• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

PETITION......

serious14

......to get a close-to-identical set up that was present behind Bay 23 yesterday built behind Bay 16 up here.

Truly amazing, I am utterly jealous of the Cove getting to use that every 2nd week.  I would love our already brilliant stadium even more if we had something similar to that behind the Bay.  Best view of a game I've ever had behind the goals, and the best pre-game time I've ever had at a Mariners game.

Who's with me??    ;D ;D ;D

skilbeck

id love to support it but unless you want to fork out the many millions of dollars to do it i somehow dont think itll be done

adz

Staff member
at least have someone with an esky of kb cans for sale out the back of 16 ;)

kevrenor

adz said:
at least have someone with an esky of kb cans for sale out the back of 16 ;)
Lol

Old Spirit fans will remember the wheel-barrow of beer at Pittwater Park. Illegal I suspect but worked wonders!

tyson

what exactly would we want done though?

an area behind bay 16 with a roof and a bar behind it?
i loved the set up there... it was a cool little area to be in.

that stadium is electric. it was ridiculous when sydney scored in the v1 grand final.

Sean

serious14 said:
......to get a close-to-identical set up that was present behind Bay 23 yesterday built behind Bay 16 up here.

Truly amazing, I am utterly jealous of the Cove getting to use that every 2nd week.  I would love our already brilliant stadium even more if we had something similar to that behind the Bay.   Best view of a game I've ever had behind the goals, and the best pre-game time I've ever had at a Mariners game.

Who's with me??    ;D ;D ;D

Whats the point when noone f**king sings?! We deserve nothing.
Im sorry guys but our form on Sunday was pathetic.

And besides, if the club wouldnt help us with a nice big bit o fabric like what the jets had at the game, what makes you think we're going to get a bar and a standing section?

serious14

Perm, mate, take a deep breath and caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalm......... I was just trying to cheer us up with a bit of humour based on how good Sunday's pre-game was.

I must say I have to disagree with your comment on our form - for about the first 30 of the game anyway, but can you blame a majority for not singing based on the dross we were treated to on the field??  Again??  I know I sang and chanted and all the rest of it for about the first 75, but when it became apparent that most of our players didn't care and the result was already pre-determined, then I figured what was the point??

Re: the Squadron's bit of cloth - as best as I understand they are not affiliated with the Newcastle Jets in any way, shape, or form...... and they go to great pains to remind us of this independence.  So I think the point there is that their bits of cloth had nothing to do with their club.

I think a stadium upgrade to that end in the next 5 years is more than feasible, especially if NRL attendances during their season keep up around the 15 to 17 000 mark (more stadium tenants = more bargaining power), and our summer attendances keep equalling sell outs over the next few seasons.  Basic economy of scale really - where there is demand, it will be supplied.  If the demand for a nice new Northern End is needed, then I don't see a reason as to why it won't be provided.  (with enough prodding by us of course)

Pokes

Chanting wasn't great but hey...we've seen our competition (Squadron) and now we have a goal to beat.

We can so do it this year.

marconigirl

Over in bay 26 it was hard to hear some of the chants, but as soon as I recognised them I (and other people around me) joined in....
There were also people in the bays left of us that were chanting heaps too. Usually different to bay 22 but they were still doing it...

kepo

tyson said:

that stadium is electric. it was ridiculous when sydney scored in the v1 grand final.
we got a great set up.
Its electric every game!

sorjesk

james_sfc said:
tyson said:

we got a great set up.
Its electric every game!

thats because we still sing when we are losing or watching shite football - something others don't do..... as the above comments in this thread prove

adz

Staff member
sorjesk said:
thats because we still sing when we are losing or watching shite football - something others don't do..... as the above comments in this thread prove

if you didn't sing when watching shite football you would never sing

pjennings

marconigirl said:
Over in bay 26 it was hard to hear some of the chants, but as soon as I recognised them I (and other people around me) joined in....
There were also people in the bays left of us that were chanting heaps too. Usually different to bay 22 but they were still doing it...

Yea - I was in Bay 26 and found it hard to here Bay 23.  When we heard we joined in. However, we were harassed by a Bay 16 BTS resident who would abuse us for being quiet. The only noise I heard from him was his bitching about our lack of noise. As a bay 6 BTS resident I wasn't going to start chants (though I realise I could have) but was looking to join in whenever we could hear a chant. The grand final should be about including supporters - not bagging them out - unimpressed!!! 

marconigirl

pjennings said:
marconigirl said:

Yea - I was in Bay 26 and found it hard to here Bay 23.  When we heard we joined in. However, we were harassed by a Bay 16 BTS resident who would abuse us for being quiet. The only noise I heard from him was his bitching about our lack of noise. As a bay 6 BTS resident I wasn't going to start chants (though I realise I could have) but was looking to join in whenever we could hear a chant. The grand final should be about including supporters - not bagging them out - unimpressed!!!  
Agree completely...  :thumbup:
oh and btw I meant 23 not 22...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred