• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

October 1st 2008 (HAL transfer window opens)

Kareem

let Sasho go- unless he is satisfied with a smaller contract + a bench role. Would love him for a bench role but dont think he would want it.

Stringers- time to go

Clark- keep him as a squad player??? should be sweet considering he is the fitness trainer regardless

Gumprecht- time to go. Not a bad player but we need to move forward! I respect all that he has done for us but it definately time we move on- we need to strengthen our depth (or at least maintain it to an extent considering 2 extra teams = less depth across league)

and the rest can stay

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
let Sasho go- unless he is satisfied with a smaller contract + a bench role. Would love him for a bench role but dont think he would want it.

Stringers- time to go

Clark- keep him as a squad player??? should be sweet considering he is the fitness trainer regardless

Gumprecht- time to go. Not a bad player but we need to move forward! I respect all that he has done for us but it definately time we move on- we need to strengthen our depth (or at least maintain it to an extent considering 2 extra teams = less depth across league)

and the rest can stay

Why lose sash? He is still knocking in the goals. It aint like he is in a barren spell. He is still on track to be our top scorer this season. Why would we let him go? Will there really be that bigger drop in his performances from this to next?

Razorback

Jesus said:
I think osman is doing enough to warrant a new deal.
What actually is he dong besides making up the numbers in an injury ravaged midfield?

I can't fault the list that midfielder has come up with.

I think Sasho and Nik will be competing for a position next year and if Nik can't get on the park he may be ling up for Nth Qld or GCU but maybe LM will take Sasho's age into concideration and choose to keep Nik who is a few years younger

Kareem

Jesus said:
Kareem said:

Stringers- time to go

and the rest can stay

Why lose sash? He is still knocking in the goals. It aint like he is in a barren spell. He is still on track to be our top scorer this season. Why would we let him go? Will there really be that bigger drop in his performances from this to next?
he is gettin slower, losing fitness etc.
these things u cant help- its the ageing process
a great during his time in HAL for both Sydney (when I heard he signed for us i was overjoyed) and Mariners. I think it will be more evident next year...
add to that Macca + Simon if they can gel together (they werent that good a combo in preseason I was told)
+ the prospect of Mrdja gettin back to form- although he would be a typical Gold Coast kind of player IMO. Big rep- although definately a gamble!
99% sure Sasho or Mrdja will go next year to Gold Coast/ Nth QLD
It will happen to every team- they will lose some fringe players!

marinersman

Kareem said:
Jesus said:
Kareem said:

Stringers- time to go

and the rest can stay

a great during his time in HAL for both Sydney (when I heard he signed for us i was overjoyed) and Mariners. I think it will be more evident next year...
add to that Macca + Simon if they can gel together (they werent that good a combo in preseason I was told)
+ the prospect of Mrdja gettin back to form- although he would be a typical Gold Coast kind of player IMO. Big rep- although definately a gamble!

I understand why people might not warm to Sash like Matty, but bloody hell, you're guaranteed 8-10 goals a season with Sash, year in year out. How the hell is he losing fitness? Are you supervising beep tests at traning?

One last question for you Kareem, are you on the board of GC or NQ? Sash's player agent perhaps? Unless you are, don't post crap that you are 99% sure Sash or Nik are gone. It's pure, unsubstantiated crap and you shouldn't be saying it.

scottmac

Suspended
marinersman said:
Kareem said:
Jesus said:
Kareem said:

Stringers- time to go

and the rest can stay

I understand why people might not warm to Sash like Matty, but bloody hell, you're guaranteed 8-10 goals a season with Sash, year in year out. How the hell is he losing fitness? Are you supervising beep tests at traning?

One last question for you Kareem, are you on the board of GC or NQ? Sash's player agent perhaps? Unless you are, don't post crap that you are 99% sure Sash or Nik are gone. It's pure, unsubstantiated crap and you shouldn't be saying it.

Marinersman, its an opinion! We all have one, get over it.

I would love to see Sash stay and play out his career with us, as marinersman says he is good for goals every season and is very durable. Durable is what we need with Macca and Mrjda on the books.

Kareem

marinersman said:
Kareem said:
Jesus said:
Kareem said:

Stringers- time to go

and the rest can stay

whoah dude...thats pretty intense there

i dont think i said anything wrong???
I love Sasho for a matter of fact
(Jedi>Simon>Elrich>Caceres/Sasho/Bojic)
BUT
I am just trying to think of wats best for mariners...

And no I am not on board of NQ or GC but I am just assuming things might happen. We lost Kassie and Tommy P last year and with possibly best striking depth in league it would be hard to keep that depth next season especially considering the introduction of 2 new teams needing 20+ players each!

Blair

I don't care how unfit or old Sasho is. He is knocking the goals in still. 2 goals against Syd and he looks go0d on the pitch not that slow. What do you guy's want from him. God if its not Wilko it sasho we need confidence in the squad.
Keep him i say him and matty are going off. and on the GC/NQ they will go for Simones and Macca before Sasho. Young in there prime they will want stable squad. And if i were a young player in my prime that would be ideal lifestyle for me.

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
marinersman said:
Kareem said:
Jesus said:
Kareem said:

Stringers- time to go

and the rest can stay

BUT

And no I am not on board of NQ or GC but I am just assuming things might happen. We lost Kassie and Tommy P last year and with possibly best striking depth in league it would be hard to keep that depth next season especially considering the introduction of 2 new teams needing 20+ players each!

If sash keeps scoring a new deal if only for a year is only prudent.

marinermick

it's good having the pressure for spots up front

sasho has been brilliant this season and i have never seen him do so much off the ball as he has done this season

why get rid of players that add depth, experience and make other players step up?

Jorome Alexander Bennett

I think Slash must be ageing in the negative direction because he's better this season than last.
I rate him, but he is a maverick. He'll go where he wants. The only thing you can depend on with Sasho, in terms of club alignment, is that he nor likes Sydney. He tries so bloody hard to score against Sydney. I hope Sasho signs a 2-3 year deal and ends his days as a Mariner.

Kareem plays too many video games. In video games the players always deterioate after 30. If he had watched Sasho play this season he would have a different opinion, surely.
These days footallers last longer and experience makes up for what little is lost with age. The best example of this is Dwight Yorke, I reckon.
Or for an example of a striker who age had no effect on - Teddy S., anyone?

Razorback

I disagree there with both examples Goldenboy. I'd much rather a younger Dwight in prime playing and scoring goals for ManU than what he did at SFC or what he is not doing now at Sunderland. Teddy was timeless but you saw that towards the end of his career he turned into a journey man and struggled to hold a first team place at any club.

The older that a player gets, the closer a club has to look at his contributions and weigh them up against a younger more mobile player that has the potential to stay fit and firing for a greater amount of time. A club always has to look to the future and although there is no doubting Sasho's contribution since he has been at our club, the reality is that he may have to move aside for younger player. I would like him to stay as well but I'm not too sure how he would respond to reduced playing time behind Macca and Simon. I guess time will tell.

marinersman

Kareem said:
marinersman said:
Kareem said:
Jesus said:
Kareem said:

Stringers- time to go

and the rest can stay

BUT

Kareem, I'm sorry mate, I didn't mean for my post to come accross so strong, it wasn't meant like that.

The point I should have made better was I interpreted your post to mean that him being unfit and 99% sure he was off the GC/NQ as the end of the season to be fact, something which none of us know. I now understand you meant that as an opinion and I respect that and anyone elses opinion for that matter.

I apologise for the misunderstanding.

~Floss~

Goldenboy said:
I think Slash must be ageing in the negative direction because he's better this season than last.
I rate him, but he is a maverick. He'll go where he wants. The only thing you can depend on with Sasho, in terms of club alignment, is that he nor likes Sydney. He tries so bloody hard to score against Sydney. I hope Sasho signs a 2-3 year deal and ends his days as a Mariner.

Kareem plays too many video games. In video games the players always deterioate after 30. If he had watched Sasho play this season he would have a different opinion, surely.
These days footallers last longer and experience makes up for what little is lost with age. The best example of this is Dwight Yorke, I reckon.
Or for an example of a striker who age had no effect on - Teddy S., anyone?

"Slash" LOL. What an epic mad monday costume idea for him

Kareem

marinersman said:
Kareem said:
marinersman said:
Kareem said:
Jesus said:
Kareem said:

Stringers- time to go

and the rest can stay

BUT

Kareem, I'm sorry mate, I didn't mean for my post to come accross so strong, it wasn't meant like that.

The point I should have made better was I interpreted your post to mean that him being unfit and 99% sure he was off the GC/NQ as the end of the season to be fact, something which none of us know. I now understand you meant that as an opinion and I respect that and anyone elses opinion for that matter.

I apologise for the misunderstanding.
nah its sweet- every1 can have opinions just pls dont kill me for it :p
if we can keep onto all 4 great- but 2 teams will need more players and I would like to know which 3 out fo the 4 strikers every1 here would want to keep if we had to lose one (or rather who to lose)

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Razorback said:
I disagree there with both examples Goldenboy. I'd much rather a younger Dwight in prime playing and scoring goals for ManU than what he did at SFC or what he is not doing now at Sunderland. Teddy was timeless but you saw that towards the end of his career he turned into a journey man and struggled to hold a first team place at any club.

The older that a player gets, the closer a club has to look at his contributions and weigh them up against a younger more mobile player that has the potential to stay fit and firing for a greater amount of time. A club always has to look to the future and although there is no doubting Sasho's contribution since he has been at our club, the reality is that he may have to move aside for younger player. I would like him to stay as well but I'm not too sure how he would respond to reduced playing time behind Macca and Simon. I guess time will tell.

You're right. I would prefer 26 year old Yorke to 36 year old Yorke also.
Of course the players didn't stay at the top of their form. Dwight will be 37 next month. Teddy was 39 when he was still playing in the Premier League. 40 even?

What I'm saying is that Sasho is on top of his game. He is scoring goals. He is doing what is required of him in an examplary fashion. He is only 33. He doesn't look like slowing. Some say we should dump him. I think it will be a case of him dumping us.

For a goal scorer of his style I wouldn't start worrying about age until 36. But I will always keep an eye on form. So far in the A-league Sasho is the most underrated player. Every Queensland player is the most overrated. Mundy one game. people go crazy. Robby Kruze and his shitty hair. Reinaldo. The other ok young guys that I can't remember. These guys get seriuos buzz for no reason. Sasho deserves more than he gets and for people who form their opinions from what Mike Cockerill says or video games, he may not seem as good as he really is.

I will fight for Sasho's recognition like Fink, unfoundedly, fights for Carle's socceroo selection.

marinermick

Culina a target for new Gold Coast side
Michael Cockerill  SMH 14 Oct 2008

AMBITIOUS newcomers Gold Coast United are ready to launch a double swoop for Socceroos duo Jason Culina and Mile Sterjovski.

Culina, 28, who is out of contract with Dutch club PSV Eindhoven next June, is discussing a marquee deal with the club and met Gold Coast officials last weekend.

Gold Coast coach Miron Bleiberg declined to confirm the talks, saying: "All I can say is I am flattered if a player of his quality is being linked to our club."

Culina's close friend and Socceroos teammate Sterjovski may follow him to the Gold Coast if he can negotiate an early release from his contract with English Championship side Derby County.

Another player rumoured to be headed north is Central Coast striker Sasho Petrovski, who has flagged his interest in being sounded out by the incoming clubs. However, the Mariners are desperately keen to keep a hold of the former Sydney FC frontman. Manager Lawrie McKinna denied speculation Petrovski had rejected the club's first offer, saying no deal had materialised as yet.

"He's wanted by the club and he wants to stay at the club. He's doing very well and is having his best season for probably quite a while," McKinna said yesterday. "He's been very consistent. We're keen to keep him and [executive chairman] Lyall Gorman's talking with his agent now."

The Mariners could also face competition from the new Queensland clubs for their young captain Alex Wilkinson, out of contract in eight months and reported to have been sounded out about a move.

One player on the verge of joining the Central Coast line-up is experienced Italian defender Andrea Merenda, with the coach hoping to seal the deal before Sunday's home game against Wellington Phoenix.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred