• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Open Mike night

nebakke

The COE is worth more than 6 million.

If not I'll try and borrow the money and give Pikey the 4 million he has invested thus far.

First thing on the agenda is a "club" with serious gaming facility!!!

But that's my point mate, 4 mill is min. of what he's probably put in to keep the club running, plus purchase price and interest, I'd think he'd be looking to recover significantly more than just a break-even and I dunno that CoE would take him well past that yet.

Coastalraider

Dear Mike,

Please see exhibit A, the result of continual minimum cap spend.

Please see exhibit B, result of overseas investment.

Wombat

Hey Mike,

You know when you come last and get a wooden spoon trophey.......you know thats not a good thing yeah??

Just checking

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Please speak up if you think I'm wrong, but the impression I got from the forum was that there is nothing in place in the near future to find any way to spend more money.
Is that about right?
What we NEED is another investor. To go alongside Mike. And it doesn't sound like that's in the pipeline.
Given how weak the HAL is at the moment, I can't imagine there would be any new investor interest anywhere.

shipwreck

Can someone please excuse my ignorance and explain the Mike situation to me.

Is it our understanding, as supporters, that he is simply running the club as cheap as possible, to therefore lose as little as possible, in the hope that he will eventually make money when something (insert whatever it is) happens?

Insertnamehere

Is it our understanding, as supporters, that he is simply running the club as cheap as possible, to therefore lose as little as possible, in the hope that he will eventually make money when something (insert whatever it is) happens?
It seems that way, yes

FFC Mariner

a) when he has developed the COE, sells it for a profit and walks away leaving CCM to collapse
b) If/When FIFA allow an independent A league and club values go up and he sells and walks away

or both

He gives a f**k about his money, nothing else.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Pikey Mikey ....he did so well on the Matty Ryan experience , he thinks every fkn kid who plays for us is gonna make him millions , hence his consistent signing of young guys.... clearly his fkn mistaken

adz

Staff member
a) when he has developed the COE, sells it for a profit and walks away leaving CCM to collapse
b) If/When FIFA allow an independent A league and club values go up and he sells and walks away

or both

He gives a f**k about his money, nothing else.

99% sure he is waiting for B

Chris

Thanks JoshO for streaming open Mike as I can't get there for these things. They seemed to ask my question “why should I continue to support/be a member when the current owner will not put a competitive team on the park …” So, after last nights 8-2 drubbing

1. MC says he won’t spend more. When the bad run started 3-4 years ago he told us that debts had to be cleared then things would be better. The mantra has now changed? Everyone knows you don’t make $$ out of football, why did you buy the club then?

2. Either MC or SM questioned who the real supporters are, in response to negative questions like mine. That’s the last straw. Its just plain insulting. I’ve been a member for over 10years, travelled up from Sydney for every home match, been to all home away/finals matches, been to every ACL home match. I’ve invested a lot emotionally in this club.

For the past 4 years we've got the same low spend/youth development story and a new coach - and nothing changes. If the owners refuse, or don’t want to put a competitive team/management out there, then why should I continue to support the club. You’ve really lost me. My membership is going to lapse. It’s a really sad day for me & my family after a long membership.

JoyfulPenguin

Thanks JoshO for streaming open Mike as I can't get there for these things. They seemed to ask my question “why should I continue to support/be a member when the current owner will not put a competitive team on the park …” So

1. MC says he won’t spend more. When the bad run started 3-4 years ago he told us that debts had to be cleared then things would be better. The mantra has now changed? Everyone knows you don’t make $$ out of football, why did you buy the club then?

2. Either MC or SM questioned who the real supporters are, in response to negative questions like mine. That’s the last straw. Its just plain insulting. I’ve been a member for over 10years, travelled up from Sydney for every home match, been to all home away/finals matches, been to every ACL home match. I’ve invested a lot emotionally in this club.

If the owners refuse, or don’t want to put a competitive team/management out there, then why should I continue to support the club. You’ve really lost me. My membership is going to lapse. It’s a really sad day for me & my family after a long membership.
Sad to hear that mate, hope the club can win you back one day. Completely understand the frustration.

Chris

When #charlesworthOut happens. Its just the saddest thing to see what he has done to a proud club. Its been a great honour to be a Coastie supporter imposter from Sydney. It should have been a great night sending off Josh Rose. Instead the place was deserted when he did his lap around after the match

Last edited:

Wombat

Agree Chris.

I was going to stay to slap him on the back and shake his hand but after THAT display I just shuffled out of the door.

Stay solid buddy. He has given us a quality manager and I expect to see a decent team assembled.

Chris

Trouble is he has had to same blurb about developing youth - just with a different manager each year. The rhetoric is no longer credible. In fact it's down right insulting. Then to be questioned over who the real supporters are - that's even more insulting.

FFC Mariner

Trouble is he has had to same blurb about developing youth - just with a different manager each year. The rhetoric is no longer credible. In fact it's down right insulting. Then to be questioned over who the real supporters are - that's even more insulting.

Having watched CCMA this season - there is no one who is going to save us. Might be 1 or 2 squaddies but they arent HAL standard

scottmac

Suspended
I'm a massive Charlesworth out advocate.

But.

I'm not 100% sold on the idea he isn't in it for the right reasons. I think once we see the independence of the league he'll retain majority ownership with another investor or partner ie Celtic. Then we'll learn just how much the coe is a part of the set up to provide capital for the club.
But that's really only like 1%. I'm 99% sure he's a c**t.

Coastalraider

Having watched CCMA this season - there is no one who is going to save us. Might be 1 or 2 squaddies but they arent HAL standard

Why would there be?

We used to have great juniors coming through because:
-We had access to a pool of talent coming out of Western Sydney
-We offered a pathway from juniors, to a competitive team with quality senior players to learn from, and some of the best coaching staff in the country.
- As a SUCCESSFUL a-league team, a quality junior playing good first team football was in the shop window for Asian/euro teams.

Now:
-Wanderers have first dibs on western Sydney
-we offer the potential for mediocre juniors to have some game time because our cap spend means more low paid players getting time
- as the laughing stock of the A-league, a quality junior may be in the shop window for another A-League team - see Austin/Caceras - of which we receive no transfer fee.

Realistically, if you were a talented junior in this country, what would be attractive about our youth program compared to Sydney/Wanderers/City etc?? Bugger all I'd say. We won't have quality juniors until we become an attractive proposition for juniors to come. Until then, we will be creating a conveyor belt of squaddies for other A-League teams, and due to no allowable transfer fees, this will not create any revenue at all.

scottmac

Suspended
Thanks JoshO for streaming open Mike as I can't get there for these things. They seemed to ask my question “why should I continue to support/be a member when the current owner will not put a competitive team on the park …” So, after last nights 8-2 drubbing

For the past 4 years we've got the same low spend/youth development story and a new coach - and nothing changes. If the owners refuse, or don’t want to put a competitive team/management out there, then why should I continue to support the club. You’ve really lost me. My membership is going to lapse. It’s a really sad day for me & my family after a long membership.
Let's not confuse the management of the club with the on field spend. I have the utmost respect for how the management have gone about their work. Some of the things brought about this year in off field stuff has been great and the decision to hire Okon really only became noticeably wrong during the course of this year and was rectified no matter how it came about. I dont believe that team deserves to be lumped in with Charlesworth and his refusal to lose more money than he currently does in this club

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred