• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Perth Glory V Mariners Rd 3

midfielder

We sold Sammy S future Socceroo and replaced him with a NPL div 3 player.

We sold the aleagues best striker and a Socceroo for a loan back in trouble.

I could go on, it's pointless, except as a club we were just starting to get the community to trust us again.

Coach publicity blaming players, we are in starting to unravel.

God I hope I am wrong, but the signs are not looking good

style_cafe

Thing is what options does he have?
His decision to start DWH backfired and he had to hook him at HT.
Who else goes up top?
Play Theohaurus up top but give it a few weeks of intensive training to get the front line to gel. He’s far away the most technically gifted player we have and could get through most centre backs. He has a decent shot left and right footed but would need to be trained more in timing his runs and staying onside. O’Rudan did it with Borello do its worth a try IMO…:popcorn:

midfielder

Play Theohaurus up top but give it a few weeks of intensive training to get the front line to gel. He’s far away the most technically gifted player we have and could get through most centre backs. He has a decent shot left and right footed but would need to be trained more in timing his runs and staying onside. O’Rudan did it with Borello do its worth a try IMO…:popcorn:
he can also play back to goals

true believer

so
same backs

koul niz/max di pizio
tullio
teo

Insertnamehere

He needs to actually run at a defender though. Not stop and step over a dozen times. I dunno if he can do that. He seems stuck in a step over loop

Big Al

I’m starting a rumour that Wilson was coaching and told Torres to smack that naughty Glory player but then Wilson is so bad he didn’t realise he plays on the left and should of told theo to do it.

Then Wilson told the guys at halftime to let a goal in so that he could be thrown on late to take all the blame.

Seriously this Wilson shit is out of hand. The bloke is playing about 15mins a game now. He was given a chance early and hasn’t been great and has been pulled back to where he should be.

But somehow is still coping shit. There are more important players playing badly.

Big Al

Our hopes sit with tulio to do something special. He started slow last year and is frustrated with the level of the players around him but is also missing some frustrating shots (e.g Adelaide) tjat he should score. But if he was consistent he would be no where near the A League. We need him to put us on his back and make it happen. My worry is he might give up in frustration instead of have the determination to be the man.

Next problem is where do find replacements mid season that are locals. You get other teams trash. We only have 1 visa spot to fix the front 3.

I think MJ is coaching ok. Not great but he is learning and making changes as he finds the problems.

Any player who sooks after that blast won’t make it because if they whine they have nothing to justify their argument.

9 and 6 goals against traffic cones should have been 3 x more because of these same miscommunications and hogging or just plain shit play.

Still have the best midfield.

Insertnamehere

Our hopes sit with tulio to do something special. He started slow last year and is frustrated with the level of the players around him but is also missing some frustrating shots (e.g Adelaide) tjat he should score. But if he was consistent he would be no where near the A League. We need him to put us on his back and make it happen. My worry is he might give up in frustration instead of have the determination to be the man.

Next problem is where do find replacements mid season that are locals. You get other teams trash. We only have 1 visa spot to fix the front 3.

I think MJ is coaching ok. Not great but he is learning and making changes as he finds the problems.

Any player who sooks after that blast won’t make it because if they whine they have nothing to justify their argument.

9 and 6 goals against traffic cones should have been 3 x more because of these same miscommunications and hogging or just plain shit play.

Still have the best midfield.
At this stage I'd be ok with doka, Theo and Wilson going. Get 2 attackers from OS and a couple of Aussies who fit MJs style better.

FFC Mariner

Our signings havent worked (yet) Doka, Wilson, Torres and Kuol have all failed since the start of the season. There always will be duds, every season there is a Mane or an Ayongo. Sadly it seems that this seasons recruitment hasnt worked.
Will it? Who knows? Maybe Monty and Serge would have got 2 or 3 to fire. Maybe they wouldnt.
I think having a coach with such a poor football pedigree (his assistants is even worse) is mind boggling to me.
Do you think a Talay coached side is that much of a shambles in Perth? or a Cahn side or any other good Aussie coach?
Me either.

Insertnamehere

Ruhs is only 11 months older than Paull, interesting to see that Paull is forgiven because he is young and will grow.

Not saying I want Ruhs back, but still think it's interesting
Ruhs has had a lot more senior game time than Paull. More than enough to show his capability.

Ruhs has played 50 games for around 1300mins to show his goods.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred