• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A league games 2022/23

Tevor

Sydney have no attacking or creative structure whatsoever - like a collection of blokes who have never met
Corica is a very worried man, two losses at their new home ?. Wilko is a huge loss for them and no real alternatives so that’s all on Corica. Wanderers should have had 5 YC for their diving display tonight, terrible stuff.

Wombat

Sydney were pathetic. Lolley is their only attacking outlet. drive by's were clearly the better side and if Yengi had any clue they would have won easily. The only thing he didn't butcher was a winning goal.

Borello is quality. A dickhead but he is very good.

Great atmosphere. You boys taught them how to sing apparently.

Tevor

I thought the post match coach interviews said it all.

The A-League is evolving and Rudan seems to understand that fact. Probably after watching us last week.

Corica is living in the past.
Shitney’s “rebuild” was not significant when you think about it. Let go your 10 who now rubs your nose in a big pile of you know what. Mak and Lolley are good players however not Ninko replacements. He has relied on aging players and Alf and Wilko being injured is showing their lack of depth and experience. I wouldn’t be impressed if I was a Shitney supporter. I feel he has dug his own hole and will soon fall into it.

Tevor

I thought the post match coach interviews said it all.

The A-League is evolving and Rudan seems to understand that fact. Probably after watching us last week.

Corica is living in the past.
Not sure Rudan has really embraced the change as they have only scored 6 goals in 6 games, about the same as Glory and Homeless. I don’t rate Krpic, old fashion luxury striker.

Ancient Mariner

Not sure Rudan has really embraced the change as they have only scored 6 goals in 6 games, about the same as Glory and Homeless. I don’t rate Krpic, old fashion luxury striker.
Rudan was a defender and that will show in his style of coaching. Popovic is very similar. Build a solid defence and pounce on opposition mistakes is a valid method.
However it can be opened by attacking football with fast ball movement and extremely fit talented young players.
The part that impressed me was Rudan stating the importance of youth and the desire to build their academy.
The A-league has moved on from recycled, experienced, could have beens, who never made it in the international stage and is now moving on from the top league players in the twilight of their careers to carry a team.

The A-league is now growing up and is about developing Australian youth with talent who can compete on the world stage. Academies will become more important than Marquees or rich owners.

The development and vision of the Mariners which clearly began in the bad days has opened my eyes to what is the way forward and at last others are beginning to take notice.

Not good for us, in that we will no longer have a clear run in enticing the most promising youth to our academy. However, we have a good start and it will take others ages to catch up.

It will be good for Australian football and the national team in the long run.

Tevor

Rudan was a defender and that will show in his style of coaching. Popovic is very similar. Build a solid defence and pounce on opposition mistakes is a valid method.
However it can be opened by attacking football with fast ball movement and extremely fit talented young players.
The part that impressed me was Rudan stating the importance of youth and the desire to build their academy.
The A-league has moved on from recycled, experienced, could have beens, who never made it in the international stage and is now moving on from the top league players in the twilight of their careers to carry a team.

The A-league is now growing up and is about developing Australian youth with talent who can compete on the world stage. Academies will become more important than Marquees or rich owners.

The development and vision of the Mariners which clearly began in the bad days has opened my eyes to what is the way forward and at last others are beginning to take notice.

Not good for us, in that we will no longer have a clear run in enticing the most promising youth to our academy. However, we have a good start and it will take others ages to catch up.

It will be good for Australian football and the national team in the long run.
Says Rudan who signed Bozanic, Ninko, Krpic et all. Not much youth development going on there.

Melange

Strange that out of a battle of two equally mediocre teams Sportsbet had wanderers at 4.50 the win, I made a nice return from not much stake.

Not that I'm promoting gambling, in the last year I've won about 2 out of 50 bets, and only bet <$10 to make neutral games interesting.

Tevor

So are the Nix having an identity crisis, playing at home and not wearing their normal kit. The last few weeks they have been easily mistaken for us. Just scored against the Aloisi mob, he must be starting to feel the pressure. Champs to spooners without getting any sweat on his brow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred