• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Parra = epic fail

midfielder

Off topic but if a RL club did relocate here ... what do people think the CCLC will do as they where going to be a heavy sponsor of Bears and did put in considerable coin in for the Northern Eagles..

kevrenor

midfielder said:
Off topic but if a RL club did relocate here ... what do people think the CCLC will do as they where going to be a heavy sponsor of Bears and did put in considerable coin in for the Northern Eagles..

Not a lot ... like all licenced clubs they are 'broke', esp. due to govt taxes and smoking renovations

FFC Mariner

If a business with numbers like that approached another lender on the grounds that they were almost broke and needed the $$ to stave of administration, they would be laughed at in todays climate.

offtheball

$8 million is the deal still on the table from the NRL

With the Bears making lots of noise a team like Parramtta might see it as a good investment and jump in.

Jesus

Jesus
I may be wrong but this is all about the licenced club? Has nothing to do with the parramatta eels.

The eels get money from the club every year, i remember hearing this year they got less than previously.

But they are seperate entities. Parra leagues going under does not suggest the eels will relocate.
Simply that they will get no more investment from the league club

FFC Mariner

Do they give the $$ as a grant to the RL side?

You would hate to think that some of those "assets" are in fact loans to a sports team.

clarence

If the Leagues club folds, the Football (NRL) club could be fast behind it, I reckon.

It used to be that the revenue & profit generated from the Leagues Club flowed back into the Football (RL) club and junior associations in their district, but I would doubt that the (RL) Football club has seen much money from the Leagues Club of late & I think a lot of RL district assocaitions have been left to fend for themselves or get some assistance from the NRL direct.

Maybe Frank Lowy could be bloody ruthless and wave the carrot of WS team to be based out of Parramatta Stadium, if the Leagues club defects to Football, stops backing the Eels and accepts money from the Lowy Family Trust to get the balance sheet looking better.

Those premises and the nearby stadium would be first rate for a new WS franchise to walk into in a year or so! In the meantime, restructure the Leagues club even put it into administration to start afresh when the WS A-League team starts up and ensure that debt doesn't get crazy again.

offtheball

Jesus said:
I may be wrong but this is all about the licenced club? Has nothing to do with the parramatta eels.

The eels get money from the club every year, i remember hearing this year they got less than previously.

But they are seperate entities. Parra leagues going under does not suggest the eels will relocate.
Simply that they will get no more investment from the league club

Parramatta Leagues runs the NRL Club.  Late last year there was an election for the board of the football club that the ex players Price and Kenny etc won. This gave them bugger all and they have had to bide their time to take charge of the board of the Leagues Club and the NRL Team.

Jesus

Jesus
clarence said:
If the Leagues club folds, the Football (NRL) club could be fast behind it, I reckon.

It used to be that the revenue & profit generated from the Leagues Club flowed back into the Football (RL) club and junior associations in their district, but I would doubt that the (RL) Football club has seen much money from the Leagues Club of late & I think a lot of RL district assocaitions have been left to fend for themselves or get some assistance from the NRL direct.

Maybe Frank Lowy could be bloody ruthless and wave the carrot of WS team to be based out of Parramatta Stadium, if the Leagues club defects to Football, stops backing the Eels and accepts money from the Lowy Family Trust to get the balance sheet looking better.

Those premises and the nearby stadium would be first rate for a new WS franchise to walk into in a year or so! In the meantime, restructure the Leagues club even put it into administration to start afresh when the WS A-League team starts up and ensure that debt doesn't get crazy again.

The nrl club gets most of the salary cap, bar about 500k-1mil from the nrl itself. I remember reading that parra leagues was giving 1mil less to the eels this year, but was still about 6mil i think.

If the leagues club folded nrl would prop up parra. But more likely someone would step in to buy the place. Whether they would continue the relatonship with the eels would depend on the owner.

I think the major losers would be the juniors if the leagues club folded. But even still I cant see the nrl abandoning them

FFC Mariner

Lowy should buy the leagues club and lease it out to a W Syd franchise to generate some $$

Kills 2 birds with one stone lol

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Lowy should buy the leagues club and lease it out to a W Syd franchise to generate some $$

Kills 2 birds with one stone lol

or just extend westfields paramatta into the leagues club

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred