• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Peter Storrie joins the Mariners. Then leaves.

kevrenor

So if he was Executive Vice Chairman, then is he still on the board or is there a potential board vacancy? Do all staff now report to the CEO, or is the football department direct reporting to the Chairman?

VicMariner

All in all, he didn't too bad. Business side of things that is....
Mielekamp was a decent appointment and financially we seem better than in a long while.

As for the football side, not so good but that was not his area really...

JoyfulPenguin

Well this is interesting...
Mariners at loggerheads with Storrie

Last week it was reported that Central Coast's vice-chairman Peter Storrie was responsible for all recruitment at the club and this had seen his relationship with coach Paul Okon become strained.

The Secret Agent can reveal more trouble behind closed doors at the Mariners, as Storrie's percieved disrespectful treatment of staff has led to some at the club sharing their greivances with club owner Mike Charlesworth.

You can expect to Storrie, who earns over $200,000, to struggle to keep his job in the coming months.

adz

Staff member
36947351.jpg

pjennings

'The Secret Agent' and Tony Rallis often spout the same info. As a result I don't believe either unless it is supported by a more reliable source. As an example a couple of weeks ago Rallis has intimated the reason that Okon has not moved to the Central Coast because he is not happy and wants a move.

Luke

Well this is interesting...
Mariners at loggerheads with Storrie

Last week it was reported that Central Coast's vice-chairman Peter Storrie was responsible for all recruitment at the club and this had seen his relationship with coach Paul Okon become strained.

The Secret Agent can reveal more trouble behind closed doors at the Mariners, as Storrie's percieved disrespectful treatment of staff has led to some at the club sharing their greivances with club owner Mike Charlesworth.

You can expect to Storrie, who earns over $200,000, to struggle to keep his job in the coming months.

When we spoke to Storrie on the podcast last season we asked him about recruitment and he said that he was responsible for it all or he had the final say so this really isn't surprising.

With Walmsley here I could understand. Okon on the other hand doesn't seem to be the type to be pushed around by a suit who isn't a coach and is trying to have a say in on the squad. Charlesworth would know that if Okon got the shits enough and left it would *literally* be WW3 on the streets of Gosford. So when push comes to shove Storrie was going to be the one to go. I think we're in a position now where we are stable enough off field that Shaun and Mike can run the show.

He has his haters for obvious reasons but Storrie cleared out the deadwood in the office and it's never been better in there. So in that sense he's done what he needed to do. He should definitely have stayed away from the football side of things though...

midfielder

My reading of the Tea Leafs is his job was done he was no longer needed... or a person of his expense was not needed...

I think I read in the stadium thread he was to hold talks about buying the stadium I guess this will fall directly to MC now with Shaun doing a lot of the dog work and preparation.

Big Al

Local paper has a story saying he wants to stay in Australia and looking for another job. Says the job is done here. Although daily telegraph don't think so. See CCM fans and club thread

Timmah

He's based in the UK - he'd only be interested in FIFO consultancy roles, nothing permanent here.

MagpieMariner

Local paper has a story saying he wants to stay in Australia and looking for another job. Says the job is done here. Although daily telegraph don't think so. See CCM fans and club thread
I don't believe anything the Turdoch press comes out with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred