• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Penang F.C.

dwight

Whether you realise it or not there are a lot of players who will not play for any CCF based representative competition on the coast rightly or wrongly due to the indifferent way they have been treated in the past.

There are a lot of players at Penang who have improved immensly this year and now would be capable of playing Premier League or Div 1 on the coast at the start of the season they would not have got a start or probably even a trial in these grades. They have got there through their own hard work and that of the coaching staff. A lot of the Penang players are seventeen or younger and they would just not get a start in PL on the coast and only part way through the season are starting to show they can hold their own in what is a competitive league.

CCF's policy with a lot of these players would be for them to play under 21's which will not be great for development if you can't play Premier League at 17 or
18 we'll it's getting to late I'm afraid.

We have the numbers overall on the coast to support more than one rep club and this has been recognised by Football NSW this is why the licence was given to Penang in the first place.

If local clubs looked at getting quality coaches and supported the players through their developments then we would have better players, from what I have seen
a lot of the clubs adminstration's have a lot to answer for.

Penang will prosper make no mistake and next year will most likely have youth teams as well and I would say next year will finish middle of the conference league if not higher.

Does the lightning offer opportunity's for players to trial in England or South America for professional contracts. ?

It has nothing to do with a location thing Tony runs fourfourtwo out of the same location and it makes sense to put the two together.

W

Wilson

I respect all the effort that everyone puts in believe me I have seen from all sides just what it takes to get there and how hard it can be..But we cannot support teams like Penang Fc whilst the infra structure is as it is..Most of the times the players 'TREATMENT' is due to the parents perception and not the players and if they have been treated poorly in the past it happens everywhere!!! in all sports... 90% of the time its a cop out..They are not good enough..

How many former coast or lightning players were asked to come and have a run with Penang FC..Did you advertise in the paper your trials and if so how many times...Nobody I no..never even knew about it..I feel so hard done by Penang Fc I am never playing there

Bladesman

Wilson said:
I respect all the effort that everyone puts in believe me I have seen from all sides just what it takes to get there and how hard it can be..But we cannot support teams like Penang Fc whilst the infra structure is as it is..Most of the times the players 'TREATMENT' is due to the parents perception and not the players and if they have been treated poorly in the past it happens everywhere!!! in all sports... 90% of the time its a cop out..They are not good enough..

How many former coast or lightning players were asked to come and have a run with Penang FC..Did you advertise in the paper your trials and if so how many times...Nobody I no..never even knew about it..I feel so hard done by Penang Fc I am never playing there

I saw plenty of adverts in the paper for Penang unfortionatley I don't think they were looking for broken down O35's so didn't do anything about it myself but they were in the Advocate every week for a long time.

Also as far as I am aware we are not supporting Penang but I am paying a lot of cash to support the CCF for very little to show.  It costs about $1000 to play for Lightning so we are not getting the best players there we are getting the ones that can afford it.  Not sure how much Penang costs but probably nowhere near that.

dwight

" I saw plenty of adverts in the paper for Penang " - yes correct

Penang is self sufficient for $350 fee you get tracksuit, training strip , home and away strip, polo top, bag, and includes rego, great value for rep's.

masmariner

Don't forget Nothern Alliance has nothing to do with the rep scene but there will be another rep club started from Budgie area in 2009.

From the dug out

lol..........................................................sorry, I'm still laughing.

Are you referring to Budgewoi FC when you say!

masmariner said:
Don't forget Nothern Alliance has nothing to do with the rep scene but there will be another rep club started from Budgie area in 2009.

masmariner

From the dug out said:
lol..........................................................sorry, I'm still laughing.

Are you referring to Budgewoi FC when you say!

masmariner said:

No I'm not talking about budgie

From the dug out

dibo said:
hopping into someone else's discussion with no local knowledge is dangerous - but here goes:

what about the coasties plying their trades with sydney based state league clubs? i'm sure there are a fair number, and isn't building up a second state league presence a good thing to entice some of them back?

of course the longer term aim should be to have lightning in NSWPL, and penang as high as possible, but having two teams is not in itself an incredibly dumb idea.

Hey, it is a democracy, not a dictatorship, jump in the waters warm.

Look at it from this angle....

Personally, I don't think that anyone from Penang FC would make any difference at Lightning this year....however in years to come?

Luckily, Lightning can not get relegated (that I know of) but lets just say that in the future it is performance based promotion/relegation of any league. If Lightning was to get relegated, where would that leave Lawrie for his players coming back from injury and poor form. He would be left with no other alternative other than to loan them out to Sydney premier League clubs or overseas. Then they would be more likley to be call the Mariners, rather than The Central Coast Mariners.....we should put personal differences aside. Whats best for the Mariners and the Central Coast or whats best for Penang FC and Tony.
dwight said:
Does the lightning offer opportunity's for players to trial in England or South America for professional contracts. ?

No offence, but do you realise that you are on a Marinators website? Would the Mariners not be interested! You are truely entwind in a world of Tony....You weren't good enough to be playing MPL a minute ago :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

dwight

Report on Penang saturday game from Football NSW website

" A little bit of housekeeping to start this weeks wrap, with a mid week catch up match continuing Penangs season revival, following a 3-3 draw against Gladesville Ryde Magic.
But it was Magic that went in front early when Ganiatsas scored in just the 7th minute.

Woodbridge equalized for Penang in the 29th , before Van Whyk restored Magics lead 8 minutes before half time.

Penang then came out firing in the second period, with Hoare restoring parity on 54 minutes, before Woodbridge grabbed his second, and what looked like the winner, with five minutes remaining.

But Gladesville would not lie down, and Nastoulis remarkably scored an equalizer in the third minute of injury time, to send both sets of fans home happy following the exciting 3-3 scoreline.

masmariner

"Luckily, Lightning can not get relegated (that I know of)" Of course they can particularly on financial grounds which would be a worry for the CCF. They could be playing Div. 1 next year or even lose their licence - it has happened to clubs last season particularly for $$$$ reasons.

The womens lightning sides look like a definate relegation to super league from Premier League, most of the first grade walked from last year and currently have 11 player's for two sides.

Don't worry Tony has plenty on contact with the Mariners they have been keeping an eye on the lads.

dwight

"If Lightning was to get relegated, where would that leave Lawrie for his players coming back from injury and poor form. He would be left with no other alternative other than to loan them out to Sydney premier League clubs or overseas. Then they would be more likley to be call the Mariners, rather than The Central Coast Mariners.....we should put personal differences aside. Whats best for the Mariners and the Central Coast or whats best for Penang FC and Tony."
How does Penang FC disadvantage the Mariners. ?
Everybody knows about the problem's at CCF / Lightning due to $$$$ issues who knows where their future lies.
If say Lightning folds we will have NO reps on the coast except Penang and Budgie district (to form for 2009 season.)
"Most of the times the players 'TREATMENT' is due to the parents perception and not the players and if they have been treated poorly in the past it happens everywhere!!! in all sports... 90% of the time its a cop out..They are not good enough.."
Lets see how say Penang goes next season in both grades we have a lot of players ignored for sixteen, eighteen and under 20's lightning who are more than capable.
I feel so hard done by Penang Fc I am never playing there
Let's quote you "90% of the time its a cop out..They (You) are not good enough.." otherwise try out for next season.
Yes dibo the idea is to get Penang and Lightning as high as we can in state based comps. hopefully both in Premier League.

From the dug out

dwight said:

If say Lightning folds we will have NO reps on the coast except Penang and Budgie district (to form for 2009 season.)

What is this budgie district thing poeple are talkin about? where has it come from?
What club is starting this? ???

dwight

"What is this budgie district thing poeple are talkin about? where has it come from?
New rep club starting in Budgie area for 2009 year playing in Northern NSW comp.
What club is starting this?"
New Club.

W

Wilson

Het Dwight ring Northern Nsw football and ask them how many nominations they got for next years comp...................From the Central Coast

0 Zeroooooo

dwight

Wilson said:
Het Dwight ring Northern Nsw football and ask them how many nominations they got for next years comp...................From the Central Coast

0 Zeroooooo

Can only tell you what I was told as an example Penang was only approved by Football NSW in October 2007 whilst Tony was in England.
Penang juniors don't exist yet either but they will be for 2009. Ring football NSW and ask about them they will know nothing.

From the dug out

From the dug out said:
Do as Tony say and not as Tony do, ya hypocrite! :vhappy:

How times have changed...... last week on the Northern Alliance posting, you stated.

dwight said:
Loki said:
Clubs voted 2-1 against the new club forming but some how it was voted in by the directors? Doesn't make any sense? Oh thats right we are talking about CCF!!!!!!!!!

Really we don't need any new clubs on the coast only better run one's than we have now, many of the clubs are crumbling due to poor management etc etc.

We don't have the grounds to operate any new clubs really either (there is enough trouble getting grounds for the existing clubs as it is).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred