• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Petition for DANNY

soccer

Here is the link to the video of Ben Buckley being presented with a savedanny.com.au t-shirt on Total Football last Thursday night.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vzl5R32564s

~Floss~

Last I heard it was going to be "during the week of the 7th" - so thursday makes just as much sense as any other day to me.

Had other people heard something else?

meldraco

just wondering if anyone can help me...hubby and I desperatly want to get our save danny shirts but my paypal account wont let me buy them untill i put in my credit card details but as i dont have (and have never needed one to use my account before) i was wondering if there is another way to purchase these shirts?

soccer

No worries i have sent you a PM with banking details. alternatively there are a limited number for sale at Iguana's now. see Steve they are in his office. Cheers

swarey

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/73558,vuko-bids-to-keep-flame-flickering.aspx

Vuko Bids To Keep Flame Flickering

Jon Ritson
Apr 9 2008 11:38

DANNY Vukovic will be desperately hoping its a case of third time lucky as the Central Coast Mariners seek to overturn his Beijing ban tomorrow night.
The FFAs independent appeals committee will meet in Sydney to assess whether the goalkeepers lengthy suspension should stand, be reduced or overturned.

This is the last route open under the governing bodys appeals procedure but thats not to say this will be the end of the matter.

Vukovic earned a 15 month ban after striking the hand of referee Mark Shield in last seasons A-League grand final with a subsequent appeal failing to put any real dent in the punishment imposed.

As it stands, the Olyroos keeper will be out of domestic action until the end of November but if the appeals process fails then he will also be ruled out of the Beijing Olympics.

Both the goalkeeper and his club have accepted his actions were unacceptable and that some punishment is inevitable but the Gosford outfit do not think it is fair his Olympic flame should be extinguished.

Mariners executive chairman Lyall Gorman has said that the club will not put timescales or limitations on pursuing what they feel is just and worthy.

A trip to the Court of Arbitration for Sport has not been ruled out if the Mariners do not feel justice has been done.

Similar overseas incidents involving referees and players have seen much lighter suspensions handed out by football associations.

Gorman told au.fourfourtwo.com recently: What we believe we have here are valid grounds for appeal and we feel very strongly about pursuing this.

Im not ruling anything out at this point. We will go into this next appeal having sought yet another (legal) opinion and as I said, we think we have valid grounds for continuing this (fight).

Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna has admitted the goalkeeping situation is high on the clubs agenda with back up keeper Matt Trott currently injured. His only other custodian is Qantas Under 20 youngster Andrew Redmayne.

kevrenor

Gen said:
URGENT, do we know what time and where?

The independent Appeals Committee of the FFA will meet tomorrow evening
(Thursday 10 April) to consider the further appeal by Danny Vukovic
(Central Coast Mariners) against the sanction applied by the independent
Disciplinary Committee on 4 March. 

The hearing will be held at:

The Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators
52 Phillip Street, Sydney.

The hearing will commence at 5.30pm and is not expected to be complete
until at least 8.30pm.

Gen (MarinerMum)

Thank you muchly.

I'm heading down to show support.  If anyone else wants to come with me I probably only got 6 seats left as I hoping my Sue the yank will be with me.  E I E I E I O, off to Bejing Danny must go, Anyway,   I'm off to make the banner.   

We can travel the world for a team, surely we can travel to Sydney for One

Danny remember this book "The Power of One" eventually he made a difference in South Africa.

Where can I get my danny shirt!  Iggi's  I try at lunch time today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred