• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Peter Storrie joins the Mariners. Then leaves.

Rocket

Wednesday 31 December 2014
Tuggerah, NSW

Peter Storrie joins Mariners as Associate Director

Mr Michael Charlesworth on behalf of the Central Coast Mariners can today advise that former West Ham United FC & Portsmouth FC Chief Executive Officer, Mr Peter Storrie, has joined the Club as an Associate Director.
Initially, Storrie will be on the Central Coast from early February to mid March. During this time he will review the Club’s structures and lead a marketing and commercial campaign to increase Club revenues.
Storrie will also engage with key local stakeholders as the Mariners look to strengthen its ties to the community, and build on the foundations currently in place.

“Peter has a wealth of experience that we’ll be calling on as we continue our drive towards building a sustainable model that can keep the Club based on the Central Coast,” Mr Charlesworth said.
Speaking from the United Kingdom, Storrie – who has also previously worked for Southend United and Notts County – said that he is excited to be linking with the Mariners and looks forward to making a contribution to the Hyundai A-League.
“I am delighted to help anywhere I can with the Club and hope that having worked in football for over 25 years my experience will help me to help take the Club forward,” Storrie said.
“This is an exciting challenge for me in a country that I have always called my second home. My objective is to help the Club increase its bonds to the community and assist in enhancing Club revenues.”
“I look forward to meeting all parties that wish to unite and get behind the Mariners, and working with the current management and staff at the Club. As one we can make the Mariners a success on and off the field,” he said.

ENDS

Interesting

Reactions: adz

eenfish

I can't f**king believe this horse crap. What the hell. God damn it. This is the sort of crap that makes me want to turn in my membership. I won't, it is a totally hollow threat, but still.

true believer

considering the smell this guy brings with him.
you'd think the FFA will be watching the mariners like a hawk .
the game's afoot .

shipwreck

Can someone explain further what's so wrong with this guy? I've never heard of him and dont follow English football at all. Why is the game in danger?

mariner72

Some of you Coasties really make me laugh, don't you realise its a global games these days and clearly our club has gone missing with several poor signings over the last couple years with the Internationals. There clearly isn't the talent locally or in the NPL and it would appear the club is bringing in more global experience to add new firepower to the team, or I would certainly hope. Life must be wonderful up there on the Coast because I doubt some of you have ever left it.

true believer

Some of you Coasties really make me laugh, don't you realise its a global games these days and clearly our club has gone missing with several poor signings over the last couple years with the Internationals. There clearly isn't the talent locally or in the NPL and it would appear the club is bringing in more global experience to add new firepower to the team, or I would certainly hope. Life must be wonderful up there on the Coast because I doubt some of you have ever left it.
the spoon is heading to Newcastle , again .

VicMariner

Do you really think it's strange to be worried about a guy who, at best is inept, at worst is a crook? Really?

"There clearly isn't the talent locally" Not being jingoistic but this is Australia, a country with a world wide reputation for excellence in all aspects of professional sport. We have so much local talent that we export it.
I'm fine with bringing in foreign talent though. If they have a good track record.

eenfish

If we were going to pull anyone from overseas, why go after someone who is closely associated with the decimation of Portsmouth? You can't blame Storrie for dropping off after the money run dry, but you can blame him for the mismanagement of the club that saw them drop so bloody far.

Also, some of our best exports have come from NPL clubs. Matty Ryan and Bernie Ibini, for example. Looking at the way Bentleigh Greens and South Melbourne play, I don't see any reason why some of their brightest talents couldn't become A-League players either.

Gratis

Welcome to conversations well and truly had.

You're welcome to an opinion but don't be condescending when you're clearly way behind the 8-ball on the topic, and still talking about it at a simplistic level compared to what has already been discussed. Take caution when talking down to people - because when you sound like a child on the topic you come across both rude and ignorant.

mariner72

Welcome to conversations well and truly had.

You're welcome to an opinion but don't be condescending when you're clearly way behind the 8-ball on the topic, and still talking about it at a simplistic level compared to what has already been discussed. Take caution when talking down to people - because when you sound like a child on the topic you come across both rude and ignorant.
GrA can you answer my question please, have you ever left the Coast? :) sorry long long night on the grog

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
what the hell is Charlesworth thinking...was there any due diligence done about this clown?....he sunk a EPL club and fkn lied about it, but his dog got a bank account ...HOLY SHIT....the FB page was full of people similar to Mariner 72, bagging other fans who bagged the club for hiring Storrie...check out the guy, you will be stunned by the ineptitude...oh yeah, and a long night on the grog is no excuse for talking down to anybody
Peter_Storrie_meme_zps7ca495e7.jpg

Gratis

GrA can you answer my question please, have you ever left the Coast? :) sorry long long night on the grog
I have lived in and around sydney, cronulla, western sydney in a few locations, wagga wagga, melbourne (woodend), bundaberg and toowoomba - just to start. i went to a total of 11 schools (and 3 universities including my current one) and i currently work in the northern beaches and north sydney.
in all that time the coast has been my home for easily the largest portion of my life and i have been away from it and returned several times, and have lived on several parts of the central coast.
i'm not looking for a fight i just feel there's no need to be condescending when it's obvious you haven't read all that's been said before as I don't believe you would have made the comments you did otherwise.
i look forward to cheering on the mariners to many more wins and a strong future with you as a fellow fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred