• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Patafta is now a scummer

skilbeck

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/77382,patafta-signs-for-newcastle-jets.aspx

BREAKING NEWS: FORMER Benfica and Melbourne Victory starlet Kaz Patafta has signed for Newcastle Jets in a one year deal.
Jets coach Gary van Egmond confirmed the swoop to au.fourfourtwo.com this morning.

Canberra-born Patafta 19, has agreed to a one year deal with Newcastle and bolsters Van Egmonds squad as they prepare to embark on their defence of the Hyundai A-league crown and their Asian Champions League campaign.

Patafta is an Australian Under 17 and Under 20 National Team representative who played with the Melbourne Victory during the 2007-2008 season after being loaned out by Portuguese giants Benfica.

We are excited to have Kaz in our playing group for the forthcoming year, said van Egmond.

"Kaz was named in the World 11 side for his age group a couple of years ago and we look forward to seeing Kaz progress in accordance with that standing."

More To Follow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont know if it is a good move for him, The scum now have Holland, Song and Patafta in the same position which means that they are going to lack depth elsewhere on the park

dibo

interesting (and good) signing for both the player and club.

the scum team is coming together in the end, and given they've got three months to get their shit together, it might not be quite the clusterf**k it was looking six or so weeks ago.

that said, their starting line up looks like this:

covic
elrich  north  a griffiths  d'appuzzo
            spencer  holland
song            patafta      thompson
                j griffiths

...which is fine until they have an injury. the drop-off is pretty sharp below there.

consider also that some of those players have played those roles in a makeshift sense for a month or so (esp. thompson, elrich) or not really at all in the HAL (holland) and then the fact that they've got spencer in that lineup...

it's a lineup that will win games, but i won't back them to win the league.

Sean

To the tune of Rock the Casbah

No we don't like him,
F*ck Patafta
F*ck Patafta

Deej

Good signing for them but still has something to prove.

Jets are still pretty light but there's time left to recruit, Keenan has been trialling with them also so there could be a left back instead of D'Appuzzo?

I'm still not sure if North will be there next year? If he is then it could only be for a handful of games?

skilbeck

the only depth they may have is that Hoffman may come good this year apart from that the barrell is more or less getting scraped

FFC Mariner

Good signing for them, shit move by the player himself obviously wants to get game time and then leg it back to Europe but no one else wanted him.

With him and the Judas scum in the middle, they are going to be outmuscled by all 7 teams. Judas showed in the semi that if you hit him hard and early, he goes hiding - suspect Kaz will get a fair bit of stick too.

If Spencer is in that side, they start with 10 men anyway.

northernspirit

quality signing, not really suited to the a-league imo, i think he would be best in the dutch league as he is only a slight frame and the a-league is so physical... still he will prove a really good signing

Andy

dibo said:
interesting (and good) signing for both the player and club.

the scum team is coming together in the end, and given they've got three months to get their shit together, it might not be quite the clusterf**k it was looking six or so weeks ago.

that said, their starting line up looks like this:

covic
elrich  north  a griffiths  d'appuzzo
            spencer  holland
song            patafta      thompson
                j griffiths

...which is fine until they have an injury. the drop-off is pretty sharp below there.

consider also that some of those players have played those roles in a makeshift sense for a month or so (esp. thompson, elrich) or not really at all in the HAL (holland) and then the fact that they've got spencer in that lineup...

it's a lineup that will win games, but i won't back them to win the league.

I'd expect Keenan to replace D'Apuzzo in that line up if he signs with them tbh.

I still think they need to improve if they want to even think about defending their title, especially in their depth. They were pretty lucky in terms of injuries lsat season and should there be 1 or 2 injuries to big players, are the likes of Ontong, Wheelhouse and Hofman good enough to step up? With the ACL coming up for them as well, they still have a lot of work to do.

marinersman

I wonder if they'll get any Italians like they were talking about a couple of months ago?

They seem to lack depth at this stage, but GvE does like developing young players and has done a fair job of it so far.

No where near the quality required for Asia as of right now.

marinermick

the rumour that has been going round for a while has finally come true

apparently a scum supporter saw his name listed on a whiteboard in the jets office weeks ago  :piralaugh:

Andy

marinersman said:
I wonder if they'll get any Italians like they were talking about a couple of months ago?

They seem to lack depth at this stage, but GvE does like developing young players and has done a fair job of it so far.

No where near the quality required for Asia as of right now.

One was an aussie, Adrian Madaschi, but he won't be joining them.

Plus I think there was an Italian Marquee striker that turned them down.

Kareem

good choice for Patafta. One of only clubs he could go to with being guuaranteed a start!
although I agree they are a bit lacking in physical prowess in the centre of the pak which could be a problem!

Paolo

Kareem said:
good choice for Patafta. One of only clubs he could go to with being guuaranteed a start!
had meetings with GvE lately? How do you know he guaranteed to start?

Alicia

keensy said:
Kareem said:
had meetings with GvE lately? How do you know he guaranteed to start?

Probably because at the moment Patafta seems to be the only player in the team! :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred