it does look as though they have recruited well.

If Kewell does sign I would revisit my prediction and move Victory up to Premiers. He would take alot of pressure off the guys around him, in particular Archie who could just go off with Harry along side him and an injury free year. He would also be a great influence on Rojas. It's times like these that you do get a bit jealous of the "glamour" clubs and their ability to make things happen.

Still wouldn't change anything here though. Theres a certian satisfaction with being able to achieve what we do on a shoestring and I'm sure it baffells alot of the other supporters, media and teams when we keep repeating the dose year after year.

Agree and I wonder if most will give us the spoon again... I think with our signing to me it appears we have got some excellent replacements ... kept the squad intact but have by A-League standards a strong bench...

style_cafe

Just an article that may make it easier to make the predictions .
Feel free to move this if you think it`s off topic.
http://www.thefootballsack.com/2011/06/hyundai-league-transfers-20112011.html

midfielder

Just an article that may make it easier to make the predictions .
Feel free to move this if you think it`s off topic.
http://www.thefootballsack.com/2011/06/hyundai-league-transfers-20112011.html

Fark have you seen Fold & Nix.... on that list heaven above they are not looking that great...

I picked up the following quote from a Yellowfever poster on their forum [for those that don't know, the Nix owner is according to media in NZ is in some considerable difficulties]...

The simple fact is some teams are about to play games against Yuropean opponents - we have 14 players and one coach only.

It's not the end of the line - yet, but things are fairly grim.

LFCMariners

I'm tipping Adelaide for the double. I think they will be like the Roar last season, I have a feeling about this one.

finally retired

I'm tipping Adelaide for the double. I think they will be like the Roar last season, I have a feeling about this one.
have to say I agree with LFCMariners....... Adelaide are looking very good on paper at least. I know that doesn't always match real life results, but they'll certainly be there come finals time.

scottmac

Suspended
Just think back to what Adelaide were like at the start of last season. They were the ones setting the world alight and took all the focus off of what the Roar were building with a stretch of magnificent football. With a much improved roster and the longest off season in the A-Leagues history to gel, AU are the ones to beat for mine.

I think it will be Adelaide by a fair margin and then a dog fight between us, Victory, Heart and Roar for the next 4 spots. I reckon spots 2 - 5 will only be decided in the last game and goal difference deciding the all important home final. Keeping us out of the top 2 will be the fact we have ACL to play during the closing stages something I think the Roar will struggle to handle with their current roster.

I think the most exciting games will be played at Suncorp as the Roar try to emulate their feats of last year but find that they lack a killer blow and other teams have improved in holding the ball. If the Roar sign a proven goal scorer then high scoring games will be the order of the day at Suncorp. If not then Roar might just struggle to out score (or score against) their opponents.

My biggest prediction (put some money on it (but don't hold me responsible)) is for the Roar's unbeaten streak to be snapped first game of the season by us at Suncorp.

pjennings

Top 6 - in no particlur order.

Adelaide to be a major force. Their attack looks great but McKain is an important addition for them. Galekovic was a very busy keeper last year

Brisbane to again feature - but struggle to score as easily. Discipline may be anissue as 'Roarcelona' struggle to live up to the hype.

Mariners I expect us to be better - to me the squad is a lot more solid. We do lack that 'star' player that player a la Flores or Broich

Perth to improve and the call for Fergie's head to slow.

Victory to have a good year - with or without Harry

Newcastle will have a good year with good crowds

Heart will have improve but will just miss out

Wellington still up in the air with plenty still to come

Sydney and Gold Coast to struggle in a big way.

Muppet

Having seen some of the changes occurring in teams here are my updated thoughts in no particular order.

Roar... will struggle to emulate last season given they have lost two key strikers. Will be vulnerable and not emulate last seasons success at this point.

Sydney. Dare I say it the A League needs a strong Sydney team. Unfortunately with Lavicka and the team on hand I cant see it happening at this point. The only thing that can change this is if they sign Kewell IMHO. They really need to push the rugby centric media in Sydney and get away from the SFS. Poor season.

MVFC. An unknown quantity at this point. Will be interesting to see a new coach and a team minus Muscat on the park. Great up front but I wonder about the defence and midfield. Will Muscat unsettle the team from the sideline and undermine the coach?

Wellington. Abject failures unfortunately. Obviously on a shoe string budget given the owners business problems. Cant see any thing to whet my appetite. TBH I wonder if this is the last year we see them in the comp.

Adelaide.... Assembling a very strong team with new owners determined to make a fist of it. Have recruited well in the off season and will be a major force with Van Dijk and Djite up front. The key question is how will they cope without Flores.

Heart. Unfortunately I think they may struggle. I cant put my finger on it whether it is the coach or the limited budget. It is all well and good recruiting Brazilians however will they make that much of a difference?

Perth. Have recruited strongly however I have my doubts. Burns needs to retire. Have assembled a great team on paper (not the first time) however questions remain over the coach. Will Perth be the first team to punt the coach... probably (the other will be Vant Schip IMO).

Gold Coast. Dont put it past Blieberg to pull a rabbit out of his hat with who he has on the books. Most of the players have played together for a few seasons in the youth and have won back to back titles. A few old heads (ala Mariners) mixed with youth can be a dangerous combination. Unfortunately money would be better invested in a western sydney team

Jets. Meh..... Dangerous? maybe. Consistent? maybe... bigger crowds.... lets hope. TBH I do see this team as a bit of a threat. Whether they can go all the way ... I doubt it. Still expect some great derbies with them.

Mariners. Have recruited wisely in the off season. Perez has been replaced perfectly in my opinion with Pelligrino. A lot of expectation on Bernie.. how will he cope? Baird has loads of pace and shows promise in the off season but will he remain injury free? Will season two under Arnie be a fizzer? TBH I dont think so.

I see a GF between AU and the Mariners at this point. However we know going from other seasons that each year offers something totally unexpected. All I can say is bring it on, may the best team win AND GO THE MARINERS!!! :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred